• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

So Why Is The Gospel Still An Offense?

This question, like all questions, can be answered by looking in God's Word:

(1) Yes...

And you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Indeed, and more, my point was that the "bible" as a "certain" reference can be very unclear when it comes to the alleged "will" of a possible God...but more importantly, rather than having an omniptent god, people like Kathy would confine their diety to the four-square of their holy book, reducing "god" to little more than a machine...of the kind that Capt. Kirk would have easilly outwitted -- a la' Landru and Mudd's Planet.
 
I have to take offense if you really believe that only Jesus can fix our problems. Does that mean that all Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, and yes, unbelievers have no hope in our lives?

If so, what is your evidence?
Actually, I've always wondered what a devout Hindu would think if he ended up in heaven with Moses, Jesus, and Jerry Falwell? What would they talk about?;)
 
It's my understanding that the association of Lucifer as the serpent is a "modern" one and originally the serpent was just a serpent.

I also understand it's a modern one since the association of Lucifer with the Garden of Eden serpent is not made until Revelation 12:9.
As such, according to the old history, the serpent was punished by having to crawl on it's belly forever.

I associate Lucifer with the serpent because most Xtians make the association, since many of them don't realize the older history or have checked it.
 
Last edited:
As long as a religious-type person is fielding questions, I have one for you:

So Adam and Eve are the first two humans, and they have two children, Cain and Abel. Cain kills Abel and God punishes Cain by, among other things, exiling him from Eden.

Now here's the part that I always found amusing: "Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him. 16 So Cain went out from the LORD's presence and lived in the land of Nod, [f] east of Eden."

If there's only Adam, Eve, and Cain on the planet, who was Cain going to run into? Somehow he manages to find a wife and have a kid. Where did these other people come from?

The more I read about the Bible, the more it seems to me that Adam and Eve weren't the first humans; they were the first Hebrews. "Gods" (plural) created the world, and created men in their own image. Adam was the one created in Jehovah's image; other tribes were created in the images of their own tribal gods (which is why we all look so different).

It makes sense (as a myth, at least), as long as you don't consider the "reboot" of Noah's flood.
 
The more I read about the Bible, the more it seems to me that Adam and Eve weren't the first humans; they were the first Hebrews. "Gods" (plural) created the world, and created men in their own image. Adam was the one created in Jehovah's image; other tribes were created in the images of their own tribal gods (which is why we all look so different).

I agree. And that's why Cain had no problem finding a wife in Nod after Adam cast him out.
 
The more I read about the Bible, the more it seems to me that Adam and Eve weren't the first humans; they were the first Hebrews. "Gods" (plural) created the world, and created men in their own image. Adam was the one created in Jehovah's image; other tribes were created in the images of their own tribal gods (which is why we all look so different).

It makes sense (as a myth, at least), as long as you don't consider the "reboot" of Noah's flood.

I think you're obviously right when we have this discussion in the realm of reason and sensibility.

The only reason I find it curious is when you contrast the tale in the Bible with the claim that Adam and Eve are the ancestors of all humans. Endless christians have made this claim, and it's baldly contradictory to the first two pages of their favorite book.
 
This question, like all questions, can be answered by looking in God's Word:



"The Lord Samuel repented that he had made Saul king over Israel." - 1 Samuel 15:35

"The Lord Samuel repented of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, it is enough: stay now thine hand." - 2 Samuel 24:16

"In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah ... said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Isaiah Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live. ... Thus saith the LORD ... I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years." - Isaiah 38:1-5

"The Lord Jeremiah repented him of the evil which he had pronounced against them." - Jeremiah 26:19

"God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them." - Jonah 3:10[/indent]

(2) No.

"The Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent." - 1 Samuel 15:29

"God is not a man that he should lie; neither the son of a man that he should repent." - Numbers 3:1​

And you pays your money and you takes your choice.
.
Fixed that for ya! :)
All attributions of "the lord" saying anything can easily be corrected by inserting the actual human author of the words.
 
Last edited:
This question, like all questions, can be answered by looking in God's Word:

(1) Yes.

"And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people." - Exodus 32:14

"The Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel." - 1 Samuel 15:35

"The Lord repented of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, it is enough: stay now thine hand." - 2 Samuel 24:16

"In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah ... said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live. ... Thus saith the LORD ... I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years." - Isaiah 38:1-5

"The Lord repented him of the evil which he had pronounced against them." - Jeremiah 26:19

"God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them." - Jonah 3:10​

(2) No.

"The Strength of Israel will not lie nor repent: for he is not a man, that he should repent." - 1 Samuel 15:29

"God is not a man that he should lie; neither the son of a man that he should repent." - Numbers 3:1​

And you pays your money and you takes your choice.

The Lord certainly seems to make a lot of mistakes, doesn't he? All that repenting of...
 
I was raised Roman Catholic :boxedin: What put me off was how little choice I had in the afterlife. Hell didn't sound good. Purgatory was really boring, Limbo had a nice name, but was really boring, and heaven was full of the people I spent my time trying to avoid...

Imagine an eternity in heaven with all those smug, self-righteous, luvvies... :eek:
 
Ok here's the new game. The posts where kathy makes up words and has grammar and spelling errors I'll grant as her own. However as noted here, she has a habit of copy/pasting from other sites without regard for rule 4.

So, which posts are plagiarized? The first to guess correct wins flare points from me. Flare points are redeemable for drinks at TAM. Flare points are also too much of teh ghey for Kathy to appreciate, thus being left entirely to us demonic infidels to party with. For a visual representation of what someone with flare points looks like, here you go:

oldladydevilsign4dj.jpg
 
So, which posts are plagiarized? The first to guess correct wins flare points from me. Flare points are redeemable for drinks at TAM. Flare points are also too much of teh ghey for Kathy to appreciate, thus being left entirely to us demonic infidels to party with.


This one. Duh.

And this.

Very likely.

Borderline, but I want drinks.

Spam, spam, spammity, spam.

This one is a gimme.

I hope someone is getting royalties for this.

I think she has this as a Word macro.

Yeah, OK, so this one is totally obvious.

Another one of her favorites.

This one sounds a little too rehearsed.

As does this.

Form answer #1526.

Part canned, part ad hoc.
 
C'mon Hok, you know better. To get the drinks you have to show where they came from.

Show your work, love. ;)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom