• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the comment:
The mortician remarked as well that there was no evidence of Travon having been in a fight either. No bruises or cuts on his hands that would be evident were he in a fight


I think a medical report and/or photos will trump a morticians evaluation of TM's hands. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Bear in mind the mortician works for the Martin family.
 
Erm...Did you miss the part of the law that says that the user of force must be engaged in a legitimate activity?

False imprisonment is a felony in most places.

Yup. Though what that has to do with the case at hand is something I'm unable to fathom.
 
A note about the Daily Caller image:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/police-surveillance-video-of-zimmerman-may-show-head-injury/

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carni...ge-proves-abc-blew-it-on-zimmerman-video.html

I altered sharpness and contrast and enlarged a screen grab from the video, pictured below.

Altering the contrast on an image to demonstrate a wound is horribly dishonest. That would turn a simple shadow into something that looks like a cut. I know. I do Photoshop work every day.

That picture is BS.
 
A note about the Daily Caller image:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/police-surveillance-video-of-zimmerman-may-show-head-injury/

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carni...ge-proves-abc-blew-it-on-zimmerman-video.html



Altering the contrast on an image to demonstrate a wound is horribly dishonest. That would turn a simple shadow into something that looks like a cut. I know. I do Photoshop work every day.

That picture is BS.


Both images are right there together. Original, and altered, and the caption makes this clear.
 
Both images are right there together. Original, and altered, and the caption makes this clear.

Altering images using sharpness and contrast in Photoshop is crap. It takes the value spectrum and compresses it, removing detail, not adding it. I takes grey and makes it black. It takes light and makes it white.

That picture is dishonest hackery.
 
They are the same picture except the lower one has been digitally enhanced.

Okay "Unabogie", how is it dishonest to post "that picture"?

Actually, he's talking about the other website, which posted it's own single altered picture. But even they pointed out that they enhanced the picture.
 
Last edited:
Okay "Unabogie", how is it dishonest to post "that picture"?

Actually, he's talking about the other website, which posted it's own single altered picture. But even they pointed out that they enhanced the picture.
I don't think it is dishonest. It's a technique used in law enforcement. However, it has limitations and can be deceiving. I suspect photographic experts would conclude that is of no probative value.
 
Altering images using sharpness and contrast in Photoshop is crap. It takes the value spectrum and compresses it, removing detail, not adding it. I takes grey and makes it black. It takes light and makes it white.

That picture is dishonest hackery.

Did anyone check the PDF layers ?

:boxedin:
 
I don't think it is dishonest. It's a technique used in law enforcement. However, it has limitations and can be deceiving. I suspect photographic experts would conclude that is of no probative value.

I suspect many people reading the discussion in this thread would come to the same conclusion :D
 
Was this the pic?

Sorta looks like a gash that has had the hair around it shaved off.

http://dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Zimmerman-ABC-video-enhanced-caption.jpg

Well, I'm convinced. Zimmerman was definitely the recipient of a scalp laceration that is only really visible in the right light and when enhanced, and although apparently being quite large, required no wound dressing.

But wait... it doesn't end there. Notice the police officer in the lower right corner of this photo:



After some enhancement, it becomes clear he also has a gash in his head in about that same location as Zimmerman's:
content_round.php


Just how many victim's did Trayvon Martin have before he was finally stopped?

I have a feeling we've only seen the tip of the iceberg on this deadly rampage of head gashing.
 
I still have that haircut from my military days.

I still think that's shaved and stitched... :)

And stitched? That makes no sense. Stitching is not done by EMTs and Zimmerman was not taken to a hospital before being booked. A slice that needs to be stitched may be clean around the area but a split from a blow would be heavily bruised.

Also, how the hell would Martin have bounced the top of his (Zimmerman's) head? I sincerely doubt that the fight included some pile drive into the sidewalk.
 
Last edited:
FWIW, I just opened the original screen grab in Photoshop and increased the contrast all the way up. The area around his head gets darker, but I can't get that spot on his head to look as dark. At all.

This is a stupid exercise but I'll upload my version if requested. I'll just say that doctored photos are the cheapest form of dishonesty and leave it at that.
 
Did anyone check the PDF layers ?

:boxedin:

In the case of the birth certificate, the CT people are claiming the document was altered with no evidence. In this case, they are admitting up front that they altered the photo. I hope you see the difference between those two scenarios.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom