Caper
Philosopher
- Joined
- Jun 18, 2007
- Messages
- 5,745
Psst! Psst!
Being Hispanic doesn't mean you aren't white.
This guy wasn't white.
Psst! Psst!
Being Hispanic doesn't mean you aren't white.
This guy wasn't white.
That doesn't automatically mean that he was free from bias. He can be Hispanic and still be racist.
What's in it for the SPD? I don't get it.
That doesn't automatically mean that he was free from bias. He can be Hispanic and still be racist.
That doesn't automatically mean that he was free from bias. He can be Hispanic and still be racist.
The fact that it is between two races doesn't make it a race issue, either.
So where on that page, or anywhere, does Cutcher say what she actually saw?
Just like Casey Anthony was exonerated?The longer I think about this case the more convinced I am that this incident should go to trial, if only to exonerate Zimmerman in case he indeed killed Martin in self defense.
So where on that page, or anywhere, does Cutcher say what she actually saw?
This guy wasn't white.
Does Cutcher at any point say she saw who was screaming for help? Or did she assume it was Martin after the fact because she only heard the screaming and didn't actually see it?My point was more about something else, which is that she has made herself a poor candidate for cross examination. She has said two things about her interactions with the investigating officers.
Her testimony to non-court officials is available if you look.
Just like Casey Anthony was exonerated?
People don't get exonerated at a trial, they are either guilty or not guilty. There is no verdict of "innocent".
Looks pretty white to me
Well, I can follow that right up to the point where the police listen to the shooter's narrative, and say 'OK, you can go", and then the Sheriff tells the media that the 911 calls prove that the shooter stated that he didn't know if the victim was black or white... which is utterly debunked by the tapes they finally released.It's just idle speculation but I can see a scenario where Martin does take the first swing at Zimmerman based on the assumption that the guy following him is out to mug him. Which at the same time enforces the belief of Zimmerman that the person he follows was up to no good while justifying his use of deadly force to defend himself.
That would be immensely tragic if true. This tragedy might be due to assumptions on both sides.
Well, I can follow that right up to the point where the police listen to the shooter's narrative, and say 'OK, you can go", and then the Sheriff tells the media that the 911 calls prove that the shooter stated that he didn't know if the victim was black or white... which is utterly debunked by the tapes they finally released.
<snip>
But aside from his immediate loud protestations of "Self defense!" to his neighbors, this guy hasn't said a single word.
<snip>
No idea of his heritage, a lot of Mexico was populated by German immigrants, so names like Ronstadt and Zimmerman and Fochs aren't that uncommon.I'm not sure what you mean by that. I could see the possibility where that is an attempt to get the race angle off that then backfires exactly because they tried it.
I just keep on mulling this other to get a sense of what happened but I am aware that I'm lacking critical information.
You'll probably laugh but looking at the picture of Zimmerman I couldn't tell whether he is hispanic or slavic. I have a friend with a Polish father that could be his brother. I admit I am blissfully unaware of such things unless it is hard to miss.
Didn't the media reports say he was standing over the victim saying 'It was self defense' or something like that?Is this true?
What do you mean by "immediate".
Was it within seconds of the shooting, or merely within minutes of the shooting?
Does Cutcher at any point say she saw who was screaming for help? Or did she assume it was Martin after the fact because she only heard the screaming and didn't actually see it?