• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

July Stundie Nominations

Here's one that entertained me:

link
Unfortunately, this one's in the middle of the comments somewhere. Best to search by a couple words in the quote if you want to see the original. Emphasis mine, ALLCAPS original.
there arent many people on the side of woo, youd think theyd take care to remember their names (its Zecharia Sitchin, not Zacharia Sitchens)


FWIW his books are pretty interesting, even if batcrap crazy
 
"Says it all"? Not even close!





Each line just gets better and better....


in that same thread;

exmicrochipmafia said:
AND it has been shown to prevent Alzheimers disease too.


geezes...that forums is the sewer of stupidity


eta: my great uncle was a 60 year smoker. He developed dementia and also Alzheimers. He died 10 years ago to emphysema....so I dont know what study the idiot is pulling this crap from.
 
Last edited:
Here's one that entertained me:

link
Unfortunately, this one's in the middle of the comments somewhere. Best to search by a couple words in the quote if you want to see the original. Emphasis mine, ALLCAPS original.

I'd been thinking about this since I first found the nomination I'm quoting above. I decided I couldn't resist actually doing it.

180064a5cfe496e2cc.jpg
 
Arus808 said:
in that same thread;

exmicrochipmafia said:
AND it has been shown to prevent Alzheimers disease too.
geezes...that forums is the sewer of stupidity

eta: my great uncle was a 60 year smoker. He developed dementia and also Alzheimers. He died 10 years ago to emphysema....so I dont know what study the idiot is pulling this crap from.
It makes sense, though. Alzheimer's is a disease that manifests itself with advancing age. If smokers die of lung cancer or emphysema before the symptoms of Alzheimer's become noticeable, that would reduce the rate of diagnosed Alzheimer's in that population.
 
I'd been thinking about this since I first found the nomination I'm quoting above. I decided I couldn't resist actually doing it.

[qimg]http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/imagehosting/180064a5cfe496e2cc.jpg[/qimg]

Priceless.:D
 
in that same thread;




geezes...that forums is the sewer of stupidity


eta: my great uncle was a 60 year smoker. He developed dementia and also Alzheimers. He died 10 years ago to emphysema....so I dont know what study the idiot is pulling this crap from.

I think you're giving them far too much credit there...I don't think there is, nor will be a study; at least not one they've read! I think they just make stuff up and pass it on.
 
A Birther writes:

Well, as to cases, it took Edison a thousand or so tries before he found the right filament for the light bulb, so I'm not too shook up by a few hundred attempts.​
 
Screw Newton's laws of physics, bill smith's got his own:

Smith's Law
''Whatever downwards force the moving body exerts on the stationary body of identical construction fixed in the ground is reciprocated by the stationary body equally and oppositely. After that it depends which body is rendered non-viable by mutual erosion first.''
 
I think bill is channeling "Net Force = Zero" Boy. Whatever happened to that poor fellow?
 
A Birther writes:
Well, as to cases, it took Edison a thousand or so tries before he found the right filament for the light bulb, so I'm not too shook up by a few hundred attempts.
​

:boggled:

Insanity. The proper analogy would be if he had tried the same damned material over and over until it finally worked. Of course, he didn't do that, because he wasn't stupid.
 
It seems like the understanding of analogies is located in the same region of the brain that needs to be damaged to become a Conspiranoid Loon in the first place.
 
I'd like to know what Apollo footage he was watching.
 
There seems to be a huge uptick in the acitivites of the Moonbat community with the 40 anniversary of the First Moon Landing coming up. This should furnish a lot of Stundie material.
 
It worries me that the "theories" these people come up with are so easy to debunk, but it's nearly impossible to get them to listen when you do. It's like they have a mental block towards anything remotely sensible. That flag waving business makes my feckin' blood boil!

It's a while since I've seen it (years in fact) but doesn't it wobble cause he's trying to get the pole to stick in the ground?
 
Last edited:
Yes, and it wobbles longer afterwods than you would expect to see in atmosphere.
If you have gravity and atmosphere, and the lack of it sufficiently mixed up that will clearly prove something or other.
 
The stupidist comment I have ever seen(apart from some of my own of course)

how many "big name" conspiracy researchers do people need for gubbins sake? surely one is enough? aka if you've read david icke why do some people need to go on and check out other researchers? or if someone has listened to alex jones then why do they also need to follow icke? surely one researcher (whoever that be) is enough to give people the impetus to go on from there and do their own research?

it's the info that is important, not the person providing it.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom