• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted the pronouns here are a little bit ambiguous, but I'd think if it meant that Martin confronted Zimmerman, the reporter would have reworded the sentence (since that runs contrary to what we'd expect from the story as given).

I think the article has just been updated. There seems to be a lot more complete information now.

Another tidbit that was added, when Zimmerman told the 911 dispatcher that he was following Martin, he was told, "We don't need you to do that."

OH **** REALLY ? :D

Joe, I'm sorry, but you are wayyy behind on the facts. I know this is a ridiculously paced thread, but still....
 
Odd that no one has bothered posting that here, unless speculation is now defined as fact now?

You're wrong. The girlfriend's account of the cell phone conversation has been cited in nearly every article on the case and has been mentioned here repeatedly.

Why do you suppose the police chief stepped down if not because he showed a bias in favor of Zimmerman by his statement early on?
 
A teenager beat a guy to the ground, and kept beating him until the guy shot him.

Sounds like self-defense to me.
Hey everyone, regarding the moments leading up to the shooting -- the murky events that we've been debating. Put a sock in it. Our speculation is no longer useful now that AvalonXQ has graced us with his/her definitive knowledge gained via remote viewing.
 
Joe, I'm sorry, but you are wayyy behind on the facts. I know this is a ridiculously paced thread, but still....
So what. . you don't think Zimmerman admitted to confronting Martin? (The part you said you missed.)

Read the ABC news article I just cited. It gives quite a bit more complete information than any article I've read yet.
 
In the phone call with the girlfriend, Martin doesn't initially have the hoodie up. He puts it up sometime during the incident.

No. She claims he took shelter form the rain under an awning, but when he noticed Zimmerman watching him, he decided to put his hood up and go on. [ETA: According to her, he then thought he lost Zimmerman--presumably still wearing the hoodie because it was raining--then wham, the confrontation, scuffle and shooting.]
 
Last edited:
Hey everyone, regarding the moments leading up to the shooting -- the murky events that we've been debating. Put a sock in it. Our speculation is no longer useful now that AvalonXQ has graced us with his/her definitive knowledge gained via remote viewing.

How did you know I could view remotely?!

... oh, yeah, that's how. Sorry I asked.

You really need a haircut, by the way. ;)
 
Forcible felony is rape. Forcible felony is ADW. Forcible felony is armed robbery. Are you seriously trying to drag that into this discussion?

Zimmerman's lawyer is. He claimed that Trayvon went after his (Zimmerman's) gun during the scuffle (or what I would call a fist fight). So it's that much more difficult for the prosecutor to knock down the self-defense claim given the SYG law.
 
So what. . you don't think Zimmerman admitted to confronting Martin? (The part you said you missed.)

Read the ABC news article I just cited. It gives quite a bit more complete information than any article I've read yet.

No, I don't at all. I think that was a reports poor chosen wording, and we have had numerous examples in this thread already of poor reporting with misinformation.

I think the phone call of the GF clearly indicates TM spoke first to GZ.

You can define confront differently, many people in the thread have.
 
Granted the pronouns here are a little bit ambiguous, but I'd think if it meant that Martin confronted Zimmerman, the reporter would have reworded the sentence (since that runs contrary to what we'd expect from the story as given).

I think the article has just been updated. There seems to be a lot more complete information now.

Another tidbit that was added, when Zimmerman told the 911 dispatcher that he was following Martin, he was told, "We don't need you to do that."

The first audio file on the Wikipedia article on Treyvon MartinWP is George's call to 911. The dispatcher noticed that George was running after the suspect rather quickly and told him to stop. George would not have reached where the shooting happened by then. If he had turned around and walked back to the truck, the shooting would never have happened. George clearly had other plans. He wasn't going to be at his truck by the mailboxes when the police arrived.
 
You're wrong. The girlfriend's account of the cell phone conversation has been cited in nearly every article on the case and has been mentioned here repeatedly.
How does the girl's account shed doubt on Zimmerman's?

Why do you suppose the police chief stepped down if not because he showed a bias in favor of Zimmerman by his statement early on?
To avoid any appearance of getting in the way of the investigation.
 
That's what I'm saying. Sounds like Zimmerman was already suspicious of Martin without the hood being up. That is, it wasn't the hood.

He then called her back at 6:54 p.m. and said he was walking with his hood up.

According to her audio testimony, she said Martin told her "I think this dude is following me," and slowed down to see who it was. She says she then told him to "be careful and just run home."

Unclear as to if he was being 'followed' prior to hood up or not. Since GZ didn't call until 7:09, maybe not.
 
Martin knew Zimmerman had a gun?
According to Zimmerman, Trayvon saw the gun during the scuffle (possibly because Zimmerman pulled it out? I don't know) and tried to grab it.

And he didn't call 911?
Trayvon was on the phone with his girlfriend still. According to her, the timing from the confrontation to scuffle was pretty instant, and he dropped the phone's headset immediately.

And he confronted him?
Zimmerman admits that he followed and confronted Trayvon.
 
The first audio file on the Wikipedia article on Treyvon MartinWP is George's call to 911. The dispatcher noticed that George was running after the suspect rather quickly and told him to stop. George would not have reached where the shooting happened by then. If he had turned around and walked back to the truck, the shooting would never have happened. George clearly had other plans. He wasn't going to be at his truck by the mailboxes when the police arrived.

Here is the transcript. Can you copy the parts that address the hilited claim ?

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html
 
That's what I'm saying. Sounds like Zimmerman was already suspicious of Martin without the hood being up. That is, it wasn't the hood.

OH I see. Well, it wasn't the hood being up, but it was, apparently, wearing a hoodie that he found suspicious. That and being black in that location and either carrying something or walking with his hand in the waist of his pants.
 
The first audio file on the Wikipedia article on Treyvon MartinWP is George's call to 911. The dispatcher noticed that George was running after the suspect rather quickly and told him to stop. George would not have reached where the shooting happened by then. If he had turned around and walked back to the truck, the shooting would never have happened. George clearly had other plans. He wasn't going to be at his truck by the mailboxes when the police arrived.
I hilited the parts you just made up.
 
Last edited:
OH I see. Well, it wasn't the hood being up, but it was, apparently, wearing a hoodie that he found suspicious. That and being black in that location and either carrying something or walking with his hand in the waist of his pants.

Or Zimmerman did not know the young man, but only knew that there had been burglaries in the neighborhood.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom