I have not had your experience so perhaps my comments are not apposite. But for what it is worth I think it would be helpful if you spent some time really exploring your own beliefs now that you are out of the milieu which makes that so difficult. There is a joy in discussing these issues with people who have no strong interest in guiding or altering your beliefs, and this is a good place to do it. I am sure there will be people amongst your friends with different opinions too, and so you have time and space to think about this if it interests you. When you are confident in your position it will be easier to avoid confrontation, and to deal with it when it arises, perhaps
Your parents may be very worried about you if their religion teaches your eternity is at stake here: but they may also be worried in the general sense too. I think that most of us never really achieve adulthood in our parents' minds: they remember too well when we could not be trusted with the kettle, and it kind of sticks. Living apart from them successfully goes a long way to changing that perception: independence and achievement in the adult world is not really deniable in the long term and if their worst fears for you are not realised it may become easier for them to accept your decision. I do not know how they view your prospects, but I read that many religious people do not grasp that it is possible to live a good and moral life without faith; and so they may anticipate you will damage yourself by the choices you make for yourself: from what you say they are already pleasantly surprised by your ability: that will surely have its effect over time, I think.
I have no real advice to give here but I will say that it is unlikely you can change them through argument and it will probably just upset all of you if you try. So far as your conscience allows, live as they would wish you to live without religion: and where the demands of their moral code are unacceptable to you - well you are grown up and they do not need to know about all that you do. Sometimes it is kinder to say nothing and although I would not tell outright lies if directly challenged it is sometimes possible to reach a modus vivendi through careful omission.
Perhaps that is not open to you, but you will find your own path. However you go about it, I wish you well.
Your parents may be very worried about you if their religion teaches your eternity is at stake here: but they may also be worried in the general sense too. I think that most of us never really achieve adulthood in our parents' minds: they remember too well when we could not be trusted with the kettle, and it kind of sticks. Living apart from them successfully goes a long way to changing that perception: independence and achievement in the adult world is not really deniable in the long term and if their worst fears for you are not realised it may become easier for them to accept your decision. I do not know how they view your prospects, but I read that many religious people do not grasp that it is possible to live a good and moral life without faith; and so they may anticipate you will damage yourself by the choices you make for yourself: from what you say they are already pleasantly surprised by your ability: that will surely have its effect over time, I think.
I have no real advice to give here but I will say that it is unlikely you can change them through argument and it will probably just upset all of you if you try. So far as your conscience allows, live as they would wish you to live without religion: and where the demands of their moral code are unacceptable to you - well you are grown up and they do not need to know about all that you do. Sometimes it is kinder to say nothing and although I would not tell outright lies if directly challenged it is sometimes possible to reach a modus vivendi through careful omission.
Perhaps that is not open to you, but you will find your own path. However you go about it, I wish you well.