And I live in London and its already annoying me.
Get out while you can!
And I live in London and its already annoying me.
Get out while you can!
Because it is something that has been played/sung in churches/fetes etc. for donkey's years, and is British. Hmm....who's hosting the games this year?
It's a big feature of the Last Night of the Proms in the UK.
Every year.
Nothing happens.
It's the idea of any governments planning to kill citizens for gain that bothers me. Especially if the planned attack is tied to globally conspiratorial implications. Not to mention the fact I have friends who live in and near London.
It's also the anthem of the UK Women's Institute, so has links to homemade Jam (jelly), tea, and big buns.
Yeah "Jerusalem" is kind of a big deal over here, It's up there with "land of hope and glory" and "Rule Britannia" as one of those songs, taught at school, (used to be anyhow), and all of them sung at the proms every year.
It's as English as red double decker buses, cricket on the village green, and Joanna Lumley in a Union Jack hat.
I guess the US equivalent would be "star spangled banner", "hail to the chief" or that "Sea to shining sea" one.
"That 'Sea to shining sea' one" is God Bless AmericaWP, and I'd say that's the closest analog, especially since the September 11 attacks, after which the song experienced a tremendous resurgence in popularity.
It's also the anthem of the UK Women's Institute, so has links to homemade Jam (jelly), tea, and big buns.
Yeah "Jerusalem" is kind of a big deal over here, It's up there with "land of hope and glory" and "Rule Britannia" as one of those songs, taught at school, (used to be anyhow), and all of them sung at the proms every year.
It's as English as red double decker buses, cricket on the village green, and Joanna Lumley in a Union Jack hat.
I guess the US equivalent would be "star spangled banner", "hail to the chief" or that "Sea to shining sea" one.
Wish I could but work on onsite support at an office I have to be here.....
Why would they base the opening ceremony on this poem about a second coming and a new Jerusalem in England?
I can tell you're not British. It would be more suspicious if the opening ceremony didn't feature "Jerusalem" in some form. It's the nearest thing there is to an English national anthem.
Dave
So you are part of the conspiracy?
Hmm bet you swapped the north and south Korean flags to kick start a war didn't you?
I am of course jesting. The only "false flag" of the event was an idiotic error.
SHowaddy Waddys Thats Neat is being used as the Olympics Opening music.......nooooooooooooooo
So only slightly less English than bobble hats, Rupert Bear, and Jean Luc Piccards french accent.
For those who don't know the story, Joseph of Arama- er, Amaph- er.... Joseph who the Pa Kent to Jesus was meant to have sought sanctury in Glastonbury when Jesus left the holy lands for france. Josephs hawthorn staff became a tree. Legend, if not the Bible, had a young Jesus travelling to Glastonbury tor with his father to learn the wisdom and secrets of Pythagorean and Druidic cults.
The hymn asks if Jesus truly did walk here, before emphasising the spiritual and ethical connections between Jesus and the English, suggesting that the British have inherited and embody the christian ethos and spirit.
It has very little to do with zionist plots. Or false flag events. As Joseph is meant to watch over Britain as long as his hawthorn tree grows, he probably wouldn't approve.
Incorrect; the lyric "sea to shining sea" comes from "America the Beautiful", along with purple mountains' majesty above the fruited plain.
Even I know that last sentence is untrue. You'll simply find something else to be "anxious" about.