• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I get it. So if I change my username from Unabogie to ChinksAreSlantyEyed or KikesStealMoney, then I'm ok? After, it's my username, not what I'm calling others.
I like the way you added verbs there to make it about others. Boy you are sharp, I bet no one is going to notice that.
 
OMG lynch mob! OMG witch hunt! OMG violent attention-mongering!!!1!11!!one!!

Yeah, no kidding. While half a dozen whackjobs who call themselves the "New Black Panther Party" have been consistently held up as representative of one side of this case, it seems to get overlooked that the Martin family themselves have only ever called for justice for their dead son.
 
Am I the only one that finds the medias change of tune HILARIOUS?! For weeks nearly every article made sure to make this as inflammatory as possible, never missing an opportunity to point out the white man that gunned down a black boy with an iced tea and skittles. Now suddenly, almost every article has a headline or subject text that says something like "experts say prosecutors are going to have a tough case". Wait a minute, I thought it was an open and shut case of a racist white man gunning down a young boy with iced tea and skittles?

From the beginning, the media has been citing the Stand Your Ground law as an obstacle in this case. The existence of that law has been one of the central controversies. Your portrayal of the "media spin" is erroneous.
 
Last edited:
Does first require premeditation?

He didn't mention it directly but he said the segregator was intent to kill.

My point in all this was throwing down the challenge to demonstrate any difference at all, in practice or in thought, between premeditation and intent to kill.

Hence I like the intent to kill vs. vicious attack without intent to kill. IANAL, much less a FL lawyer but that judge sure as hell is. :)
 
While I disagree with almost all of that, I do think the above is a sickening possibility. Love or hate the original verdict against the police officers in the Rodney King case, having the feds come in and retry him was a farce and the most egregious abuse of double jeopardy imaginable.

Edit: per UnrepentantSinner's request I am clarifying that what I am quoting above is not from him/her, it's something he was quoting.

Usually civil rights violations require an institutional presence of some sort. So it is more likely the SPD and the State's Attorney who would be investigated.
 
That sounds too awesome to be real. Are you sure it wasn't just a dream?

Nope, it happened he was found dead of a 'self inflicted gunshot wound', lying in bed. The coroner said it was suicide. Three years later after they had nailed down every possible they charged her, I am looking for an archive of the story
 
You too are obviously not a myspace user :)

http://myspace2.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/278/~/myspace-user-id,-vanity-url

The 'accountid' is different from the 'user name' - you can't change your account id, but you can edit your profile change your user name. At least that is how I understand it from my googling.
This whole sidetrack is a red herring, but in support of this comment, I have a dozen "userIDs" for various reasons. Many of them I picked from words that I looked up an saw like the books and video games on the shelf in front of me. It's like passwords and they are not nicknames or handles.
 
I heard that too. I about lost it yelling at his brother to STFU!!!

One whom cannot breathe, cannot scream either.
Oh what a tangled web we weave..... :rolleyes:


There are also a lot of news reporters saying GZ looks like he lost weight (he's being arraigned now). I believe that, anyone would possibly have a hard time eating after they killed an unarmed kid. In the arrest video where GZ is entering the building from the garage with the shirt over his head he looks fairly hefty. Perhaps the claims GZ was close in size to TM were somewhat exaggerated.
 
I guess the other interesting item to come out of his first appearance is that the circuit judge that was assigned to this case is new - only being on the bench for one year.
 
The leaks have been plentiful though, including a leak of the charges, and we haven't had a hint of any damning evidence so far.
The leaks in this and other cases bother me. They could keep quiet about Who Shot JR but information about real cases is leaked frequently.

On the other hand leaks are great for message boards.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom