• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Atlanta Klansman not as clever as he thought

Campaign for prison reform? what?! How's this for prison reform....DON'T BREAK THE LAW!!!



There are about 14,552 things more important to me than that.
 
Campaign for prison reform? what?! How's this for prison reform....DON'T BREAK THE LAW!!!



There are about 14,552 things more important to me than that.

oh, okay, so it's not that you don't know what you can do to stop things like this happening, it's just that you don't care. Somehow my opinion of you just dropped even lower.
 
Campaign for prison reform? what?! How's this for prison reform....DON'T BREAK THE LAW!!!



There are about 14,552 things more important to me than that.

Only 14, 522? I could count all week and never run out of things more important to me. (My father was a corrections officer at a max security prison)
 
There is literally never justification for rape in any circumstances and it's shameful to watch you jump through hoops to make it seem like it's okay. No, "but he was a bad person! It's IRONIC!" isn't a good justification.

ETA: I'm pretty sure there's about a billion words and links that me and (I'm fairly certain) I am the Scum could put in this thread to support this position, but I'm not sure there's a point to it, since there's a common theme with people who support prison rape that prison is all about punishment and should be as hellish and brutal a place as possible. I'm not really sure that showing how hellish and brutal a place prison is would do much to change their minds.
 
Last edited:
I thought I made that clear. If you rape a child, a FAMILY member even - you deserve whatever happens to you.

Doesn't that depends on what the child has done? I mean, rape is funny if the victim is evil enough right?

If you feel sickened by reading that, perhaps you can empathise with my view of your posts in this thread.
 
Short of putting every prisoner into isolation, I'm not sure how interactions between a large number of prisoners (considering most prisons have more prisoners than guards) could be controlled.
 
not in my perfect world, but that's a different subject.

Just what would happen in your perfect world to a piece of trash like this? You want to hold his hand and council him into a better life? HA! Please.

I am a very patient and loving person. I love children, animals and the environment. I recycle, volunteer, and help my friends and family with whatever they need, without question.


I have ONE topic that I have ZERO tolerance for. Take a wild stab in the dark what it is.
 
I never cease to be amazed at the depravity of people.

I cannot imagine any circumstance in which the rape of another human being is acceptable. But to find JOY in the act? Would you like to watch it on TV?

Just . . . wow.
 
Yes, absolutely he does.

Every person that we as a society choose to force in a confined space, needs to be protected from violent assault and other harm in that space.

Prisons need to be safe; when they're not, we've failed an obligation we have as a society.

When we come to accept as a culture that they are not safe, to the point where being illegally assaulted and harmed in prison is seen as part of the punishment, we have lost a fair bit of our moral compass as a society.

I agree with every part of this post except the part about the guy deserving better.

Does he deserve better? Hell no. Is it a good idea for our society to tolerate, even encourage sexual assault in prison? No.

Just because someone deserves something doesn't mean we should give it to them.
 
Short of putting every prisoner into isolation, I'm not sure how interactions between a large number of prisoners (considering most prisons have more prisoners than guards) could be controlled.

It's not "interactions" we're trying to stop, it's rape.
Properly investigating and prosecuting rape regardless of where it took place would be a start. Of course there is neither the appetite nor the funding to do this as prison rape is seen as different from "serious" rape. Which is why it is not counted in the official rape stats, and why people feel comfortable laughing about it.
 
Short of putting every prisoner into isolation, I'm not sure how interactions between a large number of prisoners (considering most prisons have more prisoners than guards) could be controlled.

well, control is a spectrum it's not a binary setting of perfect chaos or perfect order. There are things you could do to prevent or reduce the chances of such assaults happening. Chief among these things is to stop correctional officers turning a blind eye, as they reportedly do in many cases.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom