• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Atlanta Klansman not as clever as he thought

Just what would happen in your perfect world to a piece of trash like this? You want to hold his hand and council him into a better life? HA! Please.

False dilemma. The choice isn't kill him or let him go.

If I were being facetious, my answer to your question would be that in my perfect world rape doesn't happen. As I'm not that facetious, I'll say that he should be kept away from society until at least such a time as he presents no further danger, preferably for life.

I have ONE topic that I have ZERO tolerance for. Take a wild stab in the dark what it is.

critical thinking?
 
Is there some sort of chemical blockage in your brain that prevents you from understanding the concept of "specifics"?

OK, you find the right kind of rape funny, if the victim was asking for it? Is that better?
 
Well, it's clearly not rape. You find that funny.

I, for one, do not find raping a child funny. I do, however, find that a person who rapes children being raped in return funny.

I still do not see anyone calling for the guy to be raped. We just find it satisfying to think he might get back what he gave.

I find myself unable to defend a person like this.
 
They're not saying there is a justification. Got a fix for it? No?

I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree. The following quote (bolding mine) is explicitly a justification for not being repulsed by prison rape, and is actually a common one at that.

Prison rape isn't generally funny, but if it happens to a child rapist, then yea it's funny.
If it happens to a person whose crime was stealing candy bars, not so much.

What the problem is is that the topic is almost exclusively brought up for the most heinous of criminals. People enjoy thinking about evil people getting their comeuppance, however brutal it may be. What they fail to consider, though, is that it doesn't exclusively happen to horrible people. That guy stealing candy bars (or that kid who got caught with a small amount of marijuana) is at great and constant risk of experiencing prison rape.

But this is never thought of or discussed in the public eye. The concept is firmly entrenched in the usual discourse that criminals are Bad People, they deserve to be there. The guy stealing candy bars is all of a sudden morally equivalent in a rape apologist's eyes to a serial murderer. They're all criminals. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. In this way, the positively awful conditions and environments that prisoners faced are ignored or even encouraged. Any politician that dares address the issue is labeled soft on crime, and the process continues.

I think Avalon (it may have been someone else, but I believe it was Avalon) put it best when he said "if you believe rape is a fitting part of their punishment then include it in their sentence, otherwise it is unacceptable."
 
They're connected to this case?

You made an absolute statement, perhaps you should have focussed on specifics?

This ting about working out when rape is funny is pretty tricky it seems.
I'm glad that I don't have to try and just find it all stomach turning.
 
I, for one, do not find raping a child funny. I do, however, find that a person who rapes children being raped in return funny.

I still do not see anyone calling for the guy to be raped. We just find it satisfying to think he might get back what he gave.

I find myself unable to defend a person like this.

do you find yourself able to defend his hypothetical rapist?

EDIT: let's not forget that the instrument of this poetic justice that you all seem to find so funny is themselves a rapist.
 
Last edited:
What the problem is is that the topic is almost exclusively brought up for the most heinous of criminals. People enjoy thinking about evil people getting their comeuppance, however brutal it may be. What they fail to consider, though, is that it doesn't exclusively happen to horrible people. That guy stealing candy bars (or that kid who got caught with a small amount of marijuana) is at great and constant risk of experiencing prison rape.

You're exactly right. This is why I'm referring only to this specific case (or any identical ones)
 
I'm of the opinion that all violent interactions should be stopped, not just sexual ones.

This is perfectly acceptable and admirable. I don't think most of the people decrying prison rape would disagree. Prison violence is just as big of an issue as prison rape, if not bigger, it's simply that prison rape was the topic that was immediately focused on. It's unsurprising that this is the case, though, since almost any mention of prison in modern society (at least in America) is accompanied by someone saying "Prison! Don't drop the soap! LOL!"
 
do you find yourself able to defend his hypothetical rapist?

EDIT: let's not forget that the instrument of this poetic justice that you all seem to find so funny is themselves a rapist.

No, but I would find it funny if the prison rapist was not a child rapist.
 
Nothing. He deserves to go to jail for what he did.

Nothing. He deserves to go to jail for what he did.

All good points. He deserves to go to jail for what he did.

There's a difference between "he deserves to go to jail" and "he deserves to be raped in jail".

so you're absolutely fine not just with anyone who gets sent to jail being raped but with anyone who gets sent to jail committing rape?

No, I am not absolutely fine with just anyone who gets sent to jail being raped. In this instance, yes, I am applying my own moral compass that since he chose to disregard a minor's rights and force himself upon them. Clearly, not everyone who is in prison deserves to be raped or assaulted in any way, and I'm sorry if I came across that way. Normally, I am a compassionate person. In this instance, my compassion goes out the window. He chose his path, not me, and in the absence of being sent away to a secure facility, he will now have to face the consequences of his actions and I, for one, will not feel sorry for him in the least.

And I also appreciate that in a topic as volatile as this, so far, no one has engaged in name-calling or anything else that may detract from their point of view, whether you agree with them or not.

Michael
 
I, for one, do not find raping a child funny. I do, however, find that a person who rapes children being raped in return funny.

So you find some rape funny, not all rape. Fair enough. I don't like all flavors of ice cream myself. But then, ice cream doesn't create victims... I can live with being an ice-cream-supporter...

I still do not see anyone calling for the guy to be raped.

So what difference does that make?

We just find it satisfying to think he might get back what he gave.

I find myself unable to defend a person like this.

You also seem to be unable to distinguish between "defending him for what he did" and "refusing to literally outlaw him for what he did".
 
No, I am not absolutely fine with just anyone who gets sent to jail being raped. In this instance, yes, I am applying my own moral compass that since he chose to disregard a minor's rights and force himself upon them. Clearly, not everyone who is in prison deserves to be raped or assaulted in any way, and I'm sorry if I came across that way. Normally, I am a compassionate person. In this instance, my compassion goes out the window. He chose his path, not me, and in the absence of being sent away to a secure facility, he will now have to face the consequences of his actions and I, for one, will not feel sorry for him in the least.

And I also appreciate that in a topic as volatile as this, so far, no one has engaged in name-calling or anything else that may detract from their point of view, whether you agree with them or not.

Michael

Michael, I think you are absolutely intelligent and empathetic enough to understand this connection, based on this post.

What this man did was reprehensible. However, by accepting the idea that he will be raped and seeing this as not a bad thing, you are by extension accepting the concept of prison rape, which is not exclusively applied to child rapists. Through acceptance of the act of prison rape in these specific conditions, you are accepting the act of prison rape in all conditions.
 
What the problem is is that the topic is almost exclusively brought up for the most heinous of criminals. People enjoy thinking about evil people getting their comeuppance, however brutal it may be. What they fail to consider, though, is that it doesn't exclusively happen to horrible people. That guy stealing candy bars (or that kid who got caught with a small amount of marijuana) is at great and constant risk of experiencing prison rape.

But this is never thought of or discussed in the public eye. The concept is firmly entrenched in the usual discourse that criminals are Bad People, they deserve to be there. The guy stealing candy bars is all of a sudden morally equivalent in a rape apologist's eyes to a serial murderer. They're all criminals. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. In this way, the positively awful conditions and environments that prisoners faced are ignored or even encouraged. Any politician that dares address the issue is labeled soft on crime, and the process continues.

I agree with you here, but I'm just not sure how to change prison environments without changing the attitudes of prisoners themselves. The attitude of 'rape is okay in prison' is widespread in the public, which means it's in the prison population too. I'm no more happy with inmates raping each other than I am with inmates beating or shanking each other, but I'm not sure the different violent acts can be separated and corrected individually.
 
You made an absolute statement, perhaps you should have focussed on specifics?

Touche.....well done.

This ting about working out when rape is funny is pretty tricky it seems.
I'm glad that I don't have to try and just find it all stomach turning.

Not tricky at all, at least to me. If you rape a child, the actual act of you getting raped in prison isn't all that funny - it's the irony of it that tickles me.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom