Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Dec 9, 2009
- Messages
- 18,941
I have on occasion given the twoofer opponent the choice between the conclusions "he lies" and "he's really that damned stupid" - they inevitably decline to chose...
As you know I am usually legally pedantic about the difference between 'lie' and 'utter untruths'. I think I can legitimately stay with 'lie' until someone invokes 'stupidity' as a defence.![]()
Given the ridiculous faith in multiple decimal places of an inch in this thread dealing with a fire ravaged building.....as if 11.0/5.5 is not the same as 12.0/6.0 in the setting of this thread....[qimg]http://conleys.com.au/smilies/nono.gif[/qimg]
Kinda like when the national football*) champion is in summer training between seasons and they play an exhibition match against some small town or village team from the 6th or 7th leage; final score is typically in the 8:0 - 14:0 range, but the village team will remember to eternity if they scored one goal, or held the champion to less than 6 goals. They'll remember the moment of fame, and less that they still lost the game
*) For you North American lurkers: "Football" here refers to the sport that is actually played with actual feet and an actual ball