• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

TAM 9 Volunteers needed

Notice how SkepticScott carefully tiptoed around mentioning the special jobs for the n00bs? That's because they are THAT special!

They'll be even specialer when I get through with them, I garontee.
 
I'd like to volunteer, assuming I can work out finances to get there.

I just successfully performed the Heimlich Maneuver this evening. I assume that may be handy.
 
Too bad for her. That sucker itches.

Hrmmm... looks like I'll have to sew a liner in it or something. Though, I fear that I am not "wenchy" enough for the task.

I'd like to volunteer, assuming I can work out finances to get there.

I just successfully performed the Heimlich Maneuver this evening. I assume that may be handy.

Yet another reason why you rock :-)
 
Hrmmm... looks like I'll have to sew a liner in it or something. Though, I fear that I am not "wenchy" enough for the task.

I don't think the itchy is anything that could be fixed with a liner. It may only be fixed with fire.
 
Last edited:
If I make it there, count me in. I've been a volunteer, I believe it's been, the last three TAM's. I never really knew what the hell I was doing, but it felt good doing it!
 
Of course you can add me to your list Scott.

I'll be arriving early so can help with whatever is needed in the way of set up as well. I tried to help with the package assembly last year but all you overachievers beat me to it.
 
Make sure that Kil and I work a shift together, if possible. We were selling tickets at the door of the talent show and I think we got that one guy to pay twice. :whistling
 
Having been to TAM last year and experienced this myself, cute girls (and since I know you IRL, I know you qualify :D) never have to bring beer/drinks to anyone...beer/drinks will be brought to you.

WIN!

Hmmm... I guess the more we work to get women into skepticism, the less of that we'll each see. I can live with that trade-off. ;)
 
Make mine a Keith's or a Moosehead.
(Don't worry there is 99.9999999999% chance of me not coming.)

Keep in mind that this is Las Vegas. Assuming that they even have those, it'll be "import" priced. If that 0.0000000001% rolls up, make sure to buy your own at duty free... :)
 
Keep in mind that this is Las Vegas. Assuming that they even have those, it'll be "import" priced. If that 0.0000000001% rolls up, make sure to buy your own at duty free... :)

They're even hard too find outside the maritimes. Plus the last time I had a drink was over a decade ago. The beer I have in the house is leftover from last summer using them for slug traps for the garden.
 
Crap! The water heater blew out. New heater plus expansion tank plus installation was several hundred bucks, and the only source was my vacation money. (Yeah, I was a slacker and hadn't made my resos and registrations yet.)

So you can take me off the list of volunteers, I'm afraid, cause I can't make it this year.

Hopefully next.

Y'all enjoy.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom