• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Who should run for the Dems?

That's how you know everything is going to be ok. When dudalb shows up and says both sides are bad and it's going to end in civil war it makes me feel at ease. I know, at that point, that everything will work out.
So no criticism of the Dems or the Left is allowed. GOt it.
 
No there are. You just prefer to believe that there aren't because their views don't align with your rather chocolate box "land of the free notion" of America. The moment there is a leader of substance who threatens the putrefied status quo of America, the political landscape and media work double time to undermine them. I definitely believe that people like Mamdani and the DS candidates who recently won in the primaries offer such leadership. Name an equivalent on the right.
 
I've heard Jon Ossoff being mentioned more and more often - could he be a compromise that would work? Anti-corruption, pro-women's rights, somewhere in between centrists and progressives, it seems at a glance?
I'd be worried about him, Warnock, Kelly and Gaellgo, whom I have also heard thrown around. Mainly because their current seats are too vulnerable to risk.
 
And now accusations of rape against the Democratic candidate in Maine. he needs to be replaced, he just has to much baggage.
 
And now accusations of rape against the Democratic candidate in Maine. he needs to be replaced, he just has to much baggage.
I don't know about Maine voters - maybe he still has a shot - but the Dems there are just snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Did anybody vet this guy?
 
I don't know about Maine voters - maybe he still has a shot - but the Dems there are just snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Did anybody vet this guy?
That is what gets to me...a lot of bad stuff had come out before the primary.
General consensus he is does not stand the chance of a snowball in hell after today's events. "re
He says he will take a couple of days to "reflect on his candidacy". I will be surprised if he is not gone within a week.
 
Considering we're over 4 months out, I'm going to wait to doom the Dems until we get a little bit closer.

I agree Platner should have been gone significantly earlier but it's who the voters decided on. I'm surprised a guy with that past would even run as a candidate considering he had to know he would be in the limelight. He should have stuck to shucking oysters, but I'm sure the Dems will select a decent candidate and Susan Collins has a lot to answer for to her base. The opportunity is still wide open.
 
I really don't think anyone expected him to get this far, Platner included. This was supposed to be Mills' victory lap.

The replacement is going to be Mills and Collins will squeak out a win. I don't expect the Democratic leadership to understand that Planter got as far as he did despite the baggage because he was hitting issues people cared about and brought solutions besides "wait and see". Even 2 bit grifters like Sinema and Fetterman know that. And they won in purple states campaigning as progressives. Right-wing grifters lift progressive language all the time.

But the response is always "blah blah New York vs Real America" like people in the MidWest don't worry about healthcare costs or wages.
 
But the response is always "blah blah New York vs Real America" like people in the MidWest don't worry about healthcare costs or wages.

To your point, I live in the Midwest and this is the #1 thing talked about at our employee meetings. How much is healthcare going up, how much will we get to offset that and what isn't going to be covered when we switch to a new provider? The latter of which we seem to do every 2 years just to try and keep costs relatively decent.
 
Last edited:
To your point, I live in the Midwest and this is the #1 thing talked about at our employee meetings. How much is healthcare going up, how much will we get to offset that and what isn't going to be covered when we switch to a new provider? The latter of which we seem to do every 2 years just to try and keep costs relatively decent.
Yeah this is why I don't the new Red Scare is going to loom that large in the elections. People are focused on their lives and not some abstract scourge of a few socialist democrats who won primaries. Get some SD's elected in the suburbs then we can have a conversation about a communist threat, such as it's perceived.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom