DC
Banned
- Joined
- Mar 20, 2008
- Messages
- 23,064
Can't you answer a simple question?
That's exactly what she said.
Then why do you keep defending her in this thread?
There you go DC, here's one of them:
heeey! FOUL!
chronological incorrect
Can't you answer a simple question?
That's exactly what she said.
Then why do you keep defending her in this thread?
There you go DC, here's one of them:
Here is an excellent response to the thinking that Helen Thomas shares with so many others. It summarizes the history of the issue very well.
http://www.jewlicious.com/2010/06/get-the-hell-out-of-my-face/
I know what she said. I'm far more concerned about what she meant.
heeey! FOUL!
chronological incorrect![]()
And what did she mean by "get the hell out of Palestine" and "Go home to Poland and Germany"?
Could you please try to understand what these posters are doing, instead of always kidding around. This is not funny.
I gave two possible interpretations in my post above. No doubt her words were poorly chosen (at the very least), but I'm not convinced her comments were meant as they're being interpreted here.
they try to set in to perspective what they think she ment.
what do you think they are doing?
Could you please try to understand what these posters are doing, instead of always kidding around. This is not funny.
I'm not convinced her comments were meant as they're being interpreted here.
Clearly DC is referring to the fact that the post he cited (my own) was written after DC's demand for quotes.
In my own defense, I wish to add that Pardalis' decision to quote me in the context of a demand for quotes concerning "whether it is practical or not to actually butcher and expel all the Jews" is extremely dishonest and worthy of contempt.
You do think Thomas gave her honest opinion, right? You even agree with her, right (in your second loose interpretation)?Hizbullah called her "go back to Poland" comments about the Jews as "a courageous, bold, and honest opinion".
Which is precisely what some of the usual gang here said about it.
Considering black people in America were originally brought there against their will, I hardly think comparing the presence of blacks in America to the presence of Jews in recently annexed territories is fair in any way. The situations are not analogous, and while Helen Thomas is wrong to suggest that Jews should be removed from Israel, I believe it could well have been her poorly worded way of suggesting that the state of Israel itself is illegitimate.When people say black people should "go back to Africa", do you really think they mean it literally?
What does "get the hell out of Palestine" and "they should go back to Poland and Germany" mean?
Answer.
Considering black people in America were originally brought there against their will, I hardly think comparing the presence of blacks in America to the presence of Jews in recently annexed territories is fair in any way.
The situations are not analogous,
It means the Jews of Israel should go back to their countries of origin.
I do not believe for one second that this stupid old woman was calling for genocide.
And you find that acceptable?
I notice that you edited the post above (#299) a couple of minutes after writing this post. It may well be the case that I misread your post, but I seem to recall it saying more than it currently says. I hope I'm just misremembering things.What DC was responding to was this part of Skeptic's post:
African-Americans were brought here against their will.
The country of Israel isn't an illegal settlement, it's a sovereign state recognized by the UN.The settlers went their by choice, to illegal settlements.
So you find her comments acceptable?Demanding that the settlers go home...is totally acceptable.
I notice that you edited the post above (#299) a couple of minutes after writing this post. It may well be the case that I misread your post, but I seem to recall it saying more than it currently says. I hope I'm just misremembering things.