• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

TAM 9 Volunteers needed

1st TAM! Assuming I can find a way to afford registration (or hopefully win a scholarship) I would like to volunteer for something that a n00b could do, whatever that is.

EEEEE!!!!

You'll do fine as a volunteer - it's a good way to meet a lot of the people, and questions are always welcome. I hope to see you there...:D
 
Well, just got notice that they finally opened registration. I should be able to get everything squared away tonight. Plan to arrive Tuesday evening, leave Monday.
 
I haven't booked anything yet, but as soon as I do, I'll also send a PM confirming I want to be a volunteer.
Thanks Zooterkin!

You can put me on the list, as usual, if you haven't already. I think I can pretty much handle whatever jobs you want.
Thanks Wowbagger!

But, in addition to not missing any part of TAM, I also want to make sure I get a job that does NOT involve getting permanently maimed or blinded.
So temporary is OK? What's your definition of "temporary"?

If I volunteer, can I get in TAM for free?
Sadly, no. I pay full-price myself. But volunteers will get a free lunch on Wednesday.

1st TAM! Assuming I can find a way to afford registration (or hopefully win a scholarship) I would like to volunteer for something that a n00b could do, whatever that is.
Thanks NoisyAstronomer! No prior experience (or attendance) is necessary to help.
 
Notice how SkepticScott carefully tiptoed around mentioning the special jobs for the n00bs? That's because they are THAT special!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom