mikeyx
Banned
- Joined
- Oct 29, 2007
- Messages
- 3,568
What are we supposed to do after sex if smoking was banned?
eat carrots
What are we supposed to do after sex if smoking was banned?
Mikeyx is just trolling for conflict. He does this sort of thing quite frequently.
By that logic, driving a car is indirect delayed murder as well.
Oh, so is serving fatty foods.
eat carrots
so you put money ahead of people dying, then?
Is that a euphemism? My bad, I didn't know you were gay.
YOU made the claim that smoking is a burden to healthcare systems. If money isn't relevant, then you shouldn't have raised that argument in your OP.
i know very few gay guys in my area.
however, i literally know hundreds of pot smokers in our area.
i would safely say that about half of people 15-55 in alberta smoke pot, or at least have smoked , or occasionally accept a toke.
No you have it all wrong;
Money as in your willingness to profit off of others' misery
Not that it's for tar filled zombies to drain healthcare funds better used elsewhere.
Not the same at all.
But smokers contribute more to the economy than old people!
As has apparently been noted, marijuana is essentially illegal and yet in wide use all over the country and fuels a multi-billion dollar underground economy. This despite decades-long efforts to eliminate it.
Declaring tobacco illegal would, I predict, be as good news to many of the same sorts of folks that greeted Prohibition as an entrepreneurial opportunity of unprecedented scale....
Then again, if we are unable to fix the "real" economy....
Some pundits have referred to the drug trade as the last bastion of free markets.
They pay duty on cigarettes and buy all the paraphenalia that goes with smoking such as lighters, matches, ashtrays, Fabreze, breath mints, condoms (smokers are waaay sexier,) etc. that keep small business going in the US and throughout the world!Nope, just funding Phillip Morris, they don't count.
They pay duty on cigarettes and buy all the paraphenalia that goes with smoking such as lighters, matches, ashtrays, Fabreze, breath mints, condoms (smokers are waaay sexier,) etc. that keep small business going in the US and throughout the world!
Mikeyx is just trolling for conflict. He does this sort of thing quite frequently.
No I don't, only a smoker would say that.
Education never din't work fust time, dunno why doing it again would take. Innit?All fronts for the menace that is Philip Morris. Re Education is obviously needed.
My .02
I started smoking in college, and was up to a pack a day by 21. Quit when I was in my mid 20s. I started up again a few years later and quickly got to a pack a day again. About 4 years ago, in my mid 30s, I quit again.
Personally, I can't stand the smell anymore. I hate leaving a store or office buidling and walking through that cloud of smokers on their break by the exit. And where I didn't mind dating a smoker years ago, it's now something I avoid.
All of that being said, I am firmly against banning smoking. Furthermore, I think that I should have the right to allow people to smoke within my property - whether it is my home or my business. If I want to open a restaurant that allows people to smoke, patrons and employees would all have a choice to work/eat there or not.
I don't pay taxes to allow other people to smoke! They're my cigarettes! MINE!Smoking is neither a right or privledge, it is a disease
I don't pay taxes to allow other people to smoke! They're my cigarettes! MINE!