When the proof is not there it is logical to look at all the evidence and choose the one most likely to be true. That is what I did, and that is what is done at civil trials. I would only be claiming supernatural knowledge if I did what Joobz did and claim that we "know" what the original word in the text said.
The points noted here are from Joobz post 9525 in this thread
Evidence as it stands:
1. Original Hebrew text contained the term kari, not Karu.
I belive that he did post asource for this, if you dispute this source please state why. (Other than the fact that you don't like the conclusion.)
2. Kari translates "like a lion" not pierce
Is this incorrect? If so please provide a source.
3. karu translates as "to dig or shriveled" not pierce.
Is this incorrect? If so please provide a source.
4. Psalm 22 is written from the standpoint of a man not a man/god
This seems to be more of a literary critique / interpretation than any proof per se but as it reads to me at face value be something that I can agree with.
5. Psalm 22 speaks of present sorrow which will be replaced by joy from the coming of god's kingdom, a popular theme in the apocalyptic cults
Do you disagree with this point?
6. The Gospel writers wrote Jesus saying "my god, my god.." as an intentional allusion to this popular apocalyptic Psalm
This is perhaps the weakest of statements in his list and as worded is implying that he has knowledge of the intent of the authors. This is speculation but it worded differently could still be very valid point. lets say...
Apocalyptic Cults were common during that period and this Psalm fits the pattern seen in other writings of the period and is not unique.
7. The early Christian cult emerged from the Apocalyptic cults.
Do you disagree with this point? Note that the the word cult here is being used in the most generic from to describe a small splinter sect from a religion that often has a charasmatic leader. I don't think the usage of the word was intended to include sinister intent.
And you too are claiming supernatural knowledge by implying you know what word was actually written in the "original text".
I am making no claim about the word being translated. I recognize what areas I am knowledgeable in and where I should listen and learn. Joobz is reporting on what HAS BEEN observed and documented. He does do some speculation but identifies it as such. You on the other hand focus instead on the possibility that a missing stroke on the paper / papyrus / parchment causes the difference of opinion. That is pure speculation. That is NOT evidence.