• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Yo! Here be the August Stundie nom thread

Yeah, I actually followed his logic on that claim. Did I miss something?
 
Speaking of Robert Prey, here is his response about heterosexual sex and HIV infection:
I'm sure he's a troll now.

Beerina on history and the recent spate of spree shootings.

I recently had a vehement discussion with several individuals who insisted that guns are never necessary for personal defense, outside of the military or law enforcement. Leaving that aside, he also insisted that tasers and pepper spray are better because they don't kill anyone. He seemed to be unaware that they are called "less-lethal" for a reason.

Why is it so many people who are so vocally opposed to guns know so little about them? I'm opposed to a lot of things, but I actually learn about them so I can make an informed decision.

The only missing things I am aware of are penalties for false-claiming, but that's that.

There aren't really any. The Duke Rape accuser got off pretty much scot-free, while Mike Nifong got fired. I've seen...certain people say false rape accusers shouldn't be punished because it'll discourage real accusers, which is like saying perjury shouldn't be a crime because it'll discourage people from telling the truth.
 
There aren't really any. The Duke Rape accuser got off pretty much scot-free, while Mike Nifong got fired. I've seen...certain people say false rape accusers shouldn't be punished because it'll discourage real accusers, which is like saying perjury shouldn't be a crime because it'll discourage people from telling the truth.

If you make false accusations under oath there are penalties and that's the point where you analogy falls apart. That we are discussing more about non rape then the effects of actual rape is beyond me.

Some one slandered in public can receive restitution through civil means. Someone who lies in court receives criminal punishment.
 
Please, tell me you're kidding.

Go read that thread. For their logic to be correct google earth would have to be one giant image instead of a composite of satellite, airplane, and street level photography.
 
If you make false accusations under oath there are penalties and that's the point where you analogy falls apart....
No, that's kind of my point. Some people claim that punishing false accusations of rape discourage real ones, therefore those who make false accusations of rape should not be punished, or even criticized. That makes no logical sense, especially when you compare it to other forms of lying. Which I did. It's textbook special pleading.

Of course, the people in question tend to think any questioning an alleged vic's story at all is misogynist. They're not being logical, is the bottom line.
 
No, that's kind of my point. Some people claim that punishing false accusations of rape discourage real ones, therefore those who make false accusations of rape should not be punished, or even criticized. That makes no logical sense, especially when you compare it to other forms of lying. Which I did. It's textbook special pleading.

Of course, the people in question tend to think any questioning an alleged vic's story at all is misogynist. They're not being logical, is the bottom line.

As long as you are not suggesting that a woman that lies in public about rape should got to jail in the same way someone who commits perjury in a court can than I think we agree. Regardless of what the community or society feels I can sue a woman for slander if she falsely accuses me of rape and I feel that is suffuccient deterant.
 
Go read that thread. For their logic to be correct google earth would have to be one giant image instead of a composite of satellite, airplane, and street level photography.


Argh! I was really hoping that there weren't people out there who could be so blindingly stupid as that! Thanks a lot. :(

:p
 
Last edited:
I'm sure he's a troll now.



I recently had a vehement discussion with several individuals who insisted that guns are never necessary for personal defense, outside of the military or law enforcement. Leaving that aside, he also insisted that tasers and pepper spray are better because they don't kill anyone. He seemed to be unaware that they are called "less-lethal" for a reason.

Why is it so many people who are so vocally opposed to guns know so little about them? I'm opposed to a lot of things, but I actually learn about them so I can make an informed decision.



There aren't really any. The Duke Rape accuser got off pretty much scot-free, while Mike Nifong got fired. I've seen...certain people say false rape accusers shouldn't be punished because it'll discourage real accusers, which is like saying perjury shouldn't be a crime because it'll discourage people from telling the truth.

My stundie nomination wasn't specifically about the gun control part of his argument, it is more about the odd history perspective.
 
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=663166

There was a common thread to the Lincoln,Garfield,McKinley and Kennedy assasinations

What did these 4 presidents have in common? They wanted to remove all outside banking interests and have the government print it's own money without interest, loaned to business without interest unlike the international banking cartels that control our government.

Lincoln, McKinley and Kennedy all wanted to eliminate the central bank. Lincoln printed greenbacks to finance the Civil war, Kennedy printed silver certificates to pull the government away from international banking interests. All were assassinated.

The international banking stranglehold is the one untouchable. Any president that fights banking risks his own life.
 
The Bible says that the sun will undergo a metamorphosis where it will shine seven times brighter but more gently giving us better weather:
http://beforeitsnews.com/science-and-technology/2012/08/rise-of-the-killer-superstorms-2455988.html

Interesting piece of speculation that presents only one absolute truth — namely, that the Earth’s weather is Sun-driven. But with regard to long term predictions about the Earth’s future weather, NASA must defer to Biblical prophecy which foretells that the Sun will go through a period of metamorphosis (which seems to have already begun) and emerge as a completely different and more benign entity shining seven times more brightly than it does now, but in a gentler way, prompting very pleasant weather on Earth for an extended period of time.
That may explain why the Vatican is displaying a magnificent metal sculpture in the Vatican Museum’s courtyard which appears to depict an exploding Sun with a new improved Sun emerging from within it. The Vatican’s timing for displaying such a sculpture could not be more appropriate.
Whoever controls the Sun likewise determines mankind’s future quality of life on Earth. And that governance rests with God alone, who is the Holy Trinity, as defined on page one of the Bible: “Let US create man in OUR image, in OUR likeness.” GEN. 1:26 (Emphasis added)
What the Earth is experiencing at present are the birth-pangs of a coming new age of Christian peace as foretold in holy Catholic prophecy.
 
The numbers 9 and 11 are the favorite numbers of the Illuminati:
http://www.henrymakow.com/the-plan.html

It was George Bush Sr. who was the chosen "light bearer", who on September 11, 1990 at 9:09 PM gave his famous "Toward a New World Order speech". He continued to introduce more of our esoteric terms in several more speeches. "Global" was one of these words. It soon replaced the word, "world". He spoke of a "new world order". He mentioned "a thousand points of light". Other terms that soon became mainstream are "masses", "implement" (as "implement" A New World Order, "implement" The Plan) and "usher in".

11 years later to the day, on September 11, 2001, the organization pulls off the "attack on America", which created many opportunities for the organization in their push for the final steps of the completion of their plan for that NWO.

NOTE THE DATES AND TIMES and see the progression. Also, keep in mind how many times the numbers 1, 9 and 11 are used and how often September 11th is used. The numbers 9 and 11 are favorite numbers in the organization, and September 11th is a favorite date for the organization.

Here is an interesting bit of trivia to get you started off with:

Proclamation 5696 -- 9 - 1 - 1 Emergency Number Day, 1987

"Now, Therefore, I, Ronald Reagan, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim September 11, 1987, as 9 - 1 - 1 Emergency Number Day. I call upon the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities."

I can tell you that it is a fact that the members of the organization certainly do "observe this day", September 11th, with their own "appropriate ceremonies and activities."

On September 11, 1990 at 9:09 PM, President George Herbert Walker Bush gave his "Toward a New World Order speech". Speaking before the joint session of Congress in regards to the Persian Gulf War, he stated that the war presented an opportunity for a "New World Order" to emerge.

On 1/16/1991 Bush launches his war in the middle east, a war that "presented an opportunity for a "New World Order" to emerge". (That date is significant in several ways in occult numerology. Again, notice use of the numbers 1 and 9.)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom