• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Atlanta Klansman not as clever as he thought

Pesky thing called the 8th Amendment surely wouldn't allow it. So if prisoners want to give child rapists extra punishment, LOL.

Or anyone else they see fit to "give extra punishment" to. Which is not exactly limited to the set of all people you find most morally reprehensible.
 
Or anyone else they see fit to "give extra punishment" to. Which is not exactly limited to the set of all people you find most morally reprehensible.

The ones I would laugh at are limited to people like child rapists.

If I could stop people who are undeserving of prison rape from being raped, I would, even if it meant also stopping the ones who deserve it from getting raped. But I can't. So might as well laugh at the funny ones.
 
At any rate, I find it distasteful that I am called a "bad person" for my opinion.

How about just saying you don't agree with me.

The two are separate.

Yes, I disagree with you.

I also think the thing we disagree over makes you a bad person.

You find that distasteful?

Distasteful?

On a scale from 1 to 10, where the most acceptable rape anyone could ever conceive of rates as a 5 in distastefulness - just how bad is it being called a bad person?
 
I'll admit to actually having found an innocent person's death funny, due to circumstances and irony.

Maybe I am a bad person.

I also found the suicide of a friend to be both disgusting and amusing.
Disgusting: Because he killed himself in a way that would cause massive emotional trauma in his family.
Amusing: Because he botched it so bad, he caused himself needless suffering before he died.
 
The two are separate.

Yes, I disagree with you.

I also think the thing we disagree over makes you a bad person.

You find that distasteful?

Distasteful?

On a scale from 1 to 10, where the most acceptable rape anyone could ever conceive of rates as a 5 in distastefulness - just how bad is it being called a bad person?

So, who decides the criteria that makes a person bad?
Maybe it is just your opinion that I am bad.

I know that I am the one who decides what I find funny.
 
I guess, in my case, you're right.

I find it acceptable if child rapist is raped. I wouldn't go as far as saying he should be raped, just that I'd find it acceptable if it happened.

Okay, let's logically extend that. If someone lodges a complaint of rape with the local police, would you support a policy of investigation of the life of the person reporting the crime in order to determine whether there are any circumstances in it which would have made the rape acceptable? We certainly should not be convicting and imprisoning individuals for acceptable behavior, wouldn't you agree?

You know, now that I think about it more, it might even be acceptable to me if a judge sentenced a child rapist to be raped. Probably more acceptable than a judge sentencing a killer to be executed.

I don't think it will ever happen, nor do I think someone should get to rape him. Maybe it could be done mechanically.

I wonder if you would be pleased with the justice system in tribal Afghanistan.
 
Doesn't that depends on what the child has done? I mean, rape is funny if the victim is evil enough right?

If you feel sickened by reading that, perhaps you can empathise with my view of your posts in this thread.

Well, sure. If the child is an adult raping children.

Children are innocent.

So how do we all stand on a 13yr old child who rapes 7yo girls, gets a custodial sentence and is raped by a 15yr old child?

Which of them are innocent, Noah?
 
Which of them are innocent, Noah?

.....

Take a stab in the dark.


I'm sorry I forgot to preface that statement with "Virtually every child that themselves have not commited this crime"
 
Last edited:
Okay, let's logically extend that. If someone lodges a complaint of rape with the local police, would you support a policy of investigation of the life of the person reporting the crime in order to determine whether there are any circumstances in it which would have made the rape acceptable? We certainly should not be convicting and imprisoning individuals for acceptable behavior, wouldn't you agree?

That would be illegal rape. I think the perpetrator should be punished for rape, though I would still find it acceptable if a child rapist was raped.
If he was sentenced to be raped, then I don't think a person should be allowed to commit the rape. I don't find it acceptable to rape someone, but I find it acceptable if a child rapist were raped. A tiny distinction. I don't accept the rape itself, but I accept the suffering of the child rapist.



I wonder if you would be pleased with the justice system in tribal Afghanistan.

Not sure what their justice system is like, but if they punish people who have committed child rape, I find that acceptable.
 
So how do we all stand on a 13yr old child who rapes 7yo girls, gets a custodial sentence and is raped by a 15yr old child?

Which of them are innocent, Noah?

You didn't address me, but you used my comment.

I'm not sure how I feel about a child raping another child. That is pretty tough. But I've made my stance clear on adults raping a child.
 
Not sure what their justice system is like, but if they punish people who have committed child rape, I find that acceptable.

I'm pretty sure the child is punished severely. Death? I'll have to double check.

It's apparently pretty close to what we've been suggesting.

:crazy:
 
I wonder if you would be pleased with the justice system in tribal Afghanistan.

Having researched it a bit, I am not pleased with the justice system in Afghanistan in regards to child rape. It can be gotten away with by simply paying bribes. I couldn't find information on the tribal justice system, though. Just one person who said if the Taliban were still here, the child rapists would already be dead.
 
Guess I'm a bad person too. Because I lose no sleep over bad things happening to pedophiles. After they have been convicted by the state every second they're allowed to continue breathing is a kindness they don't deserve.

If that does make me a bad person I guess I'll just live with that because I really don't see myself changing my position on that one. Unless you can prove they are in fact completely innocent or that we're talking about a 17 year old girl and a 19 year old boy. I'm sure we all agree that's a grey area at the very least.
 
No matter how much you attack the character of the victim, a rape victim is still a rape victim.

Indeed.

HOWEVER

IF

That rape 'victim' is in prison because he raped a child, a member of his family(!), then I reserve the right to think it's funny, due to the irony of it. In this case, even more so because he's a toothless KKK moron.


anywho - that'll do it for me. Thanks for the lively conversation!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom