• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just...just how do people actually think these things won't be uncovered??

Colour me staggered at the moronic lying.

Someone should tell them this ain't the police / DA's first rodeo.

I recall hearing about transfers just under 10K, but I'm surprised there are quite a few of them. I don't really understand what they were trying to accomplish. This was entirely a state matter and they were constructing their transfers so the Feds wouldn't know about them. As if the feds don't look for multiple transfers just under 10K.
 

Personally, I feel it's unfair that they used that picture of Shellie. Couldn't they find a nicer one? Clearly, the media is biased.

That's what you get when you lie under oath, I suppose. That mean Ms. Corey! And I bet Crump had a hand in this too.

The whole lot of them on Watermelon Lean!

:mad:

She was railroaded! Due process!!! NORTH KOREA!!! BLAARRGGHH!!!
 
I will wager 25 cents that this will be used in plea bargaining on GZ.

I won't take that bet !

Yes, the easy answer is they did it to potentially use as leverage on George.

One could also speculate that SZ just left such a giant trail of stupid they had no choice but to do it, too.

It doesn't appear as if it will be too difficult to prove, but they are still just charges (right now)

Anyone want to enlighten as to what the potential and/or likely consequences are?
 
I won't take that bet !

Yes, the easy answer is they did it to potentially use as leverage on George.

One could also speculate that SZ just left such a giant trail of stupid they had no choice but to do it, too.

It doesn't appear as if it will be too difficult to prove, but they are still just charges (right now)

Anyone want to enlighten as to what the potential and/or likely consequences are?

It *is* so very public that they would be "sending the wrong message" if they allowed it to slide. One of the few times that term is appropriate.
 
The judge does dismiss the passport issue with the footnotes, it seems.

I think GZ is now dependent on a jury to stay out of jail.

Long trials like this one will be are iffy when it comes to conviction, it takes twelve to convict and one refusal to hang the jury.

They will be flooded with evidence, long boring evidence, long boring expert testimony. If Corey can make a coherent picture then the chances of conviction are higher, but I think it will be a squeaker, if a jury does vote to convict.
 
Personally, I feel it's unfair that they used that picture of Shellie. Couldn't they find a nicer one? Clearly, the media is biased.



She was railroaded! Due process!!! NORTH KOREA!!! BLAARRGGHH!!!

Speaking of North Korea, did you ever find out if they prosecute 12 year olds as adults like Corey is doing in Florida?

Have they sunk that low?
 
So... you think that when someone says "do have any estimate" they are referring to an actual physical document of some sort?

Seriously?

Yes, seriously, he could have been asking for a document. She answered the question truthfully as asked. She said she didn't have one. He didn't specify the format of the information he was seeking, he just asked if she had it. She said no, she didn't have it.

He bungled the question. Maybe that is why Corey got herself a new ADA.


I'm confused, do you, personally, really believe that, or are you just presenting it as what Z's wife may have believed?
 
Speaking of North Korea, did you ever find out if they prosecute 12 year olds as adults like Corey is doing in Florida?

Have they sunk that low?

Why would I entertain such a silly off-topic tangent?

If anything, smearing Corey seems a bit behind the curve.

I feel like the next logical step for you and your buddies at The Conservative Treehouse is to dig up some dirt on Judge Lester to impugn his character.

Good luck with that, and be sure to let us know how it goes.
 
Why would I entertain such a silly off-topic tangent?

If anything, smearing Corey seems a bit behind the curve.

I feel like the next logical step for you and your buddies at The Conservative Treehouse is to dig up some dirt on Judge Lester to impugn his character.

Good luck with that, and be sure to let us know how it goes.

Hasn't this thread been tortured enough? Have you no humanity left? Why would you invite more garbage into this thread?
 
Long trials like this one will be are iffy when it comes to conviction, it takes twelve to convict and one refusal to hang the jury.

They will be flooded with evidence, long boring evidence, long boring expert testimony. If Corey can make a coherent picture then the chances of conviction are higher, but I think it will be a squeaker, if a jury does vote to convict.

Well, if a plea bargain is coming, I guess this arrest might start the talks.
 
I'm confused, do you, personally, really believe that, or are you just presenting it as what Z's wife may have believed?

This has kind of been beaten to death, but what I will say is I am confident if Ms. Zimmerman is convicted of perjury, it won't be on this particular question and answer.
 
Why would I entertain such a silly off-topic tangent?

If anything, smearing Corey seems a bit behind the curve.

I feel like the next logical step for you and your buddies at The Conservative Treehouse is to dig up some dirt on Judge Lester to impugn his character.

Good luck with that, and be sure to let us know how it goes.

You keep bringing up North Korea, you know.

I haven't heard anyone say anything negative about Judge Lester. In fact, I don't think this bond fiasco will have any effect on his final determination if there is a SYG hearing. I think he will follow the evidence and the law.

eta - There is never a wrong time to trash Florida's version of Nancy Grace.
 
Last edited:
Acknowledged and appreciated.

We don't agree on much, but I respect the way you comport yourself.

Cheers. :D

It doesn't surprise me either. Arresting the man's wife for not telling them about something she already had disclosed and that they knew about and where to go for the correct information for routine questions that have nothing to do with the actual charges against him pretty much illustrates what we're dealing with here:

The Crucible Arthur Miller said:
DANFORTH: Proctor, you mistake me. I am not empowered to trade your life for a lie. You have most certainly seen some person with the Devil.

Proctor is silent.

Mr. Proctor, a score of people have already testified they saw this woman with the Devil.

PROCTOR: Then it is proved. Why must I say it?

DANFORTH: Why "must" you say it! Why, you should rejoice to say it if your soul is truly purged of any love for Hell!

PROCTOR: They think to go like saints. I like not to spoil their names.

DANFORTH, inquiring, incredulous: Mr. Proctor, do you think they go like saints?

PROCTOR, evading: This woman never thought she done the Devil’s work. DANFORTH: Look you, sir. I think you mistake your duty here. It matters nothing what she thought….
PROCTOR: I speak my own sins; I cannot judge another. Crying out, with hatred: I have no tongue for it.

Let us see, they sat 'six feet from from her, could have asked her about it at any time' and did!

Judge Lynch Lester ought to have been asked if he had any 'decency, any shame'--and maybe someday someone will.

Going after the defendants wife and pretending she 'lied' for not 'revealing' something she already told them about and thus had every reason to expect they were aware of is about as lame as you can get.

Johnny, if it was actually important for anything outside trying to punish George Zimmerman extra-judicially, why didn't they simply follow up on it and ask her about it again?

Because they already knew, just like Shelly Zimmerman was aware as was everyone else who was following the case closely. Pretending that those answers taken out of that context were 'lies' or that she was 'trying to deceive them' is mindlessly myopic.

Enjoy the 'spin cycle' Johnny, and pretend that's all I'm doing, but if you can't actually come up with comfortable answers to why the prosecution is charging the wife for routine questions about something both they and she were aware of by semantically parsing her answers it ought to suggest in the long run this won't be nearly as 'satisfying' for the prosecution as it seems today. ;)
 
Last edited:
You keep bringing up North Korea, you know.

Just so we're clear, that's done as mockery, not a desire to actually discuss North Korea.

I haven't heard anyone say anything negative about Judge Lester. In fact, I don't think this bond fiasco will have any effect on his final determination if there is a SYG hearing. I think he will follow the evidence and the law.

Quoted for posterity. You already seem to be at odds with him regarding whether or not Zimmerman's wife lied on the stand. So we'll see if you change your tune on Judge Lester when and if he starts making rulings with which you disagree.

And I'll bet that The Conservative Treehouse already has their crack team of investigators on the case.
 
It doesn't surprise me either. Arresting the man's wife for not telling them about something she already had disclosed and that they knew about and where to go for the correct information for routine questions that have nothing to do with the actual charges against him pretty much illustrates what we're dealing with here:

Let us see, they sat 'six feet from from her, could have asked her about it at any time' and did!

Judge Lynch Lester ought to have been asked if he had any 'decency, any shame'--and maybe someday someone will.

Going after the defendants wife and pretending she 'lied' for not 'revealing' something she already told them about and thus had every reason to expect they were aware of is about as lame as you can get.

Johnny, if it was actually important for anything outside trying to punish George Zimmerman extra-judicially, why didn't they simply follow up on it and ask her about it again?

Because they already knew, just like Shelly Zimmerman was aware as was everyone else who was following the case closely. Pretending that those answers taken out of that context were 'lies' or that she was 'trying to deceive them' is mindlessly myopic.

Enjoy the 'spin cycle' Johnny, and pretend that's all I'm doing, but if you can't actually come up with comfortable answers to why the prosecution is charging the wife for routine questions about something both they and she were aware of by semantically parsing her answers it ought to suggest in the long run this won't be nearly as 'satisfying' for the prosecution as it seems today. ;)

There wasn't a lot of sense to be pulled out of this rambling word salad, so I'm not sure what you are trying to say other than "Waaaahhh! No fair!".

Zimmerman's wife lied on the stand. That has been clearly demonstrated, and was enough to warrant a perjury charge. That anyone would continue to deny this simple fact is sad and bizarre.

But good luck with your denial! I'm sure that will work out for you in the end the way it always does for people in denial.

Also, from earlier today:
I can't wait for the smear campaign that will surely be launched at Judge Lester.

Well, that didn't take long:
Judge Lynch Lester ought to have been asked if he had any 'decency, any shame'--and maybe someday someone will.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom