Speaking of which, and back on topic:
Another liberal not sporting the Hai Karate odor.
Civil libertarians should not dismiss opponents of mosques as bigots
"As a matter of national security, the United States has no practical way to distinguish between the majority of peace-loving Muslims and the minority who see it as their god-given mission to kill "the enemy." Nor do we have the resources, quite frankly, to spend a lot more time trying to distinguish between them. Given that we are funding two major anti-terrorism wars and driving ourselves to bankruptcy in the process, I believe people who fear the establishment of mosques in their neighborhoods have valid concerns that civil libertarians are ignoring. I am not saying in any way, shape or form that I would join their protest marches. But I think to dismiss them as a bunch of misguided bigots is an act we could easily live to regret."
BONNIE ERBE, Scripps Howard News Service
http://www.scrippsnews.com/content/...s-should-not-dismiss-opponents-mosques-bigots
