• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Nuke the damn oil leak!!

By theory of depraved indifference, it is first degree murder. There may be more murders to add to the list. Corporate thugs told workers not to wear the respirators the Coast Guard passed out to them. If anybody dies from oil-related illness, it is murder.

You are ranting like a loon. It's not very nice to watch. I have worked on many BP rigs. They were the safest run rigs I worked on. Thats why everyone in the industry outside the US, is stunned at the irony of this happening to BP when far worse goes on everyday on the land rigs and other US offhore rigs.
 
You are ranting like a loon. It's not very nice to watch. I have worked on many BP rigs. They were the safest run rigs I worked on. Thats why everyone in the industry outside the US, is stunned at the irony of this happening to BP when far worse goes on everyday on the land rigs and other US offhore rigs.

This goes to show that the entire industry needs an overhaul of regulations and safety inspections.
 
You are ranting like a loon. It's not very nice to watch. I have worked on many BP rigs. They were the safest run rigs I worked on.

How many of them operated under the safety oversight of an office full of unqualified lunatics appointed by a depraved kakiocrat whose only focus was on making people rich?
 
How many of them operated under the safety oversight of an office full of unqualified lunatics appointed by a depraved kakiocrat whose only focus was on making people rich?

I am sure those poor dead oilmen are not interested in political bashing here. The truly sad thing is those guys are not even being mentioned on most news stories. Bandying about terms like "first degree murder" is silliness.
 
Charging the BP executives and the people who wrote the waivers would certainly go a long way to prevent further abuse and more heinous crimes. It would also make it harder for a corrupt judge to lessen any civil penalties on the basis of "can't put the company out of business."
 
Charging the BP executives and the people who wrote the waivers would certainly go a long way to prevent further abuse and more heinous crimes. It would also make it harder for a corrupt judge to lessen any civil penalties on the basis of "can't put the company out of business."

There are already corporate manslaughter rules for this. Now you want to hang em high eh?

You havent worked in the oil industry have you? What a matter with waiting to see the outcome of investigation and then making your case or is your political bias affecting your reasoning here? There are more than BP to look at here. Luckily for me, my company was no on this rig but could have been. Transocean, Halliburton and BP will more likely all have some blame for what happened.
 
There are already corporate manslaughter rules for this. Now you want to hang em high eh?

If that is what it takes to change the attitudes of the corporate idiots, yes. I also think that Don Blankenship should be in jail and all his assets liquidated. Worker safety should come first. If your business model fails because of it, you have no business being in business. The idea that corporations have huiman rights is absurd, but they asked for it. Let them suffer human penalties as well.

Paying a fine for safety violations and continuing to operate is no less a crime than continuing to drive drunk. A lot of countries have a death penalty for vehicular homicide. I have no porblem with imposing one on corporations for an equivalent crime. Corporations exist at government sufferage and it is up to government to punish them when they kill people by avoidable safety violations. The boards of directors should also go to jail for allowing the sort of corruption that got them the waivers. Anyone at MMS who wrote them a waiver needs to go to jail as an accessory and for government corruption.

You havent worked in the oil industry have you?

No. My relevant experience is in public safety. You allow an idiot to go on being an idiot long enough and people get hurt. Rich people think paying a fine is an adequate pennance. Families of victims usually think otherwise.

What a matter with waiting to see the outcome of investigation and then making your case or is your political bias affecting your reasoning here? There are more than BP to look at here. Luckily for me, my company was no on this rig but could have been. Transocean, Halliburton and BP will more likely all have some blame for what happened.

The lot of them should suffer the max penalty. None of them should be allowed to exist after the leak is stopped. They have never demonstrated any skill at cleaning up this kind of mess, so they have only one function useful to human civilization or the species right now. They shoukld be suffered to exist only for the purpose of stopping the leak.
 
The lot of them should suffer the max penalty. None of them should be allowed to exist after the leak is stopped. They have never demonstrated any skill at cleaning up this kind of mess, so they have only one function useful to human civilization or the species right now. They shoukld be suffered to exist only for the purpose of stopping the leak.

Abolishing every major oil company and a signficant chunk of the word's civil engineering capacity is consistent with us continueing to have much of a civilisation.
 
I didn't expect so many people on this board to act like the media sensationalizing a situation and spreading tons and tons of BS.

I always thought cooler heads prevailed here but I guess anyone can get caught up in the hype of a situation.
 
America was born via war, hence Americans tend towards war as a solution.

Nukes whupped the Japs and held back the reds, hence Nuke em as a strategy.

When you look at the thinking through a historical prism it's pretty obvious.
I think most Americans would not look upon nukes as a reasonable solution.
Also I do not agree at all with your initial statement
America was born via war, hence Americans tend towards war as a solution.
I don't think that is an American condition anymore than it is a condition of a good portion of mankind.
 
I didn't expect so many people on this board to act like the media sensationalizing a situation and spreading tons and tons of BS.

I always thought cooler heads prevailed here but I guess anyone can get caught up in the hype of a situation.

Sensantionalize? I think they've tried to downplay the seriousness of the situation. They've only talked about the impact to the USA, so far. They haven't talked about the international impact and how long it will take to recover from this. This is, at least, a half-century worth of damage.
 
Abolishing every major oil company and a signficant chunk of the word's civil engineering capacity is consistent with us continueing to have much of a civilisation.

Actually, nationalizing all of it and putting the engineers to work cleaning up the damage already done and finding safer alternatives, including new energy sources (which remain nationalized, rather than sold to corporations) would be a great thing for civilization. Let the fossil fuels industry fund the search for its own replacement. The oil will still have value after it is no longer just something we burn to warm our butts and move our toys.
 
:rolleyes:

Whatever country you come from generalizes too often.

You know what?

I originally wrote a stream of crap trying to sound clever and debate this point, but instead I'll just post THIS.

If that's not the budget of a nation committed to warfare I don't know what is.

PS - I live in America, am married to an American, have an American son and will likely soon be a citizen myself.
 
You know what?

I originally wrote a stream of crap trying to sound clever and debate this point, but instead I'll just post THIS.

If that's not the budget of a nation committed to warfare I don't know what is.

PS - I live in America, am married to an American, have an American son and will likely soon be a citizen myself.
Just one question. Why?
 
If that is what it takes to change the attitudes of the corporate idiots, yes. I also think that Don Blankenship should be in jail and all his assets liquidated. Worker safety should come first. If your business model fails because of it, you have no business being in business. The idea that corporations have huiman rights is absurd, but they asked for it. Let them suffer human penalties as well.

Paying a fine for safety violations and continuing to operate is no less a crime than continuing to drive drunk. A lot of countries have a death penalty for vehicular homicide. I have no porblem with imposing one on corporations for an equivalent crime. Corporations exist at government sufferage and it is up to government to punish them when they kill people by avoidable safety violations. The boards of directors should also go to jail for allowing the sort of corruption that got them the waivers. Anyone at MMS who wrote them a waiver needs to go to jail as an accessory and for government corruption.


No. My relevant experience is in public safety. You allow an idiot to go on being an idiot long enough and people get hurt. Rich people think paying a fine is an adequate pennance. Families of victims usually think otherwise.


The lot of them should suffer the max penalty. None of them should be allowed to exist after the leak is stopped. They have never demonstrated any skill at cleaning up this kind of mess, so they have only one function useful to human civilization or the species right now. They shoukld be suffered to exist only for the purpose of stopping the leak.

Arguments from ignorance and anger. I get it. You know when idiots make stupid arguments and claims about the military and firefighting and it gets you really annoyed because it is obvious they are clueless. Well now you are acting exactly the same.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom