You claimed that voters could vote "anywhere in the state on the day", and that New Hampshire's website indicated this. Both statements were, and still are, incorrect.
Yes, I was incorrect. I assumed erroneously that only only one election, e.g. presidential, was being held on one day. But you hold all sorts of unrelated votes, including local councils and ballot initiatives and such. We don't do that.
Also, you can't mail an absentee ballot on the day and expect it to be counted. In NH specifically, absentee ballots must be *received* by your hometown clerk by COB on election day, as noted in the very text you quote. It's not a day-of option; it requires prior planning and execution on the part of the voter.
Didn't say mail it in. I said deliver it, i.e. the clerk receives it. And yes, it needs prior planning, as I indicated initially.
Maybe, maybe not. One certainly cannot vote anywhere in the state on the day.
As long as you deliver your vote to the correct place on the day, you don't have to pass the ICE checkpoints before getting your ballot papers.
Yes, it does, because that is what will be on the ballot you will get if you show up to vote there in person. Yes, if you requested an absentee ballot ahead of time, you will be able to vote for stuff in your home district. And you will then have to mail that ballot back to your home district in time for it to get counted.
Yes, as I said. And you don't have to mail it. It just has to get to the clerk by the designated time.
No, you have to deliver it to the office of the clerk where you are registered, and it has to be received by *that* office by COB on election day. Random poll workers at other stations are not going to do that for you because you dropped it on their desk.
Not what I said...although it really should be that easy.
OK, then I guess Trump's ICE agents will win - some voters are potentially going to be disenfranchised because they will be scared away from voting. Which is their intention. I was hoping to read the rules and see how this could be overcome. But if people are determined to
not help themselves...
Also, just BTW, if you make voting compulsory then ICE agents, or anyone else,
preventing any voters attending a booth or
in any way denying registered voters the ability to vote will be breaking the law.