• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

May Stundie Nominations

I don't understand why these are allowed, at all. Making an overblown mockery of other people's follies (i.e. awards for other people's stupid), no matter how much you disagree with them, or dislike them, isn't something I'd expect from an "educational" environment.

Never been in academia I see.
 
I don't understand why these are allowed, at all. Making an overblown mockery of other people's follies (i.e. awards for other people's stupid), no matter how much you disagree with them, or dislike them, isn't something I'd expect from an "educational" environment.

Using that logic, guess the Darwin awards are out too. Even if most of them are parodies and not actually of people who deserve to have their genes removed from the gene pool.

Point being, they're allowed because they showcase the sheer illogic of most conspiracy theories. We're not making fun of the people themselves; we're making fun of the momentary lack of logic a particular statement they made contains. That's why, during the voting, the names of the persons who made the statements are kept back; we're judging each statement on the basis of what it says, not on who said it.
 
I don't understand why these are allowed, at all. Making an overblown mockery of other people's follies (i.e. awards for other people's stupid), no matter how much you disagree with them, or dislike them, isn't something I'd expect from an "educational" environment.

Laughter can succeed in educating people where lecturing doesn't.
 
The ultimate purpose of some people's lives may be nothing more than to serve as a warning to others.
 
I don't understand why these are allowed, at all. Making an overblown mockery of other people's follies (i.e. awards for other people's stupid), no matter how much you disagree with them, or dislike them, isn't something I'd expect from an "educational" environment.

I would have serious doubts about any group of logical people who do not also possess the capacity to ridicule.

This forum is populated by human beings, not robots.
 
I would have serious doubts about any group of logical people who do not also possess the capacity to ridicule.

This forum is populated by human beings, not robots.

Imagine how lame (instead of being full of unadulterated awesome) the Cracked website would be without ridicule?


Ridicule is important because there needs to be consequences if you say something profoundly illogical and/or stupid.
 
Just to get back to actual Stundies, I see KreeL is making a bid for a major league place.

"Allah is greatest"

Please show us where islamic fundamentalists would say this before committing suicide.

What are they supposed to say - "May the Flying Spaghetti Monster bless me with his noodly appendages"?

Dave
 
د السباغيتي الوحش الطائر بارك لي مع نظيره الملاحق

That looks impossible to pronounce, no wonder they did not say that.:D
 
Ridicule is important because there needs to be consequences if you say something profoundly illogical and/or stupid.

Ridicule is often the only appropriate response to "teh stupid it burns".

Gangularis, please do a forum search on the history and background of the stundies, some of the winners (and also rans), display such a staggering degree of exasperating silliness the only way to deal with it is to laugh. Hence the Stundies.

Incidentally the Stundies take the name from Stundie, a poster of such incredible stupidty that we just had to give up nominating him and just named the award after him. The quote "I've said it before and I'll illiterate again"? Thats a genuine stundie. How do you argue with crazy?
 
Ridicule is often the only appropriate response to "teh stupid it burns".

Gangularis, please do a forum search on the history and background of the stundies, some of the winners (and also rans), display such a staggering degree of exasperating silliness the only way to deal with it is to laugh. Hence the Stundies.

Incidentally the Stundies take the name from Stundie, a poster of such incredible stupidty that we just had to give up nominating him and just named the award after him. The quote "I've said it before and I'll illiterate again"? Thats a genuine stundie. How do you argue with crazy?

What makes Stundie such and outstanding poster was the arrogance and pride he took in his ignorance.

He followed up the best of his stupid with manical laughter.
 
bernie said:
I kid you not.

If you go up in a helicopter in New York and hover for 4 hours and then come back down to earth you should be in Los Angeles, not New York ( if the Earth were really moving ).
Gravity does not account for the copter still being in New York, it would only account for the copter not falling out of the sky back to Earth.

If Copernicanism can be proven wrong, that the universe is geocentric or geostatic and not heliocentric then
Darwinism will fall, then Marxism will fall and then Freudism will fall. All Satans lies will fall like dominoes one afer the other.

Geostatic means the sun and stars go around the Earth each day and folks the only way this could be true is if: The universe is not one ten-trillionth of the size you've been told by Government. Are NASA workers and most high school and university science teachers not paid by the government? Does government lie to us? This is their biggest lie.

This is a religious war. Do we believe the Cabbalist/Pharisaic/Satanist RELIGION of a big bang and out of control exploding universe with bug-eyed aliens or the Christian RELIGION with Earth and Humans as
Special Creations in God's orderly universe.
The Bible says over 60 times that the sun orbits the Earth.
I don't expect anyone to believe this until they check out:
www.fixedearth.com
and www.midclyth.supanet.com

Signed RJ Rushdoony ( real name Bernie )
Preservation of angular momentum for the win.

ETA: Dammit. Nevermind. Saw this on FSTDT today, forgot to check the time of the post. 5 years too old.
link
 
Last edited:
If his idea were correct, wouldn't the chopper land a lot closer to Redding, CA, than Los Angeles? Latitude, and all . . . Or is the guvmint lying to us about the Earth's axis, too?
 
Just to get back to actual Stundies, I see KreeL is making a bid for a major league place.



What are they supposed to say - "May the Flying Spaghetti Monster bless me with his noodly appendages"?

Dave


Pronunced "Allah Akbar" IIRC.

Yeah almost as silly as expecting anyone to ever have shouted "For King and Country" before heading off on a full frontal infantry assault.:jaw-dropp
 
For England or for the Queen were heard a number of times during Victorian era. Let us not also forget Banzai also!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom