• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

TAM 9 Volunteers needed

SkepticScott

TAM Volunteer Guy
Joined
Aug 23, 2001
Messages
3,008
Location
north of Boston, Massachusetts
Hi everyone,
The schedule for TAM9 hasn't been posted yet, but we'll need help nevertheless. Each year we have a fantastic group of volunteers who help assemble the packets, and staff the registration booth and merchandise tables. If you've attended a TAM you've seen them. One handed you your registration packet or helped you at the merchandise table. Randi, Phil, or Hal asked them to stand so you could thank them. They are the heroes of TAM.

Every year I have enough volunteers so that no one has to help for more than about 3 hours. No one has ever missed any part of TAM. When the speakers begin, you will be seated in the audience. You will get a “Volunteer” t-shirt for your help, and all volunteers are invited to a free volunteer-only lunch on Wednesday, 13 July.

I work the schedule around your plans and wishes. Some people only want to assemble packets, others can't work at the end of each day because they have plans. I've learned to be flexible.

If you are interested in volunteering at TAM9, or just want to learn more before you decide, please contact me via PM or email me at scott at randi period org.

Several people have already volunteered, and I'll email them tonight.
 
Hey, Scott - weren't we just workin' TAM8? If I can confirm my going to TAM9, I could volunteer again at registration, merchandise, or even guard a "sacred hat" :)
I'll let you know asap.
 
I'm in. I don't remember what day I'm coming into town, but I'll keep you updated.
 
I sure hope I can help again this year. I was a great way for me to meet folks when I was a First Tammer!
 
I haven't booked anything yet, but as soon as I do, I'll also send a PM confirming I want to be a volunteer.
 
You can put me on the list, as usual, if you haven't already. I think I can pretty much handle whatever jobs you want.

But, in addition to not missing any part of TAM, I also want to make sure I get a job that does NOT involve getting permanently maimed or blinded.

Some agonizing torture is acceptable, as long as it does not cause serious permanent damage.
 
I also want to make sure I get a job that does NOT involve getting permanently maimed or blinded.

There goes the Wowbagger Guillotine Routine we had planned to keep the people in the registration line amused.

Always thinking about yourself, Wowbagger. Tsk tsk.

:)
 
There goes the Wowbagger Guillotine Routine we had planned to keep the people in the registration line amused.

Always thinking about yourself, Wowbagger. Tsk tsk.

:)



Hey, he didn't say anything about being killed, so you're still good to go!
 
1st TAM! Assuming I can find a way to afford registration (or hopefully win a scholarship) I would like to volunteer for something that a n00b could do, whatever that is.

EEEEE!!!!
 
1st TAM! Assuming I can find a way to afford registration (or hopefully win a scholarship) I would like to volunteer for something that a n00b could do, whatever that is.

EEEEE!!!!

Don't worry, there are very special jobs for n00bs... :D
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom