Tsukasa Buddha
Other (please write in)
- Joined
- Sep 10, 2006
- Messages
- 15,302
Ah, so many naughty jokes from that poster, but so many autocensors.
Yes. In fact, they are opposed to any human-animal relationships as they call them all 'exploitative'.
It seems to me what she is promoting is taking care of your cat, what is wrong with that?
You people should be grateful you don't have cats.
Tricia Helfer (a.k.a. Six to her legions of fans)
In reality PETA advocates for the extinction of all species of domesticated animals.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134873
PETA (At least the branch around here) is our sworn enemy. They see what we do as cruel because they are "forced" to stay here. Four times in the 7 months I've been here, animal control has come out for inspection. I was pointed out to me that AC knows we're legal but it they get a complaint, they have to check. The biggest fear is that Peta will catch us on a technical and force the county to take the cats.
I understand that Peta does some good, but then I had friends that were good people until I found they were racist.
Wait, what? How does that make sense? Do you have a source?
PETA does kill animals they collect from people who think PETA will try to find them homes (they don't). Several years ago they got in trouble because they improperly disposed of the animals they euthanized by putting them in a dumpster behind their national headquarters.I think he's taking it a step further. PETA advocates the abolishment of all human-animal relationships, so that animals can return to their feral state in the wild. Most domesticated animals that depend on humans for food would most likely die from starvation or turn into scavengers. Either way, they would be bred out or killed by predators who were not domesticated.
This is the extension of what PETA advocates, or rather its unintended consequence - but not the letter of it.
Well, I have to agree with them. My dogs exploit me shamelessly.
Not all of PETA's actions/positions are bad. While I generally have an unfavorable opinion of them, I can't fault them for advocating taking good care of your pets.
I just let the cat outside without supervision, so unfortunately I don't meet their standards.
What is PETA's position on pet cats being let loose unsupervised?
I like her pussy.
If that's true, then... wow. PETA is even more wacko than I thought, and I knew they were pretty much nutjobs.I think he's taking it a step further. PETA advocates the abolishment of all human-animal relationships, so that animals can return to their feral state in the wild.
I ask their web site. Outdoor cats. In a word, against.It depends on who in PETA you're asking, to be honest.