• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

May Stundie Nominations

If I change the name we won't be allowed to nominate him anymore. Is that a sacrifice everyone is willing to make?
 
I would just like to say that, according to my dim recollection, the only reason the Stundies are allowed to be called the Stundies is because Stundie was banned; therefore, to have a parody award named after him (her?) was not "extremely cruel or hateful content directed toward another user", since he was no longer a user.

Ultima I is still very much with us [give me strength], so it probably would not be permitted to change the name of the Stundies so that they are making fun of him.

I could be wrong, so it's probably worth checking with the Admin/Mod team.
 
If I change the name we won't be allowed to nominate him anymore. Is that a sacrifice everyone is willing to make?

I'd be fine with it. I suggest calling them The 28th Annual Ultima1e Stundie Awards. :D
 
If I change the name we won't be allowed to nominate him anymore. Is that a sacrifice everyone is willing to make?

No. He'd thrive on the attention. Obviously he comes here to be abused. This is why he is so willfully ignorant: it does get you noticed around here. Stundie him? Absolutely. Rename the award after him? Absolutely not.
 
I'd rather they weren't renamed. I mean, the Cy Young Award is still the Cy Young Award even though there have been better pitchers to come along since then.
 
I'd rather they weren't renamed. I mean, the Cy Young Award is still the Cy Young Award even though there have been better pitchers to come along since then.



Hear Hear! Let's not debase the sublime stupidity that Stundie was, by comparing him to the modern (Steroid-enhanced?) stupidity of the current truthers!
 
I wasn't serious about renaming it (and I would have asked for Ultima1's permission if I had) so no one needs to get too worked up over that.
 
If we were to rename them, I'd vote for naming them after William Rea.

Just because :)

No, the "William Reas" would be different--they would be a series of awards for Truthers who try to pretend that they are not Truthers, and fail miserably. The "William Rea" award would be given to the Truther who had the greatest X/Y ratio:

X = how hard the Truther tried to argue he wasn't actually a Truther
Y = how convincing the Truther was when arguing he wasn't actually a Truther
 
Last edited:
I wasn't serious about renaming it (and I would have asked for Ultima1's permission if I had) so no one needs to get too worked up over that.



Oh, sure, try to deflect my Righteous Outrage with such Obvious Platitudes!

You won't keep me asleep that easily!
 
I wasn't serious about renaming it (and I would have asked for Ultima1's permission if I had) so no one needs to get too worked up over that.

Can you at least work "Teh 28th Annual" back in?
 
I would just like to say that, according to my dim recollection, the only reason the Stundies are allowed to be called the Stundies is because Stundie was banned; therefore, to have a parody award named after him (her?) was not "extremely cruel or hateful content directed toward another user", since he was no longer a user.

Ultima I is still very much with us [give me strength], so it probably would not be permitted to change the name of the Stundies so that they are making fun of him.

I could be wrong, so it's probably worth checking with the Admin/Mod team.

I don't understand why these are allowed, at all. Making an overblown mockery of other people's follies (i.e. awards for other people's stupid), no matter how much you disagree with them, or dislike them, isn't something I'd expect from an "educational" environment.
 
I don't understand why these are allowed, at all. Making an overblown mockery of other people's follies (i.e. awards for other people's stupid), no matter how much you disagree with them, or dislike them, isn't something I'd expect from an "educational" environment.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123809
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123046

From my POV.This is fine.It allows to point out often huge idiocy as each nomination should be either obvious or explained. IIRC it was named after poster from different boards as Stundie here was just sockpuppet ( http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69567&highlight=stundie )

Two previous links are to FM section. Your compaint belongs there. Do not derail this thread.
 
I don't understand why these are allowed, at all. Making an overblown mockery of other people's follies (i.e. awards for other people's stupid), no matter how much you disagree with them, or dislike them, isn't something I'd expect from an "educational" environment.

To quote Hobbes*, "I guess if we couldn't react to things that make no sense we couldn't react to a lot of life."




*Hobbes the tiger.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom