• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Helen Thomas resigns over remarks

Can't you answer a simple question?

That's exactly what she said.

Then why do you keep defending her in this thread?



There you go DC, here's one of them:

heeey! FOUL!

chronological incorrect ;)
 
Here is an excellent response to the thinking that Helen Thomas shares with so many others. It summarizes the history of the issue very well.

http://www.jewlicious.com/2010/06/get-the-hell-out-of-my-face/

Why do people think attributing great discoveries and inventions by individuals to ethnic groups and nationalities is meaningful or useful? Is it a belief that by merely sharing a country or DNA with a genius, members of a grouping the genius belongs to can legitimately expect to have some reflected glory and thanks?
 
I know what she said. I'm far more concerned about what she meant.

And what did she mean by "get the hell out of Palestine" and "Go home to Poland and Germany"?

Here it is again in case you already forgot it.


Rather straight-forward isn't it?
 
And what did she mean by "get the hell out of Palestine" and "Go home to Poland and Germany"?

I gave two possible interpretations in my post above. No doubt her words were poorly chosen (at the very least), but I'm not convinced her comments were meant as they're being interpreted here.
 
Could you please try to understand what these posters are doing, instead of always kidding around. This is not funny.

they try to set in to perspective what they think she meant.
what do you think they are doing?
 
Last edited:
Here's a bubbly faced "moderate" on Thomas' comment:



starts at 3:00, where she said Thomas is one of her new heroes, and that Thomas wasn't talking about the Jews, and that Israel is the one that is sending rockets on itself...

Incredible.
 
Last edited:
I gave two possible interpretations in my post above. No doubt her words were poorly chosen (at the very least), but I'm not convinced her comments were meant as they're being interpreted here.

they try to set in to perspective what they think she ment.
what do you think they are doing?

When people say black people should "go back to Africa", do you really think they mean it literally? Of course it would be impractical...

Do such comments really a need to be put into "perspective"?

Geesus, why can't you see the comments for what they are, why the mental gymnastics of trying to defend the undefendable?
 
Could you please try to understand what these posters are doing, instead of always kidding around. This is not funny.

Clearly DC is referring to the fact that the post he cited (my own) was written after DC's demand for quotes.

In my own defense, I wish to add that Pardalis' decision to quote me in the context of a demand for quotes concerning "whether it is practical or not to actually butcher and expel all the Jews" is extremely dishonest and worthy of contempt.
 
Clearly DC is referring to the fact that the post he cited (my own) was written after DC's demand for quotes.

In my own defense, I wish to add that Pardalis' decision to quote me in the context of a demand for quotes concerning "whether it is practical or not to actually butcher and expel all the Jews" is extremely dishonest and worthy of contempt.

What DC was responding to was this part of Skeptic's post:

Hizbullah called her "go back to Poland" comments about the Jews as "a courageous, bold, and honest opinion".

Which is precisely what some of the usual gang here said about it.
You do think Thomas gave her honest opinion, right? You even agree with her, right (in your second loose interpretation)?
 
Last edited:
When people say black people should "go back to Africa", do you really think they mean it literally?
Considering black people in America were originally brought there against their will, I hardly think comparing the presence of blacks in America to the presence of Jews in recently annexed territories is fair in any way. The situations are not analogous, and while Helen Thomas is wrong to suggest that Jews should be removed from Israel, I believe it could well have been her poorly worded way of suggesting that the state of Israel itself is illegitimate.
 
What does "get the hell out of Palestine" and "they should go back to Poland and Germany" mean?

Answer.

It means the Jews of Israel should go back to their countries of origin.

I do not believe for one second that this stupid old woman was calling for genocide.
 
Considering black people in America were originally brought there against their will, I hardly think comparing the presence of blacks in America to the presence of Jews in recently annexed territories is fair in any way.

That's not the point

The situations are not analogous,

I'm not saying they are, I'm saying the comments are analogous.

Comprende?
 
African-Americans were brought here against their will.

The settlers went their by choice, to illegal settlements.

Demanding that the settlers go home...is totally acceptable.
 
What DC was responding to was this part of Skeptic's post:
I notice that you edited the post above (#299) a couple of minutes after writing this post. It may well be the case that I misread your post, but I seem to recall it saying more than it currently says. I hope I'm just misremembering things.
 
African-Americans were brought here against their will.

So, if we take a twisted logic, shouldn't they be more than happy to go back?

The settlers went their by choice, to illegal settlements.
The country of Israel isn't an illegal settlement, it's a sovereign state recognized by the UN.

Demanding that the settlers go home...is totally acceptable.
So you find her comments acceptable?
 
I notice that you edited the post above (#299) a couple of minutes after writing this post. It may well be the case that I misread your post, but I seem to recall it saying more than it currently says. I hope I'm just misremembering things.

Yes, I fixed the quote so that it reflected better what DC was responding to.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom