• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

It's their CULTURE, you INSENSITIVE creature!

I think I've made it embarassingly obvious that I get batey about anti-british comments.

Not this time. This practice needs to be stamped on. Hard. World wide. Damn the limp wristed social workers who don't visit 'at risk' kids because they're scared of the very parents who put the kids at risk. Send in the rozzers.

Child abuse is child abuse.
 
What might be done? How about throwing those who mutilate their daughters and maim them for life in jail for a long time?
I prefer scraping off something of their's and leaving them with a pile of salt to stanch the flow of blood. Preferably catching them and the "doctor" just before the mutilation of the girl can occur.
 
I prefer scraping off something of their's and leaving them with a pile of salt to stanch the flow of blood. Preferably catching them and the "doctor" just before the mutilation of the girl can occur.
I take it you're in favor of executing murderers, raping child rapists, and at the very least waterboarding terrorists, yes? Or is this just a socially-sanctioned emotional outburst on the topic of the PC cause du jour?
 
Off with their heads!
Or tails.

Whatever.

Interesting to see this thread revived alongside the one about children with abnormal genitals being operated on.
I presume anyone in favour of routinely chopping bits off children would be pro that too?
 
Last edited:
I take it you're in favor of executing murderers, raping child rapists, and at the very least waterboarding terrorists, yes? Or is this just a socially-sanctioned emotional outburst on the topic of the PC cause du jour?
The first part pretty much covers it. I'll not bore you with the one for child rapists - clearly you would be too kind to accept it.
But, then, I like children.
 
Justice is an abstract concept, that to the Western mind had appeared as a woman. This character has occasionally appeared in the vision of the Western Mind as holding games of chance in the hand. These games are often depicted as wheels of Fortune.

That's all I can say for now. Lady Luck, Luck be a Lady. Gimme my dice.
 
It's very difficult to define what is objectively right, but some things are obviously objectively wrong.

Mutilating children is one of them.
 
Off with their heads!
Or tails.

Whatever.

Interesting to see this thread revived alongside the one about children with abnormal genitals being operated on.
I presume anyone in favour of routinely chopping bits off children would be pro that too?

Do you mean ambiguous genitalia or abnormal genitalia?
 
Has anyone defended or excused this practice as "it's just their culture, you insensitive creature?"

Or is this another "Skeptic" strawman?

Since this thread has been bumped, I thought I'd ask this again.
 
Since this thread has been bumped, I thought I'd ask this again.

To be perfectly frank I think the wording of the title or the phrasing of the OP is utterly irrelevent.

If I thought I'd get away with it, I'd accost these 'cutters' at the airport and give them a taste of their own medicine. As it is, I just hope the security services will get them as they come in. Cell block stairs are notoriously steep and slippery.

ETA : Skept won't be back to defend himself for another fortnight...he's suspended.
 
Last edited:
Since this thread has been bumped, I thought I'd ask this again.

I've never seen someone explicitly defend or excuse such a practice outright; but I have seen a number of different people attempt to minimize or downplay the enormity of the practice by insisting that one "must be sensitive" to the "cultural implications" when attempting to end such a long-established practice; otherwise there "could be a backlash" against authorities who could be :viewed as attempting to suppress their culture" rather than merely ending the brutal practice of FGM.

I don't recall if it was this thread or another, but there was recently info posted about physicians performing some of the less extreme forms of FMG; with the justification -- supported by some commenters -- that doing so helped to minimize the harm to the victim, and is a more realistic step toward ending the practice than an outright ban would be, because of the cultural issues involved.

No, I have to correct myself. I have heard a very few hardcore Relativists outright excuse it; but they were clearly nutters and more than a little racist about it.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom