• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

North Korea....what to do what to do

"I say we take off and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure." ...
 
Last edited:
When did I defend a dictatorship? You mean your neighboring 2 party dictatorship?
You don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you post this kind of stuff, right?
 
You don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you post this kind of stuff, right?


Actually, I do. Because just like in North Korea, you won't be able to add any additional party to the legislature. Just like in a dictatorship. :p
 
When did I defend a dictatorship? You mean your neighboring 2 party dictatorship? Anyway, sanctions don't work. And a good start would be to normalize relations. You remember, there was a similar situation in Germany - and the cold war was a waste of time and energy.

Which 2-party dictatorship are you talking about?

You want to normalize relations with a "government" running massive enslavement/torture camps?

You were against sanctions directed at SA? You are against sanctions directed at Israel? You feel the rest of the ME should normalize relations with Israel unconditionally?
 
Actually, I do. Because just like in North Korea, you won't be able to add any additional party to the legislature. Just like in a dictatorship. :p

So you don't see much of a distinction between how Norway and North Korea governs itself?
 
German anti-semite anti-capitalist is an anti-semite anti-capitalist.....


Nope, just a rascal. :)

And Anti-Idiocy. That, of course, includes North Korea, Israel, Iran, the US, etc.
But that does not mean that I would prefer to bomb anyone, as a Dictatorship would like to do to their declared enemies, no matter if there's a real threat or not.
 
Thank you, I will look up the term later. :)

Allow me:

fat·u·ous

Adjective: Silly and pointless.

Link

foolish or inane, especially in an unconscious, complacent manner; silly.

Link

There is a good list of synonyms here too:

Synonyms: airheaded, birdbrained, bonehead, boneheaded, brain-dead, brainless, bubbleheaded, chuckleheaded, dense, dim, dim-witted, doltish, dopey (also dopy), dorky [slang], dull, dumb, dunderheaded, empty-headed, stupid, gormless [chiefly British], half-witted, knuckleheaded, lamebrain (or lamebrained), lunkheaded, mindless, oafish, obtuse, opaque, pinheaded, senseless, simple, slow, slow-witted, soft, softheaded, thick, thickheaded, thick-witted, unintelligent, unsmart, vacuous, weak-minded, witless

Link

I hope I have been of assistance. :teacher:
 
Norway virtually banned parties from the legislative process?
No, I think Norway is doing quite well and acting sane.

Well, Safe-Keeper is Norwegian who you responded to. If you are alluding to the US somehow, there is no "virtual banning" of third parties from the legislative process. Their hurdle to the legislature is the democratic will of the people. Secondly, even if the US were a dictatorship, it wouldn't make North Korea any less despicable and worthy of this thread.

To the OP, I think one of the first orders of business is to put more diplomatic pressure on China not to return North Korean refugees. They are already receiving a lot of heat around the world for doing so and we need to crank up that heat. One idea that has been floated at dailynk.com is to have South Korean's in place in China(illegally) that provides instant SK citizenship to these refugees while in China.
 
Well, Safe-Keeper is Norwegian who you responded to. If you are alluding to the US somehow, there is no "virtual banning" of third parties from the legislative process. Their hurdle to the legislature is the democratic will of the people. Secondly, even if the US were a dictatorship, it wouldn't make North Korea any less despicable and worthy of this thread.

To the OP, I think one of the first orders of business is to put more diplomatic pressure on China not to return North Korean refugees. They are already receiving a lot of heat around the world for doing so and we need to crank up that heat. One idea that has been floated at dailynk.com is to have South Korean's in place in China(illegally) that provides instant SK citizenship to these refugees while in China.

Yes, the Underground Railroad, or its equivalent from North Korea, is one of the best bets for those coming into China.

As much as I am slightly loth to say it as an atheist, the Christian missionaries and their Churches in China tend to do some of the best work with North Korean refugees. Also, because of the high-level of Christianity in South Korea, there is the possibility of a support network there. Unfortunately a lot of North Korean refugees face a lot of discrimination in South Korea.
 
Nope, just a rascal. :)

And Anti-Idiocy. That, of course, includes North Korea, Israel, Iran, the US, etc.
But that does not mean that I would prefer to bomb anyone, as a Dictatorship would like to do to their declared enemies, no matter if there's a real threat or not.

Is "rascal" now a synonym for "Ignorant"?

Why isn't Germany included in your list of idiotic nations?
 
Why not finance oil exploration in N. Korea?

Nobody will bother about a country that has no economic influence in the global scene. But if there is oil there then the entire western world would blast the N. Korean government out of there faster than you could say, "Saddam who?"
 
Yes, the Underground Railroad, or its equivalent from North Korea, is one of the best bets for those coming into China.

As much as I am slightly loth to say it as an atheist, the Christian missionaries and their Churches in China tend to do some of the best work with North Korean refugees. Also, because of the high-level of Christianity in South Korea, there is the possibility of a support network there. Unfortunately a lot of North Korean refugees face a lot of discrimination in South Korea.

I feel the same way and you are right, these Christian missionaries are doing the most/best work in the current underground railroad system. South Korea has a program to help North Koreans adjust to their new reality but it still is very rough for them and thousands of them end up living under the radar and exploited while in China. Laos is another nation that returns the refugees which I think China and Laos are the only nations that do so. Even Vietnam doesn't do this.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom