• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Continuation Part 2 - Discussion of the Amanda Knox case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything possible is being done to suppress the truth of what actually happened to Meredith and to prejudice the defendants' appeal. The reason is the large amount of money which the prosecution stand to gain if their lies are accepted.
Withnail1969

Okay can you provide a source that supports what you are asserting?
 
Are we sure that Maresca was not provided to the victim's family by the court, at public expense?

I have seen this claim at IIP as well and quotes from other posters elsewhere stating this is the case. Thus far, I have not seen a good cite for it.

If the Italian government is paying for a British citizen's legal expenses connected to a civil action against an American citizen, I would think that our State Department would have something to say about that.
 
I have seen this claim at IIP as well and quotes from other posters elsewhere stating this is the case. Thus far, I have not seen a good cite for it.

If the Italian government is paying for a British citizen's legal expenses connected to a civil action against an American citizen, I would think that our State Department would have something to say about that.
RoseMontague

Italy and the United Kingdom are members of the European Union as well as being independent countries, although I do not know the specific laws as European citizens the Kercher's I assume would be eigible.
 
LondonJohn

Do you know what Penal codes Raffaele, Guede and Amanda were charged with?


I do indeed know which articles of the penal code contained the offences with which Knox and Sollecito were charged. They were:

110, 575, 576 (paragraph 1 section 5), 577 (paragraph 1 section 4), 61 (sections 1 and 5), 609 ((b) and (c) section 2), 624 and 367.


In addition, Knox was charged with offences under articles:

81, 368 (paragraph 2) and 61 (section 2).
 
Rose wasn't talking about legal aid in the criminal case. The question is who is paying Maresca's fees in the civil case?
Withnail1969

I do not know whether there is a distinction between criminal or civil in the context of what a EU citizen can expect in such cases. Do you?
 
I have seen this claim at IIP as well and quotes from other posters elsewhere stating this is the case. Thus far, I have not seen a good cite for it.
If the Italian government is paying for a British citizen's legal expenses connected to a civil action against an American citizen, I would think that our State Department would have something to say about that.

Probably not. Mind you I don't think that's what's happening, but even if it were I'm hard pressed to see what international law it would be breaking. I could see it being a GATT violation but.... What would be the basis for complaint? The Italian government could just bypass the middle man and issue a civil ruling. We make no claim to recognize the inherit legitimacy if Italian civil judgements which is already a pretty strong statement.

What it would be is one more of the hundred reasons the civil judgement will never transfer to the USA.
 
Last edited:
Withnail1969

I do not know whether there is a distinction between criminal or civil in the context of what a EU citizen can expect in such cases. Do you?

I can see an argument for the state provision of legal assistance to the victim (or the victim's family when the victim has been killed) in a criminal trial, where the victim (or family) is not the plaintiff. But I can't see any compelling logic for the state to pay for legal assistance in a civil case, where the victim (or family) is the plaintiff.
 
Withnail1969

I do not know whether there is a distinction between criminal or civil in the context of what a EU citizen can expect in such cases. Do you?

Sure we do. There has already been about 4 civil actions associated with this case and they have had separate judgements and separate teams. The Kercher's got their settlement, Amanda sued a book publisher, Patrick sued Amanda.... There are court ordered criminal fines which did come out of the Massei court. Finally the reason the Kercher's have representation is because of the civil not the criminal actions.

So yes, even knowing nothing about Italy we have plenty of evidence for a distinction.
 
Withnail1969

I do not know whether there is a distinction between criminal or civil in the context of what a EU citizen can expect in such cases. Do you?

In England there is. It would be highly unlikely for the Italian government to be paying for the conduct of the civil suit, and as Rose pointed out, if this were the case, the US State Department would be expected to intervene.
 
I've been attempting to explain this to CoulsdonUK without success. You can't possibly be convicted on the basis that in another trial at which you were not represented, it was decided that you participated in a crime. Not in a country which claims to have some kind of fair legal system anyway.

I'm with you all the way here, Withnail, what I can't figure out is why Mignini and Maresca would be saying it then, or their adherents celebrate it. It's like an admission there's something very wrong with the process.
 
I can see an argument for the state provision of legal assistance to the victim (or the victim's family when the victim has been killed) in a criminal trial, where the victim (or family) is not the plaintiff. But I can't see any compelling logic for the state to pay for legal assistance in a civil case, where the victim (or family) is the plaintiff.
LondonJohn

I can see the logic of your post. Does anyone have any verifiable sources that can confirm the arrangements between Kerchers and their lawyer in the context of the civil complaint against anyone convicted of murdering Meredith?
 
........As far as John Kercher is concerned he has lost his beloved daughter,and she like Amanda Knox was a great great girl a credit to her parents and the schools and societies that produced her, and the grief has destroyed him.In the hours and days of his greatest despair lowlifes like Mignini and Maresca convinced him of what is not true.he now owes Maresca a huge fee and he is unwilling or unable to admit to himself he was lead down the garden path

Excellent insight, Billy.
 
.........BTW #2 - no one has addressed my question regarding Rudy's trial and appeals - did Maresca appear in those court sessions representing the Kercher family?

Here is a link to the Motivations for the decision in Rudy's trial. Maresca's name does not seem to appear, but most of the names are represented by initials.
 
In England there is. It would be highly unlikely for the Italian government to be paying for the conduct of the civil suit, and as Rose pointed out, if this were the case, the US State Department would be expected to intervene.
Withnail 1969

As we all know the case is not being heard in the UK.

Can you provide a source that states the arrangements between the Kercher family and their lawyer in the context of the civil complaint against whoever is convicted of Meredith's murder.
 
Draca,

Mr. Maresca said, "hook that was left behind and discovered 40 days later, but it was proven that it could not have been contaminated." He does not know what he is talking about. The clasp might have been contaminated if it were moved by a police officer in those 46 days. The clasp was mishandled when it was finally collected, according to the evidence-handling protocols we have unearthed and discussed here many times. Moreover, no control experiments were disclosed.


".....but it was proven that it could not have been contaminated, using a series of technical valuations."
What is it about "a series of technical valuations" that you don't get, halides? Those sound to me like some VERY IMPORTANT PROCESSES.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom