• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if there'd be another description of Zimmerman's injuries in the call for medics for comparison.

No because if it's anything like Kissimee/Orlando, the medics word for the Fire Department. They are still paramedics but they are not a separate entity fromt the fire department. I don't know why everyone is hung up on the word laceration; it's just a jagged wound or cut. If people misinterpreted the word to mean something more than that, it's not the terminology's fault.
 
I'll try to look up a link and sorry if it's been posted, but another report states that Trayvon had not defensive wounds on his hands or knuckles. No abrasions there of any kind, which would undercut the idea that he'd been pummelling Zimmerman's head.

I've seen the comment:
The mortician remarked as well that there was no evidence of Travon having been in a fight either. No bruises or cuts on his hands that would be evident were he in a fight


I think a medical report and/or photos will trump a morticians evaluation of TM's hands. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.
 
I've seen the comment:
The mortician remarked as well that there was no evidence of Travon having been in a fight either. No bruises or cuts on his hands that would be evident were he in a fight


I think a medical report and/or photos will trump a morticians evaluation of TM's hands. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.


*speculation by me again*
I am no coroner but if he was killed before swelling could set in, wouldn't that sort of prevent any swelling? Discoloration occurs when blood gathers at an impact sight. If the heart is not pumping blood, why would it gather?
 
No because if it's anything like Kissimee/Orlando, the medics word for the Fire Department. They are still paramedics but they are not a separate entity fromt the fire department. I don't know why everyone is hung up on the word laceration; it's just a jagged wound or cut. If people misinterpreted the word to mean something more than that, it's not the terminology's fault.
Errr... no, it doesn't matter who they worked for, they would have used a run sheet. They should never treat someone for head injuries, and just drive away with no documentation *especially* if the person refused transport.
(Note that in some articles, Zimmerman's lawyer is saying something about being denied hospital care... that's exactly why those forms are filled out).


And their choice to say abrasion, laceration, contusion, etc. would be more useful than the police report using the word laceration.

If they wrote 'minor abrasions, saline debridement and applied Vionex' that would be consistent with what the video shows.
 
By Zimmerman's account, Martin was never in a fist fight.

Zimmerman claims Martin punched him once in the nose and he went down, then Martin began banging his head on the pavement.

By that account, it would be unlikely that Martin would have any visible injuries to his hands.
 
From the comments:
Even if he’d tweeted the correct address, it’s a clear violation of Twitter’s Terms of Service. He should lose his Twitter account immediately and very publicly so that other people understand why this was a very stupid thing to do. Step up, Twitter, and do the right thing.

I don't use twitter, but if this is true, he should lose his 'verified' account. It will probably matter little to him, but may help restrain others from similar actions in the future.

Spike retweeted that address; unless he was the only one, there should be a lot of Twitter accounts being cancelled over this.
 
I've seen the comment:
The mortician remarked as well that there was no evidence of Travon having been in a fight either. No bruises or cuts on his hands that would be evident were he in a fight


I think a medical report and/or photos will trump a morticians evaluation of TM's hands. But I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Do you have a link?

*speculation by me again*
I am no coroner but if he was killed before swelling could set in, wouldn't that sort of prevent any swelling? Discoloration occurs when blood gathers at an impact sight. If the heart is not pumping blood, why would it gather?

I don't think so. Again, I'm no expert, but look at photos of Emmett Till. He certainly died soon after those injuries but was completely swollen. Also, not that there were no cuts. People who have been punching someone have marks to show for it. Remember OJ's hands?
 
Last edited:
I don't think so. Again, I'm no expert, but look at photos of Emmett Till. He certainly died soon after those injuries but was completely swollen. Also, not that there were no cuts. People who have been punching someone have marks to show for it. Remember OJ's hands?

Till was beat over the course of the night. The fight between GZ and TM lasted a total of a minute or two (at the most). As far as the police report, there was only one punch. How much wounding do you need to see, to believe there was a single punch?

Let me ask this, in general, though; pretty much every witness to the entire night (short of Cutcher) reports there being a physical altercation. Before this picked up steam and became racially motivated, those witnesses didn't know who was screaming because they were inside. The only two eye witnesses report Zimmerman on the bottom, screaming for help, and Martin on top. What exactly is a lack of cuts on the hand proving or disproving?
 
Till was beat over the course of the night. The fight between GZ and TM lasted a total of a minute or two (at the most). As far as the police report, there was only one punch. How much wounding do you need to see, to believe there was a single punch?

Let me ask this, in general, though; pretty much every witness to the entire night (short of Cutcher) reports there being a physical altercation. Before this picked up steam and became racially motivated, those witnesses didn't know who was screaming because they were inside. The only two eye witnesses report Zimmerman on the bottom, screaming for help, and Martin on top. What exactly is a lack of cuts on the hand proving or disproving?

There's been talk that Trayvon "pummelled him" for an extended period of time. It's somewhere on this thread a ways back. I'm not talking about one punch. If Trayvon only hit him once, then his claims of self-defense are harder to justify.
 
IANAL, but self defense is somehow considered an "affirmative defense", which shifts that burden to the person making the claim. So if you admit to a killing, but claim self defense, then you have to prove it.
No it doesn't 'shift that burden *to* the defense'.

All 'affimative' means is that the person is agreeing that they performed the *act*... like pulling the trigger'.
It is not an admission of guilt to the crime, the defendant is still presumed innocent until the prosecution does their entire job, and the burden of proving guilt remains 100% with the prosecution..
 
There's been talk that Trayvon "pummelled him" for an extended period of time. It's somewhere on this thread a ways back. I'm not talking about one punch. If Trayvon only hit him once, then his claims of self-defense are harder to justify.

Everything I've read said that he hit GZ once and then whacked his head off the ground repeatedly.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom