• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the chart, a 17 yr old that is 6 foot is in the 80th percentile for height and that same kid who weighs 145 pound is in the 25th percentile for weight. At 150 pounds he'd still be under the 50th percentile for weight. A mismatch like that says, "thin".
And yet Thomas Hearns won world boxing titles at 6'1 and 147lbs. And I'd take him over a fat 5'9" guy any day of the week.
 
Sharpton's actually become very good at channeling outrage into peaceful demonstrations, since he emphasizes non-violence pretty strongly.
And yet he managed to get some pretty good riots going in the 1990s against ethnic Koreans who had the gall to open businesses in black neighborhoods, resulting in several deaths.
 
And yet he managed to get some pretty good riots going in the 1990s against ethnic Koreans who had the gall to open businesses in black neighborhoods, resulting in several deaths.

He was never convicted so it totally doesn't count!!!1!
 
True.

You must be a young guy, and don't remember. I remember well, because back then I worked mostly in all-black neighborhoods while Rev. Al was whipping up hatred for any non-blacks (especially Koreans) who did business in black neighborhoods. It was a very tense time and while I was subjected to verbal assaults I never suffered a physical one.

Al Sharpton will always be scum in my book. Say what you will about Jesse Jackson and his opportunism and self-promotion, he at least never incited (in a non-legal sense) violence like Sharpton did.
 
From the HuffPo transcript:
Which one of the calls did I miss?

http://www.examiner.com/us-headline...eorge-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-911-call-video

I don't blame you for not knowing. I listened to about five different news story links to Zimmerman's call. Unfortunately they cut about two minutes out of the conversation. At about 3:30 he starts to give his address and says that he doesn't want to give it all out, "oh crap, I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is."
 
True.

You must be a young guy, and don't remember. I remember well, because back then I worked mostly in all-black neighborhoods while Rev. Al was whipping up hatred for any non-blacks (especially Koreans) who did business in black neighborhoods. It was a very tense time and while I was subjected to verbal assaults I never suffered a physical one.

Still false. Sharpton led a boycott of Korean grocery stores after a Korean grocer beat a black woman, and in this case there was a lot of anger about the incident, long before Sharpton did much of anything. Sharpton later led the invocation at a Korean grocer's group. But there were no deaths or injuries apart from the initial attack on a black woman.
 
A false representation of what?

Is the family under some compulsion to produce photos and documentation current to the minute? Hour? Week?

The 3 photos the media got hold of, including one in a hoodie, seem to indicate nothing except that the media got hold of 3 photos.

In context - skeptic ginger said:
The picture of Trayvon in the football picture calls him a junior in high school. He was 17 when killed. That pretty much suggests that picture is a current one and that is what he looked like

So according to SG, the three year old photo is used in a way that suggests it is a current photo. We know it's not, so am I curious if there is a reason for choosing that photo.

Sure, perhaps it's the only photo his parents could find for the media to use. But I have three kids, and I know I could find a picture more current than 3 years old for any of them.
 
Still false. Sharpton led a boycott of Korean grocery stores after a Korean grocer beat a black woman, and in this case there was a lot of anger about the incident, long before Sharpton did much of anything. Sharpton later led the invocation at a Korean grocer's group. But there were no deaths or injuries apart from the initial attack on a black woman.
Freddie's Fashion Mart. 7 people died after Sharpton ranted about "white interlopers".

The man is scum.
 
http://www.examiner.com/us-headline...eorge-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-911-call-video

I don't blame you for not knowing. I listened to about five different news story links to Zimmerman's call. Unfortunately they cut about two minutes out of the conversation. At about 3:30 he starts to give his address and says that he doesn't want to give it all out, "oh crap, I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is."

Here is a transcript:
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/326700-full-transcript-zimmerman.html

If they come in through the gate, tell them to go straight past the club house, and uh, straight past the club house and make a left, and then they go past the mailboxes, that's my truck...[unintelligible]

Dispatcher: What address are you parked in front of?

Zimmerman: I don't know, it's a cut through so I don't know the address.
Dispatcher: Okay do you live in the area?

Zimmerman: Yeah, I...[unintelligible] Dispatcher: What's your apartment number?

Zimmerman: It's a home it's 1950, oh crap I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is.
Dispatcher: Okay do you want to just meet with them right near the mailboxes then?

Zimmerman: Yeah that's fine.

Dispatcher: Alright George, I'll let them know to meet you around there okay?

Zimmerman: Actually could you have them call me and I'll tell them where I'm at?
 
In context - skeptic ginger said:


So according to SG, the three year old photo is used in a way that suggests it is a current photo. We know it's not, so am I curious if there is a reason for choosing that photo.

Sure, perhaps it's the only photo his parents could find for the media to use. But I have three kids, and I know I could find a picture more current than 3 years old for any of them.
Oh for pity's sake, are you still harping abut this?

WC pointed out the picture was Trayvon at 14 not 17 and the conversation moved on. Try to keep up.
 
Oh for pity's sake, are you still harping abut this?

WC pointed out the picture was Trayvon at 14 not 17 and the conversation moved on. Try to keep up.

Hmm. I would look to your own understanding of the events we are discussing before you worry about mine

*cough* Zimmerman: It's a home it's 1950, oh crap I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is.

:rolleyes:
 
http://www.examiner.com/us-headline...eorge-zimmerman-trayvon-martin-911-call-video

I don't blame you for not knowing. I listened to about five different news story links to Zimmerman's call. Unfortunately they cut about two minutes out of the conversation. At about 3:30 he starts to give his address and says that he doesn't want to give it all out, "oh crap, I don't want to give it all out, I don't know where this kid is."
Going from the transcript TheL8Elvis posted above it's hard to make sense of that given the location of the incident if Z was just waiting by his vehicle to meet with police and was attacked by Trayvon. If the kid was "running" it certainly doesn't sound like later he came back and attacked Z, that is unless Z pursued T after the call.

Z: He's running.

911: Which way is he running?

Z: Down toward the other entrance to the neighborhood
After this exchange comes the, "are you following him" comment.

I can't see any way to make that exchange match up with 'lost sight of T and was going back to his vehicle' when T supposedly returned to attack Z.

On the phone to the girlfriend she says she heard T ask Z why was Z following him, and within minutes T was dead. The only way that fits with Z's 911 call is if Z pursued T after hanging up with 911. Keep in mind the location of the shooting was on a sidewalk between rows of back facing condos on both sides, well away from where any vehicle could be parked.

Why would T run away only to come back and attack Z? Does that fit any logical senario at all?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom