Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing
Well, if a plea bargain is coming, I guess this arrest might start the talks.
I don't know about a plea, that would be interesting. Here in Illinois it would depends upon the DA
Well, if a plea bargain is coming, I guess this arrest might start the talks.
He is being railroaded.
Zing!
All jokes aside, it's one thing to speculate out of one's depth prior to the release of pertinent information, but another entirely to do the same once that information has been made available.
I don't recall anyone saying the EMTs or the doctor were wrong once their reports were released. But we have people in this thread who have the audacity to chastise and denigrate a veteran judge as if they somehow know better than he does. That's just sheer idiocy.
And it won't be the last we've seen of such idiocy, mark my words. Any turn of events that doesn't benefit Zimmerman will be viewed by some as part of some bizarre conspiracy to railroad him. It's already been hinted at, and it will only get worse.
I believe my use of the term and yours must vary considerably.
This didn't come as a big surprise to me either. Back around page 200 when I first entered the thread and the paypal nonsense came up I suspected the prosecution might try a stunt something like this.
Looks more like spin than a take.![]()
Why is that? I think what is being done is legal, but a railroad nonetheless.
I'm quite sure that there is no evidence at all that could come to light that would convince some of you that Z is guilty.
Z himself could confess and some of you would still spin it.
So who passed the law, was it Corey, by fiat or dictate?
Do things occur in a context or in isolation?
How is that possible unless you are using a different definition of railroad.
Railroad, as commonly used, would require the prosecution to have solid evidence that Z is innocent.
You don't seriously believe that they do, do you?
It would also be illegal. There is no such thing as a legal "railroading". Having solid evidence that Z is innocent and prosecuting him would be illegal.
How is that possible unless you are using a different definition of railroad.
Railroad, as commonly used, would require the prosecution to have solid evidence that Z is innocent.
You don't seriously believe that they do, do you?
It would also be illegal. There is no such thing as a legal "railroading". Having solid evidence that Z is innocent and prosecuting him would be illegal.
It's legal, you just have to change prosecutors and investigators.
Fascinating. Either, in some strange twist of fate, only you have the power to see the truth that somehow several legal professionals involved in this case failed to see... or you're wrong.
Guess which option my money is on?
What would honestly be the point of that conversation? The lies she told are obvious.
You deny that fact. Arguing with you further would be pointless. You are clearly committed to your denial.
It will still be you. She won't be acquitted.
How does writing Judge Lester's name as "JudgeLynchLester" serve as criticism? It's a cheap shot taken at someone you've decided not to like because things didn't turn out the way in which you preferred.
Sooooo...........how much money did you send him?...
...
Out of kindness I supposeI see. She committed perjury, but they just didn't charge her.
TVZ
I'll just take that as a "Yes, I'm not using the common definition of a railroading."
BTW, I asked you a direct question:
Do you, GWCarver, believe that the prosecution has solid evidence that Z is innocent?
Please answer that one.
As for the opposite question, whether or not the prosecution has some good evidence that Z is guilty, I believe I can safely assume you believe they don't?
We'll just have to wait until the trial (or, less likely, a future evidence dump) to find out if they do indeed have good evidence that says Z is guilty.
I'm waiting for crimresearch's take on today's events.