• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Trump's Second Term

◊◊◊◊ off, numbnuts. I don't mean shut up, or retire, or mind your own business: I mean ◊◊◊◊ off. ◊◊◊◊ off properly and completely.
Make use of the stinking and volatile gases that bloat and distend the bag of corruputed ancient meat that you call a body - light a flame under your arse and yeet youself into the heart of the Sun (or, peferably, a more distant star) and let the nuclear fires therein consume every last vestige of your being.

You are a blight on everything, so ◊◊◊◊ off.

I, too, find Trump to be most unkind.
 
Not a cult

Simonetti: For all the Democrats that say when you fill up the gas tank you are seeing Trump's picture, the whole world will see a picture of Trump on their gas stations in the near future because he is rerouting the oil flow and it’s coming back to the U.S.

Link

If it's coming back then why did it ever leave?
 
Nor is casually dropping a gross slur.

Very true, tbh I kind of jumped straight from the actual wording to the meaning, like when Trump says 'Low IQ' we know what he really means because we know the trait (other than being smarter than him) the people he applies it to share.
 
Right? I know it's hard that you pay more for gas, but Trump's billionaires are making tons of money off of your pain so it's a wash.
Poor people are low IQ people. When you buy a car you have to hedge by buying shares in oil. That way when oil goes up you compensate for the increase in the price of gas at the pump by the increase in dividends and gain in value of your share portfolio.
 
My guess is that was the first and last delivery "Sharron" ever made. And instead of delivery commission she got the SAG-AFTA day rate.
Speaking of........ What? It was a totally staged photo op? Nooooooooooo
 
It was a slow news day..compared to a week of daily idiotic news. So I finally played Open the Straight
It's pretty bad. Reggae singing Trump."Why insult bob marley's style with this smuck"

 
Last edited:
My guess is that was the first and last delivery "Sharron" ever made. And instead of delivery commission she got the SAG-AFTA day rate.
She's an actual delivery driver, according to Doordash, but she has spoken out on behalf of Republican policy a couple of other times.

 
I can't think of anyone I know who supports taxing tips since most service workers have such low wages.
As even the Fox report notes, the bill to drop tip taxes had bipartisan support and passed the senate but the house did not bother with it since it was folded into Trump's big bill. Sharon is actually a Doordash deliverer, her husband does have cancer, and she has been a spokesperson for not taxing tips, though the meeting was set up, obviously. Interestingly, in the Fox video she asserts that she saved 3 to 4 thousand dollars owing to the bill, not the 11 thousand first stated. Considering that she also states she makes more than half her income from tips, one suspects that she's not making a fortune at her job. I sure hope her husband has Medicare.
 
I can't think of anyone I know who supports taxing tips since most service workers have such low wages.
I don't think anyone "supports taxing tips" for low income workers. But, I think the issue is a little more complex than that.

First of all, many "low income" workers probably already paid little or no taxes as it is. If you are working tables for minimum wage in some greasy spoon diner, you may depend on tips to survive, but your income may already be below the threshold where you play ANY tax. So eliminating tax on tips brings your income tax from zero down to zero. (Meanwhile, the waiter in the upscale steakhouse serving prime rib to wall street executives may have a high enough income where eliminating tax on tips means something, but he's probably not the type when you think of the "struggling service worker" that you need to help.)

Secondly, I think there is a legitimate concern that there will be employers who will use the "no tax on tips" policy as an excuse to suppress wages. "Why do I need to increase your salary? You have all this tax-free income now!"

Thirdly, there are a lot of people who earn low wages, but do not receive tips. They may be struggling just as much as the service worker, but are getting no benefit from the policy. (Heck, they may end up worse off, as the government deficit goes up they will lose government services.)

A better option would have been to decrease tax rates for the lower tax brackets, and/or increase the threshold where a person pays no tax. That way, it benefits both the low-wage waiter/waitress, and the low-wage retail worker equally. (And in addition, those that receive tips but have relatively high incomes won't get as much of a "winfall".)
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom