• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does using the word "narrative" mean you call into question the ABC News reporting of what Zimmerman said?

The news article says that Zimmerman told police he followed and then confronted Trayvon.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/na...mmerman-account-20120326,0,2228143,full.story

Please locate his admission in this article.

The use of the word 'narrative' means I don't think abc news was quoting GZ. I think it's clear. So yes, I call into question that abc news was saying GZ admitted he confronted TM.

Again, I'll ask: where does GZ say that TM was suspicions because he had a hoodie on , as the article claimed ?
Again, I'll ask: any sources to corroborate that article ?
 
Last edited:
If you're willing to accept news stories as sources, this news story quotes "police records" with Zimmerman as weighing 250 lbs, anywhere between 90-110 lbs more than Martin, depending on the size quoted. If we go off the police report, that's a 90 pound difference between Zimmerman and Martin.

And? A thin yet muscled athlete could have an advantage over an overweight, unfit person. Especially if Zimmerman was in anyway winded from following.
 
Perhaps they are struggling over the gun when Martin gets shot?

That might mean Zimmerman may not even have pulled the gun at all. May have had no intention to use it. It might have gone off during the struggle.

One would then have to wonder why the police couldn't just release that info...
 
And? A thin yet muscled athlete could have an advantage over an overweight, unfit person. Especially if Zimmerman was in anyway winded from following.

I don't mean to imply anything regarding who could have overpowered whom or anything of that sort. I am merely taking issue with the idea of painting Martin as being an apparent, immense, and immediate physical threat in terms of size compared to Zimmerman.
 
Here is the transcript. Can you copy the parts that address the hilited claim ?

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

Try listening to the audio recording. Shortly after George says the suspect passes him, you can hear the sounds that indicate that George is running. The dispatcher heard them also and indicates to George that he shouldn't be chasing the suspect. This takes 15 seconds or less.

Now go find the map of the area that has been posted in this thread several times. Figure out how far George could have run from his truck before the dispatcher told hem not to. Compare this to where the body was found.
 
Does using the word "narrative" mean you call into question the ABC News reporting of what Zimmerman said?

The news article says that Zimmerman told police he followed and then confronted Trayvon.

The Sentinel says it has been told by police that Zimmerman says he was walking away from Martin when the teenager approached. They exchanged words, Zimmerman says. Martin hit him, Zimmerman told police. Zimmerman says he fell to the ground, Martin got on top of him, and that the teenager then (in the Sentinel's words) "began slamming his head into the sidewalk."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-martin-shooter-teenager-gun/story?id=16000239

Just FYI, the news has been a tad inconsistent in their reporting.
 
You asked a very leading question, and now you run away and pretend you didn't?

Whatever happened in this case, I'm certain that Zimmerman wasn't cruising for suspicious persons in his truck, saw Martin and, gun in hand, went tearing after him with the intent to shoot him dead for the crime of being a black person wearing a hoodie and carrying skittles.

This should be repeated. There's no evidence presented so far that Zimmerman was actually out looking for trouble.

But this does NOT mean his actions weren't reckless or foolish. They were. It comes back to the statement from the dispatch office, "We don't need you to do that."

In similar situations that I've been in, I'd simply pick up and go about my business, or create business to be on that took me from where I was. End of story. These people are the trained professionals: Leave it to them.
 
I don't mean to imply anything regarding who could have overpowered whom or anything of that sort. I am merely taking issue with the idea of painting Martin as being an apparent, immense, and immediate physical threat in terms of size compared to Zimmerman.

If Martin did not Zimmerman down and was above, he could very well have been intimidating.

For the record, I have no idea what actually happened, I just hope a thorough investigation is done. Unfortunately, I can foresee a scenario (as Wildcat pointed out) where both men were in fear for their safety.
 
cut and paste from a pseudonymous source already posted here about page #37. Not sure time and distance improve the credibility

I have never seen it before.

Credibility of what? This is just an internet forum. If you want factual data to go on, you are in for a long wait.

I personally don't think Martin tried to take the gun, but all we have are the reports we get.

Everything we have, save for the written reports, is debatable, I think.

We are always on thin ice when we speculate from what we read in the media.
 
I don't mean to imply anything regarding who could have overpowered whom or anything of that sort. I am merely taking issue with the idea of painting Martin as being an apparent, immense, and immediate physical threat in terms of size compared to Zimmerman.

None of that sounded like he was trying to paint Martin as immense and immediate physical threat. You don't have to be threatening to land a solid jab on the nose and that could stun a larger person long enough to set up a follow up hit or a take down move.
 
If Martin did not Zimmerman down and was above, he could very well have been intimidating.

For the record, I have no idea what actually happened, I just hope a thorough investigation is done. Unfortunately, I can foresee a scenario (as Wildcat pointed out) where both men were in fear for their safety.

This.
 
If you're willing to accept news stories as sources, this news story quotes "police records" with Zimmerman as weighing 250 lbs, anywhere between 90-110 lbs more than Martin, depending on the size quoted. If we go off the police report, that's a 90 pound difference between Zimmerman and Martin.
Show me someone who's 6 inches shorter than me and 100lbs heavier and I'll show you someone I'm pretty sure I can whip in a fight. That would make him 5'3" and 290lbs in my case. I think such a person would have trouble walking, let alone fighting. :p

At any rate, is it even in dispute at this point that Martin had the better of Zimmerman?
 
Well I don't think it's debatable since Zimmerman admits he followed and confronted Trayvon.
That's quite the use of the word "confronted" there.

I think following him, yelling "Stop" and approaching him all constitute the initiation of a confrontation. I think walking away, even running away is behavior consistent with trying to avoid a confrontation.
Did you just make that up?
 
Does using the word "narrative" mean you call into question the ABC News reporting of what Zimmerman said?

The news article says that Zimmerman told police he followed and then confronted Trayvon.
Did police tell the ABC reporter that, or did the ABC reporter insinuate that from the 911 call?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom