Still dead though!They all also were Republicans.
They all also were liberals.
I'm sure I'm not alone in immediately thinking of several posters' names when reading this.
I believe in elementary school English grammar they call it "the understood 'you'": in the sentence "don't tread on me" there's an unspoken "you" in front. You don't tread on me. But I can and will tread on you. The emblem is literally a snake in the grass, it's not subtle.Also, when you claim to be a Trump supporter and a libertarian, how can you stand by when "don't tread on me" transforms into "comply or die"?
Since you believe in elementary school grammar, allow me to correct yours. You need a period after the word "grammar." "They" begins a new sentence.I believe in elementary school English grammar they call it "the understood 'you'": in the sentence "don't tread on me" there's an unspoken "you" in front. You don't tread on me. But I can and will tread on you. The emblem is literally a snake in the grass, it's not subtle.
I wasn't professing belief in elementary school grammar, I was pointing out what I believe elementary school grammar has to say. It's one sentence whose object is an independent clause.Since you believe in elementary school grammar, allow me to correct yours. You need a period after the word "grammar." "They" begins a new sentence.
As written, it is a run-on sentence: two independent clauses joined without proper punctuation or a conjunction. HTH.I wasn't professing belief in elementary school grammar, I was pointing out what I believe elementary school grammar has to say. It's one sentence whose object is an independent clause.
No, it isn't. The independent clause is the object of the sentence. There would be no punctuation there, and there is no necessity for a conjunction although an unnecessary "that" could be stuck in. The first part of the sentence is not a separate thought: I'm not declaring my belief in elementary school grammar as an article of faith.As written, it is a run-on sentence: two independent clauses joined without proper punctuation or a conjunction. HTH.
Ah, I see. Yeah, that that would have been useful.No, it isn't. The independent clause is the object of the sentence. There would be no punctuation there, and there is no necessity for a conjunction although an unnecessary "that" could be stuck in. The first part of the sentence is not a separate thought: I'm not declaring my belief in elementary school grammar as an article of faith.
But the ideals of libertarianism seem completely at odds with the authoritarian way the current administration is throwing its weight around - prosecution of political enemies, suppression of dissent, controlling the information flow. Where is the rugged small-government individualism?I believe in elementary school English grammar they call it "the understood 'you'": in the sentence "don't tread on me" there's an unspoken "you" in front. You don't tread on me. But I can and will tread on you. The emblem is literally a snake in the grass, it's not subtle.
I've never encountered an actual True Scotsman libertarian. All the ones I've run into only hold the principles of individualism when they think they're the individuals who don't need anything. The moment they even theoretically need something then suddenly it's entirely different and outright socialism is welcome.But the ideals of libertarianism seem completely at odds with the authoritarian way the current administration is throwing its weight around - prosecution of political enemies, suppression of dissent, controlling the information flow. Where is the rugged small-government individualism?
Libertarianism has only ever been a pimple on the bottom of USA politics.But the ideals of libertarianism seem completely at odds with the authoritarian way the current administration is throwing its weight around - prosecution of political enemies, suppression of dissent, controlling the information flow. Where is the rugged small-government individualism?
There is no single meaning of libertarianism. There's 24:But the ideals of libertarianism seem completely at odds with the authoritarian way the current administration is throwing its weight around - prosecution of political enemies, suppression of dissent, controlling the information flow. Where is the rugged small-government individualism?
There is no single meaning of libertarianism. There's 24:
![]()
The 24 Types of Libertarian
TITLE: The 24 Types of Libertarian Balding white guy: no fair oversimplifying our simplistic philosophy! Caption: NAIVE Happy guy with goatee: if the government would DISAPPEAR, everyone would act …leftycartoons.com
ETA [vaccination]Interesting, article. people can make decisions with bad consequences despite good intentions. Sometimes because of incomplete knowledge, in particular knowledge they 'deny', because of pre-conceived prejudices. A number of examples given come from what in the US would be regarded as the right, e.g.
(Teenagers in the United States become pregnant, contract sexually transmitted diseases, and have abortions at much higher rates than teenagers in most other industrialized countries. However, the most effective, scientifically proven approaches to reducing teen pregnancy are often ignored. As psychologist Timothy Wilson noted in summarizing the many problematic efforts in this area: “The fact that policy makers learned so little from past research—at huge human and financial cost—is made even more mind-boggling by being such a familiar story. Too often, policy makers follow common sense instead of scientific data when deciding how to solve social and behavioral problems”
This is where prejudice e.g. HPV vaccine protects against an STD so might encourage sex before marriage so must be a bad thing comes up against 'facts' that HPV [vaccination] does not increase sexual activity in adolescents, but does prevent cervical cancer that might be caused by having sex with your husband. Sex ed does not encourage teen sex.
Katie Miller on X, April 9, 2026
Since 2007, the teen birth rate has fallen 72%.
Hormonal birth control isn’t just poison for women’s minds and bodies — it’s killing population growth.
For the first time ever, birth rates for women in their late 30s have surpassed those in their early 20s.
Our biological destiny is to have babies — not slave behind desks chasing careers while our civilization dies.
![]()
No. That would change the meaning entirely. There absolutely hold not new a full stop after grammar, otherwise the first sentence would be "I believe in elementary school grammar". That is clearly not the meaning intended by the post. In fact, if you want a criticism, I'd say there are too many full stops in the post. The one before "But" is superfluous.Since you believe in elementary school grammar, allow me to correct yours. You need a period after the word "grammar." "They" begins a new sentence.