• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trayvon Martin, Vigilante Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's in it for the SPD? I don't get it.

Well, for one, they save face for an apparent shoddy investigation from the start.

Secondly, Zimmerman is apparently training to become a police officer, and to protect someone like that, they drag their feet.

But, I am simply speculating. There could be plenty of reasons why SPD would tell an eyewitness what she heard......

Oh, wait, there is no reason.....
 
The fact that it is between two races doesn't make it a race issue, either.

Absolutely agree. Race shouldn't have anything to do with it.

In fact, a recent shooting death of a police officer here locally, the suspect was black, and there was not one mention of any kind of race issue.

It doesn't matter one damn bit. A kid is dead. For what? Nothing.
 
The longer I think about this case the more convinced I am that this incident should go to trial, if only to exonerate Zimmerman in case he indeed killed Martin in self defense.
Just like Casey Anthony was exonerated?

People don't get exonerated at a trial, they are either guilty or not guilty. There is no verdict of "innocent".
 
So where on that page, or anywhere, does Cutcher say what she actually saw?

My point was more about something else, which is that she has made herself a poor candidate for cross examination. She has said two things about her interactions with the investigating officers.

Her testimony to non-court officials is available if you look. It is mostly that her interpretation of teh yelling was that it was of a child pleading. I am not sure she saw anything.
 
Last edited:
This guy wasn't white.

Looks pretty white to me.

Not that it matters much, since the point of the racial angle is that the US has a long, and continuing, habit of shrugging off crimes committed against black people, particularly when the perpetrator is white, and it's laughable to just claim that this case has nothing to do with that history as if it happened on Mars.
 
My point was more about something else, which is that she has made herself a poor candidate for cross examination. She has said two things about her interactions with the investigating officers.

Her testimony to non-court officials is available if you look.
Does Cutcher at any point say she saw who was screaming for help? Or did she assume it was Martin after the fact because she only heard the screaming and didn't actually see it?
 
Just like Casey Anthony was exonerated?

People don't get exonerated at a trial, they are either guilty or not guilty. There is no verdict of "innocent".

That's an interesting comparison. I wonder why you would make that. For some reason I suspect a trial that involves a thorough look at the evidence is more likely to do him any good than not doing it. Because in the court of public opinion he is viewed as guilty by a lot of people.
 
It's just idle speculation but I can see a scenario where Martin does take the first swing at Zimmerman based on the assumption that the guy following him is out to mug him. Which at the same time enforces the belief of Zimmerman that the person he follows was up to no good while justifying his use of deadly force to defend himself.
That would be immensely tragic if true. This tragedy might be due to assumptions on both sides.
Well, I can follow that right up to the point where the police listen to the shooter's narrative, and say 'OK, you can go", and then the Sheriff tells the media that the 911 calls prove that the shooter stated that he didn't know if the victim was black or white... which is utterly debunked by the tapes they finally released.
 
Well, I can follow that right up to the point where the police listen to the shooter's narrative, and say 'OK, you can go", and then the Sheriff tells the media that the 911 calls prove that the shooter stated that he didn't know if the victim was black or white... which is utterly debunked by the tapes they finally released.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I could see the possibility where that is an attempt to get the race angle off that then backfires exactly because they tried it.
I just keep on mulling this other to get a sense of what happened but I am aware that I'm lacking critical information.

You'll probably laugh but looking at the picture of Zimmerman I couldn't tell whether he is hispanic or slavic. I have a friend with a Polish father that could be his brother. I admit I am blissfully unaware of such things unless it is hard to miss.
 
<snip>

But aside from his immediate loud protestations of "Self defense!" to his neighbors, this guy hasn't said a single word.

<snip>

Is this true?

What do you mean by "immediate".

Was it within seconds of the shooting, or merely within minutes of the shooting?
 
I'm not sure what you mean by that. I could see the possibility where that is an attempt to get the race angle off that then backfires exactly because they tried it.
I just keep on mulling this other to get a sense of what happened but I am aware that I'm lacking critical information.

You'll probably laugh but looking at the picture of Zimmerman I couldn't tell whether he is hispanic or slavic. I have a friend with a Polish father that could be his brother. I admit I am blissfully unaware of such things unless it is hard to miss.
No idea of his heritage, a lot of Mexico was populated by German immigrants, so names like Ronstadt and Zimmerman and Fochs aren't that uncommon.

No idea if race played a significant part or if it didn't. It just seems odd that the Sheriff would pull such a move.
 
Is this true?

What do you mean by "immediate".

Was it within seconds of the shooting, or merely within minutes of the shooting?
Didn't the media reports say he was standing over the victim saying 'It was self defense' or something like that?

The thing that makes what he said less useful is that a person who had been through a CCW class and who had a few CJ courses under their belt could very likely have learned that 'It was self defense, I was in imminent fear of death or great bodily harm' would be a good thing to say should they ever be involved in a shooting.

Which means that someone in the right might say exactly the same thing as someone in the wrong.
 
Last edited:
Does Cutcher at any point say she saw who was screaming for help? Or did she assume it was Martin after the fact because she only heard the screaming and didn't actually see it?

She assumes as far as I can tell...now other stories have the parents of Trayvon stating his voice being the one yelling for help in the background of the 911 call
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom