• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Smoking should be banned universally

By that logic, driving a car is indirect delayed murder as well.

Oh, so is serving fatty foods.

Yes, but I have posted about the evils of driving while yapping and texting and advocated fatty as well as hippy internment camps.
 
YOU made the claim that smoking is a burden to healthcare systems. If money isn't relevant, then you shouldn't have raised that argument in your OP.

No you have it all wrong;

Money as in your willingness to profit off of others' misery

Not that it's for tar filled zombies to drain healthcare funds better used elsewhere.

Not the same at all.
 
i know very few gay guys in my area.
however, i literally know hundreds of pot smokers in our area.
i would safely say that about half of people 15-55 in alberta smoke pot, or at least have smoked , or occasionally accept a toke.

Sounds like Montana.
 
No you have it all wrong;

Money as in your willingness to profit off of others' misery

Not that it's for tar filled zombies to drain healthcare funds better used elsewhere.

Not the same at all.

But smokers contribute more to the economy than old people!
 
As has apparently been noted, marijuana is essentially illegal and yet in wide use all over the country and fuels a multi-billion dollar underground economy. This despite decades-long efforts to eliminate it.
Declaring tobacco illegal would, I predict, be as good news to many of the same sorts of folks that greeted Prohibition as an entrepreneurial opportunity of unprecedented scale....

Then again, if we are unable to fix the "real" economy....
Some pundits have referred to the drug trade as the last bastion of free markets.
 
As has apparently been noted, marijuana is essentially illegal and yet in wide use all over the country and fuels a multi-billion dollar underground economy. This despite decades-long efforts to eliminate it.
Declaring tobacco illegal would, I predict, be as good news to many of the same sorts of folks that greeted Prohibition as an entrepreneurial opportunity of unprecedented scale....

Then again, if we are unable to fix the "real" economy....
Some pundits have referred to the drug trade as the last bastion of free markets.

Thats Hippy talk! You should probably refer to the thread about Hippy Internment camps at this point.
 
Nope, just funding Phillip Morris, they don't count.
They pay duty on cigarettes and buy all the paraphenalia that goes with smoking such as lighters, matches, ashtrays, Fabreze, breath mints, condoms (smokers are waaay sexier,) etc. that keep small business going in the US and throughout the world!
 
They pay duty on cigarettes and buy all the paraphenalia that goes with smoking such as lighters, matches, ashtrays, Fabreze, breath mints, condoms (smokers are waaay sexier,) etc. that keep small business going in the US and throughout the world!

All fronts for the menace that is Philip Morris. Re Education is obviously needed.
 
My .02

I started smoking in college, and was up to a pack a day by 21. Quit when I was in my mid 20s. I started up again a few years later and quickly got to a pack a day again. About 4 years ago, in my mid 30s, I quit again.

Personally, I can't stand the smell anymore. I hate leaving a store or office buidling and walking through that cloud of smokers on their break by the exit. And where I didn't mind dating a smoker years ago, it's now something I avoid.

All of that being said, I am firmly against banning smoking. Furthermore, I think that I should have the right to allow people to smoke within my property - whether it is my home or my business. If I want to open a restaurant that allows people to smoke, patrons and employees would all have a choice to work/eat there or not.
 
My .02

I started smoking in college, and was up to a pack a day by 21. Quit when I was in my mid 20s. I started up again a few years later and quickly got to a pack a day again. About 4 years ago, in my mid 30s, I quit again.

Personally, I can't stand the smell anymore. I hate leaving a store or office buidling and walking through that cloud of smokers on their break by the exit. And where I didn't mind dating a smoker years ago, it's now something I avoid.

All of that being said, I am firmly against banning smoking. Furthermore, I think that I should have the right to allow people to smoke within my property - whether it is my home or my business. If I want to open a restaurant that allows people to smoke, patrons and employees would all have a choice to work/eat there or not.

Smoking is neither a right or privledge, it is a disease
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom