• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Atlanta Klansman not as clever as he thought

I understand - different strokes for different folks. This is a very touchy subject, and one that is prone to emotion. We all have different views on a great many topics. This is but one of them. That doesn't make you wrong, or me right, or vice-versa.

God willing, one day we won't have to have this discussion because evil like this wouldn't exist.

With all due respect, you've been appealing to emotion quite a bit in this discussion (these are just from your last 10 posts or so):

Sure it's different, but a child rapist is the lowest of the low. Pure Evil would be an improvement. They are a blight on society, and quite frankly should be put down instead of using my hard earned tax dollars to support. Whatever becomes of them, CHILD RAPISTS, is fine by me. And the irony is funny, IMO.

This does not make me a bad person. Not by a longshot.

You're 100% right.

What I really find sort of fascinating is other's ability to call this trash "human".

Dengrating and mistreating an evil child-rapist, racist piece of trash HARMS society?

Oh dear LORD.

Yes.

This is where the grey area comes into play.

See - if you're a child rapist, I just don't care one bit what happens to you. This includes anything that can be conjured up by the mind of man. If pocket-holding and a little cell lovin' comes to him, so be it.

ANY OTHER CASE OF ANY OTHER TYPE OF RAPE?

No.

Not really, the opinion may be bad to others, but I think a person should be judged on what they do. Say, a hateful KKK member who also diddles little children. That would make that person pretty bad, no?

My stance is, I think, not an emotional one. I'm almost definitely guilty of moral absolutism, sure, but realistically, my appeal isn't an emotional one. I feel that there is no reason rape would be acceptable under any circumstances. My secondary position is that considering something funny is accepting it by proxy. For example, I'm sure you're not a racist, but if you were to laugh at a racist joke, would you not be condoning racism by proxy?

I understand your genesis for humor in this. The perpetrator is a racist jerk. I just don't think that this makes it an acceptable thing for him to be raped.

ETA: I just realized that you see the cause of this discussion to be the moral failings of the perpetrator. I'm sorry, but you're messing with causality here. Being evil isn't the cause of him being at risk for rape. It put him in an environment where rape is an accepted part of the atmosphere, so I can see where you're coming from in that sort of sense, but I fail to see why "if people weren't evil, then they wouldn't be raped in prison" is a logical causal relationship whereas "if prison rape weren't a widely accepted practice, then people wouldn't be raped in prison" is not.
 
Last edited:
I feel that there is no reason rape would be acceptable under any circumstances. My secondary position is that considering something funny is accepting it by proxy.

I guess, in my case, you're right.

I find it acceptable if child rapist is raped. I wouldn't go as far as saying he should be raped, just that I'd find it acceptable if it happened.
 
I guess, in my case, you're right.

I find it acceptable if child rapist is raped. I wouldn't go as far as saying he should be raped, just that I'd find it acceptable if it happened.

That much is already clear from finding it funny. If you found it unacceptable, then you wouldn't find it funny. That's why I've been grandstanding against it for the past two pages!
 
That much is already clear from finding it funny. If you found it unacceptable, then you wouldn't find it funny. That's why I've been grandstanding against it for the past two pages!

What? You state an opinion, I agree with it, now you're saying it's so obvious it doesn't bear mentioning?
 
What? You state an opinion, I agree with it, now you're saying it's so obvious it doesn't bear mentioning?

No, no. I just realized how that came off, and I'm sorry for it. I'm glad you agree with me on that, especially since a common stance is "I don't think rape is acceptable, but this is funny" with people failing to make the connection that they are finding an exception where rape is acceptable to them. I meant that I already got that you found it acceptable in that circumstance and was glad you were agreeing with me that you do. I felt like we had made progress in the discussion, and the way I put it made me come off like an idiot. Sorry, mate.
 
You know, now that I think about it more, it might even be acceptable to me if a judge sentenced a child rapist to be raped. Probably more acceptable than a judge sentencing a killer to be executed.

I don't think it will ever happen, nor do I think someone should get to rape him. Maybe it could be done mechanically.
 
I guess I can handle it if people think I'm a bad person for enjoying a child rapist get what they gave.

I've also had people think I'm a bad person because I expect them to clean up their dog poop.

ETA: Literally, they called me a "bad person".

do you think the two things are comparable
 
No, no. I just realized how that came off, and I'm sorry for it. I'm glad you agree with me on that, especially since a common stance is "I don't think rape is acceptable, but this is funny" with people failing to make the connection that they are finding an exception where rape is acceptable to them. I meant that I already got that you found it acceptable in that circumstance and was glad you were agreeing with me that you do. I felt like we had made progress in the discussion, and the way I put it made me come off like an idiot. Sorry, mate.

No problem. Sorry I misunderstood.
 
You know, now that I think about it more, it might even be acceptable to me if a judge sentenced a child rapist to be raped. Probably more acceptable than a judge sentencing a killer to be executed.

I don't think it will ever happen, nor do I think someone should get to rape him. Maybe it could be done mechanically.

I believe what you've just described is known as "torture"
 
do you think the two things are comparable

If I am called a bad person in two different situations, then I think it is comparable in that I was called a bad person in two different situations.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't put much stock in some people's opinion of me.
 
I'm with Lamuella. The US Constitution protects all Americans, even criminals, against cruel and unusual punishment. The man under discussion has been sentenced to confinement to a prison cell for up to 20 years for his crime -- that is the extent of his punishment, delivered by the lawful justice system which the Constitution establishes. He has not been sentenced to receiving the same crime which landed him there -- namely, rape -- a crime we can all agree is loathsome, and which violates human rights.

Lamuella's first post on the matter, quoted below, says all that needs to be said IMO:

It only protects them from punishment dished out by the state. If some giant black guy decides he wants to give him extra punishment, it is not unconstitutional. Illegal, sure. But also hilarious.
 
I think child rape could also be considered torture. Perhaps a worse kind of torture.

I'd rather not get into a secondary argument on this point, but I will say that it's refreshing to see someone at least agree that if society feels that rape is acceptable for certain people, then they should be sentenced to it.
 
If I am called a bad person in two different situations, then I think it is comparable in that I was called a bad person in two different situations.

for drastically different reasons. Surely you recognize the difference between someone disapproving of you because they're aghast by an opinion you hold and someone disapproving of you because you noticed something they should be doing but weren't. You may not have intended to suggest that people who disagree with you on this matter are comparable to people whose dogs foul the pavement, but it was fairly implicit in your statement.
 
I think child rape could also be considered torture. Perhaps a worse kind of torture.

Can we just take it as read that nobody in this thread is saying that child rape is anything other than entirely abhorrent?
 
I'd rather not get into a secondary argument on this point, but I will say that it's refreshing to see someone at least agree that if society feels that rape is acceptable for certain people, then they should be sentenced to it.

Pesky thing called the 8th Amendment surely wouldn't allow it. So if prisoners want to give child rapists extra punishment, LOL.
 
for drastically different reasons. Surely you recognize the difference between someone disapproving of you because they're aghast by an opinion you hold and someone disapproving of you because you noticed something they should be doing but weren't. You may not have intended to suggest that people who disagree with you on this matter are comparable to people whose dogs foul the pavement, but it was fairly implicit in your statement.

I said:
What I'm trying to say is, I don't put much stock in some people's opinion of me.

I think it is "implicit" that I don't put much stock in some people's opinion of me.
 
At any rate, I find it distasteful that I am called a "bad person" for my opinion.

How about just saying you don't agree with me.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom