• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

I Have Realized, Woo Is Like Beer

quoted again for understanding to others.

Nobody denied that the experience of a pschic reading e.g. would not be real. That would be a dumb thing to cvlaim. In fact, I don't even know what it would mean.

But that I feel I have been talking to the dead doesn't mean that I actually have done so. In this is where the analogy breaks. At least the morning after, I'll no longer think I am sexy and can sing and dance. A woo will still believe that they talked to their long dead grandmother.
 
The analogy puts me in mind of the quote attributed to Ben Franklin; that "beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".

That aside, if you hate beer, you've been drinking the wrong kind, and if you drink beer just to get drunk then you're doin' it wrong. There's an awful lot of crappy mass produced beer in the world, but there's a lot of delicious stuff too. You could say the same thing about bread: lots of it is bland, mass produced crap, but a fresh loaf made from good quality ingredients by a skilled baker is one of life's great sensory pleasures. Same goes for beer.
 
Last edited:
rorylee said:
The feeling you get when drunk is exactly as real as any other feeling. Just because an emotion/feeling is partly caused by externally sourced chemicals doesn't make it any less real. This is something many people who criticise alcohol don't seem to understand.

You said it!! now use that thought pattern as a 'woo' also. (omg i said woo!!! lol)

The feeling you get as a 'psychic or woo' is exactly as real as any other feeling. Just because an emotion/feeling is partly caused by external source within yourself doesn't make it any less real. This is something many people who criticise 'psychics or woo's' don't seem to understand.
quoted again for understanding to others.

You do realize the highlighted text is nonsensical, don't you? Cuddles' point and your own do not match.

What exactly was supposed to be for the understanding of others? If anything I seem to get your point less and less as you go on.
 
i had a feeling that text was gonna get picked out, i changed it numerous times cause it can suit anything on the way a psychic gets his or hers info, just like you get drunk from chemicals.
 
i had a feeling that text was gonna get picked out, i changed it numerous times cause it can suit anything on the way a psychic gets his or hers info, just like you get drunk from chemicals.

So you have your own internal barkeeper serving you pints of psychic lager?
 
i had a feeling that text was gonna get picked out, i changed it numerous times cause it can suit anything on the way a psychic gets his or hers info, just like you get drunk from chemicals.

How does a psychic get info?

Honestly, nothing about this post made any sense.
 
i had a feeling that text was gonna get picked out, i changed it numerous times cause it can suit anything on the way a psychic gets his or hers info, just like you get drunk from chemicals.

You don't get drunk from chemicals. You get drunk by a giant who can magically liquify people.
 
You all are looking at Woo as if it is getting people high. I look at it like it is a good beer to be enjoyed. When I see someone claim Bigfoot tosses 200lb hogs, I get all happy inside, similar to the feeling I get when Bell's Hopslam comes out every winter.

Some of you are looking at Woo, as though the person acting woo is buzzed as though he has drunk too much beer. The enjoyability of beer is not necessarily in the buzz, but in the intricacies inherent in a finely crafted brew.
 
Woo is like non-alcoholic beer.
There I fixed it for you.

I like my metaphorical drink with at least 9% fact.
 
Last edited:
Same for a guy who drinks a lot and drives their car.

Not quite. The difference being that there is indisputable evidence to indicate that being drunk makes one's reaction times slower and therefore less capable of driving a vehicle with due care and attention. The evidence suggesting that second hand smoke is harmful to health is contradictory at best.

Is this topic drift? Apologies if I am derailing the thread away from the OP, we can have this smoking discussion elsewhere.
 
Not quite. The difference being that there is indisputable evidence to indicate that being drunk makes one's reaction times slower and therefore less capable of driving a vehicle with due care and attention. The evidence suggesting that second hand smoke is harmful to health is contradictory at best.

Is this topic drift? Apologies if I am derailing the thread away from the OP, we can have this smoking discussion elsewhere.

In order to continue this discussion, we'd have to prove or disprove that second hand smoke is harmful. But since I am kinda ignorant on this subject (I don't have any (or few) medical knowledge), I think it would be a good idea not to discuss smoking elsewhere (unless you really want it, albeit I wouldn't participate maybe other people would).
 
I predict that the more someone like beer, the less they will like the analogy
Perhaps...

However... I have a hunch that some 1,880 or so might like it

<fromTheArchive>
Why Beer is Better than God

They don't force Beer on minors who can't think for themselves
You can prove if you have a Beer
No one will kill you for not buying Beer
No one has ever been burned at the stake, hanged or tortured for favouring a particular brand of Beer
Beer has never caused a major war
There are laws saying Beer labels can't lie to you
You don't have to wait 2000+ years for a second beer
Beer doesn't tell you how to have sex
When you have a Beer, you don't knock on people's doors trying to give it away
If you've devoted your life to Beer, there are groups to help you stop
​
</fromTheArchive>
 
In order to continue this discussion, we'd have to prove or disprove that second hand smoke is harmful.

If only it was that simple eh? Is inhaling smoke harmful... errrrmmm????
The actual question is "Is inhaling smoke as harmful as we are told it is"

That's the question no one (without an agenda) seems to be able to answer.


So, good luck with that.

TopHat-Cigarette2.jpg
 
If only it was that simple eh? Is inhaling smoke harmful... errrrmmm????
The actual question is "Is inhaling smoke as harmful as we are told it is"

That's the question no one (without an agenda) seems to be able to answer.


So, good luck with that.

[qimg]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg117/ThePsychoClown/TopHat-Cigarette2.jpg[/qimg]

:D
 
Beer is like woo?! Those are argumentative words and I would deconstruct your argument and embarrass you if you had an argument to deconstruct. Mere assertion is not an argument.

You are the woo. Not beer.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom