• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Glenn Beck leaving Fox show

On his radio show today, after saying Trust Me more times than I can count, he said he would give a thumbnail of his plans.

As mentioned earlier, he said he would retain a good relationship with Fox, and be doing specials for them. He said the problem being associated with cable news is he is locked into someone else's time, and location, and budget. His radio show has always been his main vehicle, and his new venture, the Blaze, he says will lead the way. He said going forward he would be looking for younger audiences (which I thought was obvious from the earlier changes on his radio show, like the music), as well as comedy audiences. I didn't hear anything obvious about plans for a cable network.
 
Yeah, when his act no longer gets ratings.Welcome to Show Business.
And Beck was nowhere nearly as exteme on his HLN show and his radio show at the time Fox hired him in 2008. I think Fox got more crazy then they were bargaining for.

He was starting to get crazy in his later period at HLN. Remember the whole pitchfork nonsense? But his old show was watchable and he usually had a pretty good interview at the end of every show.
 
Heres a scary thought. Maybe they'll replace him with something like Real American History with David Barton.
 
On his radio show today, after saying Trust Me more times than I can count, he said he would give a thumbnail of his plans.

As mentioned earlier, he said he would retain a good relationship with Fox, and be doing specials for them. He said the problem being associated with cable news is he is locked into someone else's time, and location, and budget. His radio show has always been his main vehicle, and his new venture, the Blaze, he says will lead the way. He said going forward he would be looking for younger audiences (which I thought was obvious from the earlier changes on his radio show, like the music), as well as comedy audiences. I didn't hear anything obvious about plans for a cable network.
He's already getting comedy audiences - they're just on The Daily Show.
 
I was wondering why Jon Stewart didn't do a Beck bit the next day. Apparently they were working on his longest Beck parody to date, which aired last night. It was... ok. I didn't think really any better than the others he's done. But, he still has the rest of the year of course.
 
I was wondering why Jon Stewart didn't do a Beck bit the next day. Apparently they were working on his longest Beck parody to date, which aired last night. It was... ok. I didn't think really any better than the others he's done. But, he still has the rest of the year of course.

Stewart was too broken up because with Beck gone from Fox he just lost so much great material.
 
...I'm sorry, I couldn't resist...

picture.php



:D
 
As any salesman knows, when the only people who will listen to you are those who have already bought everything you sell, it's time to either change your product line or retire.

Glen Beck has been preaching to his choir for so long, that he no longer appeals to the people in the pews.
 
And perhaps as an augur of things to come, his special guest on the same show where he announced he was leaving Fox, and appealing to people to continue to trust him, and hinting at new directions, was: John Hagee.
 
As any salesman knows, when the only people who will listen to you are those who have already bought everything you sell, it's time to either change your product line or retire.

Glen Beck has been preaching to his choir for so long, that he no longer appeals to the people in the pews.

And his preaching to causing people in the pews to give less at collection time (is,advertisers on other Fox shows were making it known they were getting annoyned with Beck's incresing crazy).
 
A little more from Mr Beck this morning: Leaving fox was a choice they made so they could focus better: specifically, on the internet, and appealing to the 25 year old crowd.
 
Just announced: Beck will be off Fox at the end of the month (June 2011).
 
Looks like Beck is now taking his show online:

GBTV (http://www.gbtv.com/)
Tagline: The Truth lives here.

It's a subscription service, starting at $4.95 a month.

It might be easier for him to restrict all the material from critique, so the likes of the Daily Show can't reshow clips of it. I'm not sure how the fair-use laws would apply.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom