pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Sep 19, 2001
- Messages
- 21,829
Natalie Portman is pregnant? Is it twins?
If she dies of a broken heart I'm gonna have to hunt Lucas down and beat him like a rented wookie.Natalie Portman is pregnant? Is it twins?
What's up, party of smaller government, no welfare and no universal healthcare? Did you find another side of your mouth to talk out of?Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and would not get healthcare.
Guys, I think he's thanking his GOD that people are focusing on the Portman part of his comments and not this (from the link in the OP):
What's up, party of smaller government, no welfare and no universal healthcare? Did you find another side of your mouth to talk out of?
Actually, Huckabee has been saying things like that as long as I had known about him. His major disagreement with the rest of Christian Right is that he thinks caring for the poor is part of being Christian.Guys, I think he's thanking his GOD that people are focusing on the Portman part of his comments and not this (from the link in the OP):
What's up, party of smaller government, no welfare and no universal healthcare? Did you find another side of your mouth to talk out of?
Actually, Huckabee has been saying things like that as long as I had known about him. His major disagreement with the rest of Christian Right is that he thinks caring for the poor is part of being Christian.
Yes, most single mothers don't make millions a year. But Portman does. She's doing what's best for her. Furthermore, she's not even a single mother. She's not advising people that to become single mothers, and I haven't heard anyone use her as an example for how single motherhood works.
Well now we have established that it's alright to turn out to be a single mother
Yes, most single mothers don't make millions a year.
To the Right, unmarried = single.
Ah, interesting... So I can date the same girl for years and still claim I'm single!![]()
Ah, interesting... So I can date the same girl for years and still claim I'm single!![]()
Usually the form asks the marital status, so in that context, yes, "single" is the box I check, because it is clear what they mean. But in everyday life, when I have a serious girlfriend, I don't say I'm single... well, at least not in front of her.when they fill out any governmental form and it asks Single or Married, what do the non-married but in a relationship people check??
She's not a single mother!
A single mother is someone who has sole custody of her children, and who is without a partner to take care of them. The father of her child is obviously still in the picture, and there's no reason to think they're going to split.
"Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and would not get healthcare."
I find this interesting... I'm a single mom (although I was still married when I had The Dolly) and I'm not poor, I'm about 15 hours short of a BS, I have a great job and although I did qualify for WIC and food stamps when I was newly divorced, I've never taken government assistance and we've had health care through my employers.
My ex-husband paid $350 a month (when he actually paid it between being unemployed or in jail) and that didn't go very far given that I put my kid through private school until high school. He's not paid one cent of her college fees and she's in her fourth year.
I'm damn proud of what I've accomplished and having some old man in Washington denigrate that is highly insulting to me.