• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Helen Thomas resigns over remarks

Dual citizenship takes SOME planning, surely?

Did you come from Africa and pass a citizenship test, or did you become African while retaining U.S. citizenship?

how the hek shood i no? we dint have the '2 bobs' too help us wen i went too skool

now dont scroo with me or i'll overturn your Avatar and lite it on fyre
 
Officialy, Judaism is a religion. That is why one can convert to Judaism and NOT convert to being German, or Irish, or Welsh, or Basque.

You may want to reread the post you responded to, looking for words that start with "j" and rhyme with "rust".
 
it is very silly to suggest that Jews make up one, single, unified ethnic group.
 
Breakup of a former empire pretty much cleared the field for nation building.

Hear hear! Some common sense.

The breakup of the Ottoman, Austro-Hungarian, Spanish, French, Russian, British, Portuguese, and German empires left an awful lot of nation building to be done. It isn't even complete yet.
 
I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of Israelis are Zionists. Do you know what the word means? http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Zionism/zionism.html
I love that definition, as it makes crystal clear the inherently racist nature of the Zionist ideal: "Zionism, the national movement for the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and the resumption of Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel..."

Gotta love the sense of entitlement, too: "... ultimately, the common goal of a Jewish state in its ancient homeland was attained". I'm still waiting for Native Americans to be given back their ancient homeland. Somehow, I don't think the US will support that the way it supports the Zionist movement.
 
Israel has a right to be there, it's been there for 70 years, and its Jewish inhabitants aren't going anywhere.

You got that?

...

Israel stays right as it is.
Do I detect a hint of wishful thinking in your statements of fact? I guess if you state something aggressively and with enough conviction, it must surely be true.

Not that I think you're wrong about the fate of Israel. It has enough powerful backers that its continued existence is guaranteed, no matter how many crimes it commits in the name of self-preservation.
 
I love that definition, as it makes crystal clear the inherently racist nature of the Zionist ideal: "Zionism, the national movement for the return of the Jewish people to their homeland and the resumption of Jewish sovereignty in the Land of Israel..."

Gotta love the sense of entitlement, too: "... ultimately, the common goal of a Jewish state in its ancient homeland was attained". I'm still waiting for Native Americans to be given back their ancient homeland. Somehow, I don't think the US will support that the way it supports the Zionist movement.

Once again, what are you going to with the Five Million Jews in Israel?
Funny how those of you who want Israel destroyed dodge that question or try to deny you advocate it's desturction.
 
Do I detect a hint of wishful thinking in your statements of fact? I guess if you state something aggressively and with enough conviction, it must surely be true.

Not that I think you're wrong about the fate of Israel. It has enough powerful backers that its continued existence is guaranteed, no matter how many crimes it commits in the name of self-preservation.

So the Israelis have no right to protect themselves?
Nice.
 
Rather than just leave it as an ad-hom attack, why not elaborate on what part of Jewish history you think is relevant?

The Two Thousand years of persecution under non Jewish Rule, climaxing in The Holocuast, is enough to make anybody think that they are better off as a Sovereign Nation...
 
Once again, what are you going to with the Five Million Jews in Israel?
Not deport them to Germany or Poland, that's for sure. I oppose the state of Israel in its current form, but not the people who live there.

Funny how those of you who want Israel destroyed dodge that question or try to deny you advocate it's desturction.

Destruction? Could you please cite the post where I ever said anything about destroying Israel? I do not advocate violence of any sort. What I advocate is a fair and effective political solution to the conflict.

Then again, I also want to be a billionaire and date lots and lots of beautiful models.
 
Last edited:
Not that I think you're wrong about the fate of Israel. It has enough powerful backers that its continued existence is guaranteed, no matter how many crimes it commits in the name of self-preservation.

So the Israelis have no right to protect themselves?
Nice.

Is that what I said?

I think the part I bolded could be taken that way. I don't think that's quite the way you meant it though.

Did you?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom