KatieG
Rootin' Tootin' Raspberry
I think we can safely assume that this point that his lawyer wasn't bluffing and he had a broken nose. And I think we can somewhat safely assume that the picture ABC released showed a bleeding head. But if you want to say we don't know those things with certainty, sure, we don't know them with certainty.
Um again, virtually every claim of certainty of the screams that I've seen came from your side, all of which came from a willingness to embrace junk science voice analysts in a newspaper article.I get a little frustrated with you repeatedly misrepresenting what just about every person on my "side" says, which is merely that it is possible GZ is telling the truth. That is NOT the same in any way shape or form as "believing everything GZ says as gospel" no matter how many times you try to paint it that way.
And now I'm angry because you deliberately misrepresented what I said. I said some folks. Did I specifically name names? No, no I did not.
I don't claim we have proof, but as I've stated at this point my personal belief based on the evidence I've seen is that those are more likely than not GZ's screams. NOT just because he says so, but for reasons already stated and not worth restating again.
I don't have a "side" per say. What I do know is a 17 yo young man is dead. How and what happened that night are unknown to me.
I arrived at some premature conclusions I reached by reading the MSM. As things went along, they were proven wrong. I accept that, I have no choice but to accept it.
I have made no claims about any voice junk science nor made any posts condoning its use. Please don't lump me in with those who have made any claims.
Based on my personal life experiences and interactions with people all over the world (military brat, traveled for business), and listening to GZ's call to LE, and seeing the final outcome, I think GZ got himself into trouble and TM died. I believe he followed him and a couple of guys bumped chests. Wow, never seen that happen before! Too bad one of them had a gun.
I don't blame GZ because I think SYG is terrible law. GZ wasn't responsible for it's passing. I just don't think someone should be able to confront another person, then shoot their way out of it.
If GZ gets immunity at the SYG hearing, so be it. I won't be happy but I won't head out my door with a pitchfork and torch in hand.
If it goes to trial and he's found Not Guilty, the above applies. That would mean 12 people saw all the evidence and made that conclusion.
If GZ is found Guilty, then so be it. I wasn't there, I didn't see what those 12 people saw with the evidence presented.
Regardless of the outcome, some people will be unhappy. They can just get glad in the same shoes they got mad in. GZ's life is ruined, no matter what. I can't imagine the personal hell he is going through and I hope I never do. I can't be happy with his misfortune. I'm sure he'd take it all back if he could. But, and oh yeah, there's always a but, as an adult, I think GZ should have exhibited better judgement. The police were on their way.
I know it's frustrating for folks out here who are doing the point/counter point thing, and that's great! Keeps all of us on our toes. But I don't recall ever attacking your posts and was a little surprised by the vehemence with which you came after mine.
Last edited: