• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Who should run for the Dems?

The voters tend to think of their own idea of a president in the primary. Someone that seems to match them in some manner. Not someone that is guaranteed to win. There are an awful lot of people who do not find a match with the two parties. I tend to think there are not a lot of people at the very center, but that is who we end up after the primaries. Not a splashy candidate from the Democrats most of the time. We have run candidates with no charisma. Someone like Biden may get it this time, but it will be younger, I would say a white guy about 50 in age.
 
I encourage third party voting locally, but unless you're in a solid D or R state then I wouldn't waste it for general elections. I'd love to see another political party but the stakes are too high at this point.
I've spent most of my adult life in districts so red the greens did about as well as the reps, its freeing really. Now that I'm in a purplish state, I've been voting Dem except its open primaries, so I've been voting least bad republican in the primaries. Most bad has always won though.

ETA, I would absolutely vote Rep in the general if they had one that wasn't awful in the hope it might encourage less awful Reps if given the chance.
 
Last edited:
I've spent most of my adult life in districts so red the greens did about as well as the reps, its freeing really. Now that I'm in a purplish state, I've been voting Dem except its open primaries, so I've been voting least bad republican in the primaries. Most bad has always won though.

ETA, I would absolutely vote Rep in the general if they had one that wasn't awful in the hope it might encourage less awful Reps if given the chance.

It should be noted I do vote Republican for statewide elections at times. Things like treasury or conservation just because I think NoDak does pretty well with those things and I don't think a Dem would do considerably better. I would just never vote for a Republican for Senate, House or POTUS.
 
"If chosen I will not run. If elected I will not serve."
SHerman is one of the few people who almost certainly could have been elected to the White House, but geniunly did not want to be President.
He other great quote on being President is "If I had to choose between being President and spending four years in Prison, I would choose Prison, thank you".
 
It should be noted I do vote Republican for statewide elections at times. Things like treasury or conservation just because I think NoDak does pretty well with those things and I don't think a Dem would do considerably better. I would just never vote for a Republican for Senate, House or POTUS.
Yeah I mostly swing left but there are exceptions as you note. Washington is one of the bluest states in the nation and up until 2021 a Republicans held Secretary of State for 60 years.
 
SHerman is one of the few people who almost certainly could have been elected to the White House, but geniunly did not want to be President.
He other great quote on being President is "If I had to choose between being President and spending four years in Prison, I would choose Prison, thank you".
Hey! Who wouldn't want a job where armed men and women check the toilet before you can go potty?
 
And that is a major problem with both parties; A real lack of outstanding leaders. Sad fact is, a lot of the best and the brigthest don't wan anything to do with running for elected office.
 
That's how you know everything is going to be ok. When dudalb shows up and says both sides are bad and it's going to end in civil war it makes me feel at ease. I know, at that point, that everything will work out.
Well, if civilization dies, it's more likely to be due to global warming, AI, or Borg attack.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom