theprestige
Penultimate Amazing
Yep! That's why I highlighted the post that actually made a good argument for rape culture, by ignoring the porn question and focusing on the rape question.It was always about pornography.
Yep! That's why I highlighted the post that actually made a good argument for rape culture, by ignoring the porn question and focusing on the rape question.It was always about pornography.
This was a grad student's master's thesis, not an official finding of the University. I'm confident that an SJSU grad student can indeed be incorrect about things. Especially about politically or emotionally charged things, and about things having to do with information technology.You are affirming that San Jose State University is incorrect?
That's not what I was addressing with that example. The difference between a consensual activity for the entertainment of others and assault was. You know, since "rape" is right in the topic name.According to the National Institute of Health:
Approximately 15% to 40% of retired professional boxers show symptoms of chronic brain injury or long-term neurological damage. Clinical dementia and chronic traumatic brain injury (CTBI) specifically affect roughly 20% of professional fighters over their careers.
So it looks like rape rates in the west have been decreasing since at least 1990, even as porn availability and use have been increasing. More porn correlates with less rape.
And mostly off topic at that. The current round of going round and round about strangling isn't even about it somehow causing rape, but that it might cause others to do consensually. Which is the polar opposite of rape.It was always about pornography.
It's even more than that. That study also compared the rape incidence to internet availability in different states at the time, not just a global trend. A global correlation can be spurious. The same correlation in different states, with different levels of internet availability would need one heck of a coincidence to be all spurious.So it looks like rape rates in the west have been decreasing since at least 1990, even as porn availability and use have been increasing. More porn correlates with less rape.
Neither is strangulation, by the way. Why the ◊◊◊◊ would somebody want to strangulate or even pretend to strangle somebody they're making love to? (This is not a rhetorical question!)
Such a terrible joke you must have the devil inside.Strangulators is the name of my INXS cover band.
My first exposure to the band was when a classmate brought in a bootleg tape. We listened like thieves.Such a terrible joke you must have the devil inside.
I suspect that if it was as easy as holding one's breath, pearl divers would never reproduce, sice they'd have blown any load they ever had at work.A (claimed by practitioners) neurophysiological phenomenon in which hypoxia enhances orgasm.
Does it "work?" No idea. I used to be able to hold my breath in a relaxed state for well over seven minutes, but it never had any erotic side effects on me. That falls short of a full test of the practice, though.
It's not my fault you're more concerned about porn than rape.I think I learned that term here. I don't remember which one, but it was not in a thread about quarks!
This is a new one:
And that's just what I needed to improve my searches. It's a much better search word. Always listen to the experts!
I suspect that if it was as easy as holding one's breath, pearl divers would never reproduce, sice they'd have blown any load they ever had at work.
Possibly. But then hanged people also piss and crap themselves, and nobody claimed that hypoxia is a diuretic or laxative. It's just what happens when you go unconscious and lose control of the sphincters.I agree. Breath players would likely engage in additional erotic stimulation. Though that still wouldn't explain many narratives about hanged men spontaneously ejaculating. (If those are actually true.) Or, the magic only happens if the hypoxia proceeds all the way to unconsciousness, which as far as I can tell is impossible through voluntary breath holding for most people, due to reflexes.
I mean, that's pretty obvious by now.Poem doesn't care about actual rape or actual rape culture. Those are just sounds he makes to try to shame people who make, consume, or tolerate porn because he's learned that most people don't want to be associated with those particular sequences of syllables.
If you want corroboration - here's the Internet Watch Foundation talking about EE2E:This was a grad student's master's thesis, not an official finding of the University. I'm confident that an SJSU grad student can indeed be incorrect about things. Especially about politically or emotionally charged things, and about things having to do with information technology.
Also, this paper examines Dark Web content specifically. People finding CSAM on the Dark Web are already two or three conscious, informed decisions into seeking out CSAM, regardless of whatever Dark Web algorithms are waiting to service their increasingly obscene perversions.
Citation?And while I do think that overindulgence can wire paraphilia into your brain where it didn't exist before, I'd like to see a proper examination of causality. I have a hypothesis that people who are diving into the Dark Web to satisfy their paraphilia didn't get there through innocent porn consumption, they got there because they were never wired to be satisfied by innocent porn consumption. Most gooners find their niche and go all in on that niche. They don't convert to scat fetish because cishet missionary porn got old.
This doesn't corroborate anything I have doubts about.If you want corroboration - here's the Internet Watch Foundation talking about EE2E:
IWF Shows Child Sexual Abuse can be Blocked in E2EE Services
IWF paper sets out how end-to-end encrypted messaging can be protected from child sexual abuse without breaking encryption.www.iwf.org.uk
For my hypothesis? Okay, sure:Citation?
You still doubt that child porn is available on the open web?This doesn't corroborate anything I have doubts about.
What evidence do you have that they : don't convert to scat fetish because cishet missionary porn got old.For my hypothesis? Okay, sure:
I have a hypothesis that people who are diving into the Dark Web to satisfy their paraphilia didn't get there through innocent porn consumption, they got there because they were never wired to be satisfied by innocent porn consumption. Most gooners find their niche and go all in on that niche. They don't convert to scat fetish because cishet missionary porn got old.Prestige, T. (2026, August 11) Does 'rape culture' accurately describe (many) societies? Post #5,401. International Skeptics Forum. https://internationalskeptics.com/f...-describe-many-societies.370195/post-14900971.
Since the only age mentioned in the article is 7 year olds I'll stick to my take away from the article. You can of course continue to think the other two men were looking at CSAM that featured teenagers who had passed through puberty.Citation. On my desk by 7pm.
What is the evidence that that paper and the IWF are wrong?Are you affirming that San Jose State University is a perfect source of 100% reliable information?