• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Apollo 11 Moon Landing Revisited: Hoax ~vs~ Debunk

Well, think about it. Imagine you were back in Year 1500 and the priests came along demanding money for every small penance. An annoying clever dick comes along and says, wait, how does that work? Hey presto, massive pile-on by outraged, er, country-dwellers just spoiling for a ruck. They know the priests are right because it's a fact, innit? Stands to reason.
What has this rubbish to do with anything?
 
EEG = electroencephalogram, a depiction of electrical field variations in regions of the brain as measured by electrodes on the skin of the head.
ECG = electrocorticogram (also ECoG), a depiction of electrical field variations in regions of the brain as measured by electrodes on the cortex.
EKG = electrocardiogram, a depiction of electrical field variations in the nerves in the region of the heart as measured by electrodes on the skin chest and/or back.

Might it vary by region? The defibrillators I test for my job usually say 'ECG' for the electrocardiogram port, or sometimes they say both, ECG/EKG. The cables seem to be called ECG cables at the store. https://shop.stryker.com/lifepak-4-wire-ecg-cable-5-ft-aha/

When I was in school, my instructor said that it was always called ECG, and you'd never hear anyone calling it EKG. That seems not to be the case. I've seen hospitals with giant signs painted on the walls pointing to the EKG department.

I can't say I've personally done any testing to see how they may be affected by moisture. I'm sure the people designing them found a way to compensate for it, though.
 
Might it vary by region? The defibrillators I test for my job usually say 'ECG' for the electrocardiogram port, or sometimes they say both, ECG/EKG.
This is why both EKG and ECoG exist. It might vary by region, but it's more likely to vary by context.

When I was in school, my instructor said that it was always called ECG, and you'd never hear anyone calling it EKG. That seems not to be the case. I've seen hospitals with giant signs painted on the walls pointing to the EKG department.
My doctors have never referred to it as anything other than EKG. In the neurological science context ECG never refers to the heart.

ETA: I should add that electrocorticography is not a diagnostic or medical procedure per se. Since it involves trepanning portions of the cranium and affixing electrodes directly onto the tissue of the cerebral cortex, it is more commonly employed as a neuroscience research technique. Hence "ECG" will not be routinely encountered in a medical context where it will be likely to be misinterpreted.

Neither electroencephalography nor electrocardiography, however abbreviated, has the slightest to do with how a polygraph works, contrary to @Vixen's claim.

I can't say I've personally done any testing to see how they may be affected by moisture. I'm sure the people designing them found a way to compensate for it, though.
We did.
 
Last edited:
I expect that self-righteous guff is indeed how you like to think of what's happening here but it absolutely isn't.

You're not the victimised honest seeker after truth here. You're a deeply dishonest manipulator winding people up for attention and even this post is a part of that.
Yes, like publicity, there’s no such thing as bad attention.
 
Might it vary by region? The defibrillators I test for my job usually say 'ECG' for the electrocardiogram port, or sometimes they say both, ECG/EKG. The cables seem to be called ECG cables at the store. https://shop.stryker.com/lifepak-4-wire-ecg-cable-5-ft-aha/

When I was in school, my instructor said that it was always called ECG, and you'd never hear anyone calling it EKG. That seems not to be the case. I've seen hospitals with giant signs painted on the walls pointing to the EKG department.

I can't say I've personally done any testing to see how they may be affected by moisture. I'm sure the people designing them found a way to compensate for it, though.

Absolutely right. In the UK (and within Vixen's experience) ECG exclusively stands for electrocardiogram. We refer to electrocorticogram either by its full name (most usually) or by ECoG.

ECG (US: EKG) was greatly developed in St Mary's Hospital in London, in a lab which featured in some consulting work I did for the hospital trust. St Mary's is also famous as the place where Alexander Fleming unwittingly discovered Penicillin; the very window in his lab that he left open while on holiday - thereby allowing the Penicillium fungi to enter and colonise his petri dishes - is still visible (and marked with a plaque) overlooking Praed Street.
 
They're contact transparencies. The fun thing about reversal film is that you can bipack it and make contact transparencies without an internegative, making them trivially easy to make. The author of the source article is incorrect when he says they are camera originals on Estar thinbase. The transparencies he's shown scanning are obviously not thinbase. They're the ordinary base that would have been easily obtained as double-sprocket 120 format and therefore cheap to use to make copies. And he has "partial" rolls because the originals were longroll, so you can only copy part of the roll onto existing formats.
In the comments, there is a response from a NASA employee who confirms that these are contact duplicate positives and also explains how these copies are not classified NASA property, but copies that were provided by NASA for a number of other agencies. “Proof” of them not being originals, being the type of serial number in the sprocket margin (rebate), of these dupes.
 
I would much prefer to be a judge than a coal miner because of the absence of falling coal.
...it's safer work, judgin' than minin'. You're not troubled by falling coal, for one thing. You don't get that down your guild halls. It's a feature of the guild hall life, the absence of falling coal. You get judges remarkin' on it, they say "Hello, not much coal falling in today."​
 
You and your fancy
...it's safer work, judgin' than minin'. You're not troubled by falling coal, for one thing. You don't get that down your guild halls. It's a feature of the guild hall life, the absence of falling coal. You get judges remarkin' on it, they say "Hello, not much coal falling in today."​
You and your fancy tungsten carbide drills! Why if my writer's cramp wasn't so bad...

OIP (4).webp
 
And I have been taught to apply EEG electrodes by professional neuroscientists, which is part of how I know that electroencephalography is not used in a polygraph exam. Your "typos" reveal the sloppiness of your understanding. Electroencephalography decodes signals that originate in the brain. A polygraph measures galvanic skin response, which is looking at the electrical conductivity of the skin. Galvanic skin response is an indicator of stress, but not a reliable indicator of deception.

Electroencephalography can indeed be used to detect stress at the neurological level, but that signal occurs in an entirely different part of the signal spectrum—alpha and high beta—than distortions that might arise from perspiration (typically less than 4 Hz). In fact, the rolling distortion from perspiration must be filtered out (which is why engineers are employed to process the signals) before an EEG signal can be interpreted to indicate stress. The presence of the perspiration distortion indicates only perspiration. It is not proper to infer stress from that, nor deception from stress.

In any case, none of this tangent into yet another thing you don't know enables you or anyone else to look at a video of a stranger and pretend that examining "body language" is any sort of reliable way of determining whether someone is lying.
My bad - I was referring to a GSR not an EEG or ECG.
 
I must be psychic. I predicted you wouldn't address any awkward questions, but produce an unrelated stream of consciousness, and hey, presto!

:dl:
I was trying to address in simple terms your query to me as to why I didn't argue the points in favour of an Apollo 11 Moon Landing as much as the other parties'. Firstly, a debate entails you pick a side and secondly, as I was trying to illustrate by my year 1500 example, the average person is not able to evaluate ideas. It doesn't follow the person with the ideas is the one in the wrong.
 
Lunar sample 61195 from Apollo 16 textured with zap pits from micrometeorite impacts (Credit : James Stuby from NASA image)
Lunar sample 61195 from Apollo 16 textured with "zap pits" from micrometeorite impacts (Credit : James Stuby from NASA image)

:sdl:
Plenty of those fall to Earth, anyway. Most of the 'Moon rock' samples supposedly brought back are locked away and only available for those who apply citing special research.
 
But people did ask how it worked and we had the Reformation
Not in year 1500 and only after two or three wars, some 12 million people dead and multiple peasant uprisings throughout Sweden and Finland by pockets of country dwellers desperate to hang on to their Catholic faith. So no, the average person can't grasp that what they perceive as reality is true, ain't necessarily so, which is why people are so convinced the Apollo 11 Moon Landing happened and get so incredibly upset when I wanted to debate it having heard the arguments of the sceptics. They actually believe they have to worship the people who did it and it's a kind of blasphemy to enquire after apparent discrepancies.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom