DeathDart
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Jun 23, 2011
- Messages
- 1,251
Thanks for making me look at the maps closer.
Both maps are a bit squirrelly.
The angle of the lighting works well except where I want to look.
Instead of clean coloration it seems blurred like a stereoscopic image slightly offset.
And I found some other things about the new image.
Tom Hildenbrand USGS
T. Hildenbrand began revising the gravity maps in 2002 and here it is 2012 and all I can access (since I don't have any of the special programs that can use the datasets), is a GIF image which I can't even enlarge.
http://research.utep.edu/Portals/73/PDF/Grav.WS_OFR.pdf
Rationale and Operational Plan
to Upgrade the U.S Gravity Database
by Thomas G. Hildenbrand1, Allen Briesacher2, Guy Flanagan3, William J. Hinze4,
A.M. Hittelman5, G.R. Keller6, R.P. Kucks7, Donald Plouff1, Walter Roest8,
John Seeley6, D.A. Smith9, and Mike Webring7
Open-File Report 02-463
2002
1USGS
Mr Hildenbrand appears as references on following pages of CEUS SSC Appendix C
C-48, C-52, C-67, C-68, C-69, C-70, C-77, C-78, C-81, C-116, C-117, C-122, C-124, C-126 4X, C-142
He must have a very good pedigree.
I wonder if I can have him increase the contrast and pull the impact structure out of the background in his next revision?
This is the best I can do.
Both maps are a bit squirrelly.
The angle of the lighting works well except where I want to look.
Instead of clean coloration it seems blurred like a stereoscopic image slightly offset.
And I found some other things about the new image.
Tom Hildenbrand USGS
T. Hildenbrand began revising the gravity maps in 2002 and here it is 2012 and all I can access (since I don't have any of the special programs that can use the datasets), is a GIF image which I can't even enlarge.
http://research.utep.edu/Portals/73/PDF/Grav.WS_OFR.pdf
Rationale and Operational Plan
to Upgrade the U.S Gravity Database
by Thomas G. Hildenbrand1, Allen Briesacher2, Guy Flanagan3, William J. Hinze4,
A.M. Hittelman5, G.R. Keller6, R.P. Kucks7, Donald Plouff1, Walter Roest8,
John Seeley6, D.A. Smith9, and Mike Webring7
Open-File Report 02-463
2002
1USGS
Mr Hildenbrand appears as references on following pages of CEUS SSC Appendix C
C-48, C-52, C-67, C-68, C-69, C-70, C-77, C-78, C-81, C-116, C-117, C-122, C-124, C-126 4X, C-142
He must have a very good pedigree.
I wonder if I can have him increase the contrast and pull the impact structure out of the background in his next revision?
This is the best I can do.