• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 2 - Discussion of the Amanda Knox case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Withnail 1969

As we all know the case is not being heard in the UK.

Can you provide a source that states the arrangements between the Kercher family and their lawyer in the context of the civil complaint against whoever is convicted of Meredith's murder.

Yes, I have a copy of Maresca's invoice right here on my desk. Can't believe he's even charged them 50 Euros for printer ink!
 
".....but it was proven that it could not have been contaminated, using a series of technical valuations."
What is it about "a series of technical valuations" that you don't get, halides? Those sound to me like some VERY IMPORTANT PROCESSES.

As I recall Comodi's argument was the fact no other trace of Raffaele was found in the room, it 'proved' it couldn't have been contaminated.

That's so backwards it's not funny. :(
 
CDHost

Ask Mary_H about phanuelB or google phanuelB and Amanda Knox.


Phanuel B. is a prolific pro-Amanda poster. One of his focuses has been the limited public disclosure of documentation for the case and the trial. Another of his focuses is maintaining and sharing a complete record of the experts who have spoken publicly about Amanda and Raffaele. He also is active behind the scenes in soliciting public support for Amanda from the Ivy League community.
 
As I recall Comodi's argument was the fact no other trace of Raffaele was found in the room, it 'proved' it couldn't have been contaminated.

That's so backwards it's not funny. :(


Some of the things they come up with.....:covereyes
 
technical valuations

".....but it was proven that it could not have been contaminated, using a series of technical valuations."
What is it about "a series of technical valuations" that you don't get, halides? Those sound to me like some VERY IMPORTANT PROCESSES.

Oh, my. I must have forgotten that he, too, knows the 403!
 
Guede and the break in

So as I see it there are a few possibilities for the break in:
  1. There was no faked break in. Police were over generalizing from a few scraps.
  2. Guede fakes the break in, to throw investigators off the fact he was invited in by Meredith.
  3. AK fakes the break in.
    • To throw investigators off the fact that she, Rudy and RS were all together when the homicide started
    • To cover up for Raffaele having killed Meredith
    • Other reason?
  4. The boys downstairs faked the break in.
  5. Filomona or Laura faked the break in.
  6. A previous renter who still had keys faked the break in (homocide was likely drug related).
  7. Another unrelated perp used some technique to get in and faked the break in to cover that up.

Am I missing any big ones?

The argument for 3a is that there is some evidence that Amanda didn't like to clean much but on Nov 2nd was doing a lot of cleaning. But even if we accept the cleaning as being homicide related I could see excess cleaning being consistent with 3b, 3c, 4, 5 as well as 3a.

So basically you have to be essentially certain that Amanda was engaging in excess cleaning to even try to exclude 1, 2, 6, 7. And even then I'm not sure. For example there may have been no faked breaking Amanda was destroying evidence, and the rock was part of faking a window that got broken in the struggle. I.E. excess cleaning & 1 at the same time.

Now there are two pieces of evidence for the excess cleaning:
i) The bathroom was cleaned but the murder room with Rudy's DNA was not.
ii) Amanda and Raffaele talk about the mop and were seen with a mop.

The problem is (i) is fully consistent with, no break in trying to frame Rudy from 3a, 3b, 3c, 4, 5, 6, 7 with the intent to leave Rudy's DNA behind. It is also consistent with 1 or 2 if the perp just ran out of time (which is what people theorize happened with 3a anyway).

So really that leaves the mop as evidence. The broken pipe with the mop traveling all over town seems like an unlikely (not impossible but unlikely) story. If we assume its false: 3a, 3b, 3c, 4, 5, same as above. And those are the situations which give Amanda as accessory after the fact. It doesn't prove murder but it does prove she was involved.

And to complicate things further there is the issue of the body being covered after death. That makes 2, 4, 6 less likely.

So what is the counter argument? And what's the argument for Filomona not being involved?
 
Last edited:
Phanuel B. is a prolific pro-Amanda poster. One of his focuses has been the limited public disclosure of documentation for the case and the trial. Another of his focuses is maintaining and sharing a complete record of the experts who have spoken publicly about Amanda and Raffaele. He also is active behind the scenes in soliciting public support for Amanda from the Ivy League community.

Where can I get this complete record of experts?! This sounds wonderfully useful. For example the computer forensics questions I need more details. And I'd love to get more on the testimony regarding the autopsy.
 
Where can I get this complete record of experts?! This sounds wonderfully useful. For example the computer forensics questions I need more details. And I'd love to get more on the testimony regarding the autopsy.

I will ask Phanuel B. to forward his list to you. I'm not sure there are any computer forensics experts who have spoken out publicly. There are several posters on this thread, though, who are very knowledgeable about computers. The trouble is, not all the records are available yet for them to analyze.
 
Dear All

RoseMontague in a previous post stated “I have seen this claim at IIP as well and quotes from other posters elsewhere stating this is the case.” What is “IIP”?
 
I will ask Phanuel B. to forward his list to you. I'm not sure there are any computer forensics experts who have spoken out publicly. There are several posters on this thread, though, who are very knowledgeable about computers. The trouble is, not all the records are available yet for them to analyze.

Thanks! Looking forward to it.
 
And to complicate things further there is the issue of the body being covered after death.

If I recall correctly, blood was soaked into the duvet indicating that the body was covered before the blood had dried. The body may have been covered after death, but the evidence doesn't fit it being done hour later.
 
ChrisC

The only other high profile civil case I can recall is OJ Simpson I believe that resulted millions being awarded for wrongful deaths of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown, I doubt that either family’s ever got a cent from Simpson.

This is a quote from an ABC News article shortly after the end of the trial
“When asked if the Kercher family was satisfied with the guilty verdicts, Meredith Kercher's mother, Arline Kercher, said," If the evidence has been presented, then yes, you have to agree with that verdict.

"At the end of the day," she added, "you have to go on the evidence because there's nothing else."

The Kerchers were awarded roughly $6.5 million in compensation for the murder, but Lyle Kercher said that the figure was largely a symbolic one that reflected the "severity and gravity of the case." "Money will never bring anything or change anything," he said.

Family members said they are aware they will have to relive the pain of Kercher's killing throughout the appeals process.

"We were fully prepared for that fact," said Kercher's sister, Stephanie. "We have to handle it as it happens."


http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/AmandaKnox/family-visits-disappointed-upset-amanda-knox-jail-conviction/story?id=9257953

Lots of people believe Maresca's actions are about money. Most of those people believes Maresca's actions are because of Sollecito's money. What I'm saying is Maresca might be trying to protect the Kerchers from financial backlash over this whole Knox/Sollecito fiasco. After all its not the Kerchers fault, but Mignini did drag them into the middle of this whole mess.

Another example of Mignini dragging someone into the middle of this. Lets look at Patrick. Mignini drags a slander charge into the middle of a murder trial so he can get those statements entered as evidence. What happens to Patrick if the slander conviction gets tossed because of the Murder trial. Is he now responsible for a possible backlash from the overturned conviction and what happens if you sue someone for slander and you lose. Wouldn't that be what Patrick is now facing if it all gets tossed.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom